• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DoD 1.00523 BETA Protect

This BETA map is an online role playing game (ORPG). It has a maximum of 7 players, however, at minimum, 4 players are recommended. Unique features include a randomized questing system, fully customizable item attachments, minigames, cross-loading save system which allows players to bring their heroes to future versions, and more!

This warcraft III mod is still in the process of completion.

DuskofDemise1.00523 PROTECTED: New region added, four new bosses, minor imbalances fixed, Aerial combat system added, Ground tank combat system added, more inherent talents added, and new skins added!

Future BETA version goals: Implement Mainquest storyline and a bag system.

The upcoming patch will present a new region for the player, the "Resplendant Municipal," or, also known as the City of Light. This region will be for levels 45-60, and will have many secrets for the player to discover. I am also creating custom textures for some of the models in my game. Along with this new content, the next patch will offer the player more quests, minigames, and most importantly, the fixing of bugs. Please view the screenshots of the Resplendant Municipal Region.

The new content will be presented before the start of July, please keep updated!

This texture was created by Topdog-160
Angelictemplarhiveshot.jpg

This texture was created by Topdog-160 and is still in the process of completion.
chrono-1.jpg

Newregion1.jpg

newregion14.jpg

newregion12.jpg

Newregion11.jpg

newregion13.jpg

StalaranExit.jpg

maiden.jpg

creepytown.jpg

angelictemplarintown.jpg

chronbubble2.jpg

Urgent Item and leveling bugs that were discovered by Spoontoobig and xzero were fixed. Additionally, the default camera changed by 5 degrees, and the distance of the camera increased to allow players to click behind their hero, and avoid possible frusteration.

System Programmer:
Topdog-160 (Mikey Fricano)
Game Design:
Object Data Design:
Web Page Designer:
Main Beta Testers:
xEpicX, Nickachu94, xxkillaxx, Ice_Templar
New Beta Testers:
manzman, eMi.envy, xzero

Model Artists:
General Frank
Sunchips
UsedWell
Kitabake
Elenai
HappyTauren
Forgotten_Warlord
Champara Bros
perfjert
chilla_killa
N00byStance
Tranquil
alfredx_sotn
shamanyouranu
JetFangInferno
Fan
.KC
Ket
Hamsta
levigeorge1617
Primary Model Artists:
xXm0RpH3usXx
TheCaveman

Texture Artists:
Anachron
Blizzard Entertainment
67chrome
KelThuzad
CRAZYRUSSIAN
NFWar
Kimberly
SkriK
Akolyt0r
-BerZeKeR-
bAsToIsE
Hellx-Magnus
Used Systems:
GUI Knockback System [Paladon] v.1.60
The_Flood's CameraSystem V2d
D4RK_G4ND4LF Repelling Bubble

I require replacement models for The Chronomancer, Holy Magister, and the Angelic Templar. If you are interested in aiding then project this please send me a message and we can discuss the model planning.

I also require a texture artist to create a skin for this model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/gith-170556/?prev=search%3Dgith%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 . This is a possible candidate to replace the "Angelic Templar." I am searching for an artist who can give this model the appearance of a "Holy Warrior."

I am in need of more active private BETA testers.

Essentially, all players that are testing this game now are BETA testers and I appreciate everyone's help in playing the Dusk of Demise to further its progress. However, I also require more "private" BETA testers which can directly report to me.

To earn private BETA tester status becomes more difficult as this games draws closer towards completion. However, in the process of adding new content there will always be bugs. Currently, this game is only 70% complete, with a treasure of bugs in either the most noticable or unoticable places.
If you find these "treasures," then judging by the severity of these bugs, or the quantity of reported bugs, then you may earn "BETA" tester status and be credited under my "new BETA testers" category.

Keywords:
rpg, orpg, dusk, dusk of demise, demise, death, undead, zombie, survival, awesome, cool, best
Contents

DoD 1.00523 BETA Protect (Map)

Reviews
11:38, 18th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Changes made, Approved

M

11:38, 18th Jun 2010
ap0calypse: Changes made, Approved

Level 3
You know this is good map! 5/5 I like it! Best ORPG I ever played! And +Rep :))

But please disable that anoying following camera! Or make the option to change it.

Last edited:
Level 13
I crash a lot in this game 1st one was when I enter a certain room and 2nd when I saw zombies and till these get fixed I won't play it and I will vote for no approve.

EDIT:I noticed that staying in 3rd person view or whatever causes it so I am trying not to stay in that but for now the game is good lacking certain things but good.

Last edited:
Level 7
HOLY...i haven't seen such an epic RPG in ages!!! 5/5 and keep up the good work!
Can you make an custom damage system,like numbers sorta pop out from above the creeps had when they get hit?And the default camera is a bit hard to control...sometimes i find myself running in circles while using it

Last edited:
DoD 1.00460 BETA PROTECT
Created by Unknown ; Uploaded by: topdog-160

Wtf with Unknown?

Also description isn't good:
Screenshots shoud be put into hidden tag (Not map logo just screenshots)
Credits and stuff should be added in list and hidden tag also to save place!
Use boxes, hidden tags, colors, create (or ask someone to do that for ya) and add video also :thumbs_up:

http://www.wix.com/topdog160/the-dusk-of-demise-orpg should be added as link not simple text!

Level 5
4/5 atm because you can't unlock the camera completely and its too hard to play like that for me =/.

The map doesn't show up in my folder unless i remove the BETA PROJECT part of the name.
edit: creating a folder named ! worked, thanks.

MAKE A WAY TO SKIP CINEMATICS D:

• Add a backpack that can grab potions, beer, food etc, and higher level items so u can use them when u reach that level or sell other classes items that u dont have in your group.

• Staff of concentration says offhand when its not in ur characters offhand attachment slot I don't think it was meant to be a offhand as it is a staff.

• Mask of belevolence isn't equipable by the angelic templar even tho it says it is.

• Crude hand axe gives 32 damage not 33.

• Charm of Diversity says level 5 but you can use it at lower levels.

• For some odd reason arena stopped working after I died.

• Climb-able stairs in buildings if you haven't already because some stairs didn't work when I tried.

Last edited:
Level 1
Even with the lacking description and over-all poor presentation, when I saw the trailer for this on YouTube I -jizzed in my pants-...twice...
Waiting for updates, but with or without them, I can still say : This has got to be one of the most brilliant OPRGs that W3 can provide. Probably with as much potential as T.K.O.K. or Gaia's Retaliation.

- Rating : 5/5
- Voting for : Approved!

Last edited:
Level 6
xzero trying making a folder named ! then put all your maps in there, might help you out a lot.
Back on topic, lovely terrain but the camera ruins it.
I suggest a arrow key movement system or keys/hot-keys movement system while the other stays as camera so no mouse would be required, that would make a lot of people happier I would think since it improves movement and has less delay too.

Level 3
NICE GAME!
But the loads dont work on me....
I played the Chronomage 3 times to lvl 6 saved, load didnt worked.... pls fix oder tell me how to load ^^

Level 2
From the screenshots provided and the brief description of the game, id say this is pretty neato game, But then i watched the trailer, and im sorry i ever said 'NEATO'

This game looks preeeetty, damn AWESOME, cant wait to play when 100% complete!!

Testing ^^ :thumbs_up:

Level 10
Weird I don't get any lag in the city with the camera, my comp is high end although.

My computer isn't bad too 1GB 9500 Geforce GT videocard, 3GB of Ram, but when I get to city fps goes from 80 to 10-20... Then it fuckin lag... :<

''leveling bugs that were discovered by xzero''... not fair! I founded them! :D lol..

Edit: Sorry for double post..

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
• Allow only one load per game so people can't dupe items and disallow resource trading so people can't trade lumber.

• Shoulder items look sort of dumb overlapping chest items that already have shoulders which most if not all of them do.

• Why does Thorgun Dane the militia peasant in the main town stalaran sell Gauntlets of Strength thats a normal wc3 item with 1 str.

• Maul of Tyranny looks like a staff when on the floor <.<.

• When I did the captains quest in stalaran he gave me a health stone and it said You are too low level to use that or something but it still let me keep the health stone, was he really suppose to give you a normal wc3 health stone?

• Arena for some reason when I was low level didn't work after doing it once you couldn't talk to the arena master but at higher levels I could I need to test this more.

• Better hotkeys for spells like qwert or zxcv helps healers and what not.

• Sometimes monsters seem to follow me everywhere and I can plvl off of them by bringing them to town so they die by guards don't know what causes it though sadly =.=.

• Sword of Frost doesn't slow.

• Runic War Axe of Venom doesn't slow when it says it does.

• The freelancer always has 1 int so you gotta get int or mana gear and the high level freelancer gear doesn't give any of that so my level 60 freelancer ( probably no one got level 60 for real yet without doing the exploit in the older version I did it for only my freelancer so I could test better ) cant use any skills so give the freelancer int when he levels or make more of his gear give int, mana or plus to all stats. I also hit slow because it stops at 30 agi instead of 89 agi like the level 60 freelancer in the choose your hero area has I thought the freelancer was gonna have a lot of agi when I picked him =/.

• Aegis of Stalaran looks way better then Forte Guild's shield which is a normal warcraft 3 footman's shield ( looks like crap ), I think you should give Forte Guild's shield the Aegis of Stalaran look as it looks very nice with the Forte Guild gear.

• The arena sword has a 5 mana ability thingy you can't use <<.

• A way to hide shoulders or head item maybe?

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

He's still looking for models, as stated on the first post. This looks visually promising, however there are still quite some in-game issues.

Level 3
Bugs and recommendations:
- When you kill 3 allied guards you get 60(OMG MAX LVL) level. Make NPC's invuruable...
- Last boss the pit lord and the other one is very hard to kill even if we were 5 and tried to kill we all was 60 lvl.
- Camera makes massive lag in city is unplayable... Remove roofs because it's fucking hard to play
- With chronomancer you can blink anywhere
- Don't want to saying anything bad, but now skills are bit boring... :)
- Creeps respawns very fast... When we didn't know that instant 60 lvl bug it was very hard to play.
- Items are bit expensive from the shop, you should make that when monster is killed everyone would get a gold... And simple monsters don't drop any items just bosses... that really sucks for me ;)

- Thouse monsters in +40 territory gives +1 lvl... that's not good you should make or look for experience system

Only good thing of this rpg now is terrain it looks really nice for me the houses are made very well. :)

Now I would vote 2/5 only for those freakin bugs ;).

Good Luck :) Hope I helped you ;).

P.S.

Sorry for my english... :)

~Spoontoobig
I'd like to say first off the Chronomancer can't blink anywhere I've already tested that 2nd camera doesn't create massive lag if you're having lag issues might need to take a look at upgrading you'r PC 3rd normal monsters do drop items but they're rare sometimes and you get gold every time you kill something, that being said you may want to observe every aspect before reviewing it helps the maker.

Anyways I'll give this map a 5/5 for the time being Terrain is great, Spells are great, Models love them, Monsters and Bosses are hard giving the map a great challenge and massive fun ^^, To be honest only thing I think you can improve on is adding more hero choices and more bosses and monsters and areas and a higher level with more spells, but overall a very well made map good job!

Level 10
I'd like to say first off the Chronomancer can't blink anywhere I've already tested that 2nd camera doesn't create massive lag if you're having lag issues might need to take a look at upgrading you'r PC 3rd normal monsters do drop items but they're rare sometimes and you get gold every time you kill something, that being said you may want to observe every aspect before reviewing it helps the maker.

Anyways I'll give this map a 5/5 for the time being Terrain is great, Spells are great, Models love them, Monsters and Bosses are hard giving the map a great challenge and massive fun ^^, To be honest only thing I think you can improve on is adding more hero choices and more bosses and monsters and areas and a higher level with more spells, but overall a very well made map good job!

Yes he can. About camera... It makes lag when fps goes from 80 to 10-20...... My computer isn't bad 1GB 9500 Geforce GT videocard, 3GB of Ram, but when I get to house fps goes from 80 to 10-20. I killed over 200 normal monsters and no items didn't droped... Only those bosses.. And also lots of spell are not custom just missles and other things was changed. About gold yes u get gold, but not everyone. I hit last hit and I get gold not the killer... It would be good if there would be gold system read what I write.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/gold-system-154269/ here gold system :) If you need it.

Level 2
Is it possible to turn off the map music with an command?
And is there a command to ping the q position again or to repead the q mission?

As far as i played it seems to be a good rpg, just one problem, wc3 players quit pretty fast :(!

Level 4
A pretty sweet RPG, everything's well-crafted from the classes to the UI to the scenery. Only problem I had was with the *wait for it* camera. Then I realized I could unlock the majority of it and I was happy. Then I got killed by Shadow Trolls because apparently soloing is out of the question...

Level 7
screen shots and vids got me awe struck, downloading your map and will give feed back another day this week ^^
looking foward to the final product :3

Level 9
ok, playing solo atm, white loading screen?
EDIT: ok, The tutorial is way too long, just tell them to check the manual and write everything in there. I spoke to "drunken billy" and then i missclicked him again so i had to watch the cinematic again... But the rpg was great :D just one thing, remove the camera system... its annoying, the camera gets stuck in a tree or in a mountain all the time, or give the players an option to play with the normal wc3 camera, able to move camera without the character. Crashed once when i repicked while trying classes. And, if you repick you keep your gold, the quest is still there... Many bugs with pathing, for example the mountain all the first quests are on, you can walk down the mountain where you shouldn't be able to walk.
Overall: Good orpg, great gameplay and more :D 3/5

Last edited:
Level 7
ok my wee feed back:
great fun over all, i love how the characters get dressed up when they get gear replaced ^^
missions are nice too, though not mentioned at quest log as optional quests.. good thing there is the ping to pin point them.
main con, and pro the same time, amusingly, is the camera system: tad hard to navigate your character with it, but on other hand it makes things more interesting ^^
last con im having, is a possible lag, i guess due the vast amount of data in the map is that the character and the enviroment lags a bit :s

my vote is 4.75- 4.50 after i post this XD

Level 10
Tested...
Rating:99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/1
Comment:Nothing to say but a AWESOME MAP!!!I like it very much!But i dun know why there is many green boxes nearby those seller(so far I'm on that area).

Level 5
ok, playing solo atm, white loading screen?
EDIT: ok, The tutorial is way too long, just tell them to check the manual and write everything in there. I spoke to "drunken billy" and then i missclicked him again so i had to watch the cinematic again... But the rpg was great :D just one thing, remove the camera system... its annoying, the camera gets stuck in a tree or in a mountain all the time, or give the players an option to play with the normal wc3 camera, able to move camera without the character. Crashed once when i repicked while trying classes. And, if you repick you keep your gold, the quest is still there... Many bugs with pathing, for example the mountain all the first quests are on, you can walk down the mountain where you shouldn't be able to walk.
Overall: Good orpg, great gameplay and more :D 3/5

WOW? Seriously? 3/5? WoW, I think this deserves higher than that.
I don't know whats wrong with your computer but no one else has a white loading screen, also, you soloed it, how do you know if other players had a white loading screen? This problem COULD be your computer and not the game itself, which decreditizes your criticism.

Additionally, it is unrepresentative for you to play this ORPG outside of its reccommended settings, which is 4 players plus. This decreditizes your criticism.

I need more feedback and reasons for your rating. I am sure there is a lot more than just the camera system and being able to run down a mountain that you think you are not suppose too. Additonally, when you list your problems with the camera system you have to be specific and not vague. Where specifically was your camera getting stuck?
When you remember what else deducted from your experience while playing this game, update your post and let me know so I have more information to work with so I can further the progress of this BETA.

Last edited:
Level 4
WOW? Seriously? 3/5? WoW, I think this deserves higher than that.
I don't know whats wrong with your computer but no one else has a white loading screen, also, you soloed it, how do you know if other players had a white loading screen? This problem COULD be your computer and not the game itself, which decreditizes your criticism.

Additionally, it is unrepresentative for you to play this ORPG outside of its reccommended settings, which is 4 players plus. This decreditizes your criticism.

I need more feedback and reasons for your rating. I am sure there is a lot more than just the camera system and being able to run down a mountain that you think you are not suppose too. Additonally, when you list your problems with the camera system you have to be specific and not vague. Where specifically was your camera getting stuck?
When you remember what else deducted from your experience while playing this game, update your post and let me know so I have more information to work with so I can further the progress of this BETA.
Just to point it out, I have a white loading screen as well but I have a bad computer. Just figured there wasn't a loading screen, which isn't a big deal to me.

Level 7
Please, dont use vivi's model for the chronomancer, i request you find something else, please, it stains him (as hes already stained) and his lore. being a massive ff fan, who is ironically playing ff9 all the way through for the first time atm, i don't think he suits this game. and anyway, hes too cartoony for it.

Level 5
Why is the Assassins blade offhand better then the colossal hydra's rigid dagger? 50 damage 40 percent attack speed isn't as good as 50 dmg 45 agility, I tested to see if I attacked faster with the agility one and it was about the same or slightly more. The colossal hydra's rigid dagger is a way higher level and epic too it also sells for less then the assassins blade. This weapon needs to be buffed I would suggest upping the weapons damage because it does the same damage as a lower level buyable item or adding agility onto it.

Also maiden of natures tooltip says it has Tranquility instead of enchantment of nature.

Last edited: