• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Timmy and Jake

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: stempel2000
This is a cinematic about two kids called Timmy and Jake.
They were best friends.
One day Jake decided to sleep ovet at Timmys house.
Timmy said: Oh right homie!
When they both falled to sleep something wierd happend.

I hope you enjoy this cinematic.
It is my first good cinematic :)

If you think that I should make a part 2 I can do that.

Keywords:
Timmy and Jake,Cinematic
Contents

Timmy and Jake (Map)

Reviews
14:20, 10th Aug 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected I'm sorry, bl-j2, but creating a good map isn't something you do in 1 day, especially not if you are still learning. Instead of uploading all your maps at the hive, try to create maps to learn from, when...

M

14:20, 10th Aug 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

I'm sorry, bl-j2, but creating a good map isn't something you do in 1 day, especially not if you are still learning.
Instead of uploading all your maps at the hive, try to create maps to learn from, when you've created a lot of maps (not uploaded), you can try to go for the real thing, spend some time on thinking about the general idea and spend a lot of time on the map itself.

Level 5
I'm starting to get annoyed when people are uploading such low quality cinematic maps. Could you please put more effort into your cinematic? Anyways, here is my review.

My Review:
-The story is really random. Timmy and Jake find a footman in a forest and run until they see a house.
- Why is the House small?
- Uses Warcraft Music
- Camera needs improvements..
- Terran was horrible. It only had trees and a house. It did not look realistic.
- No Sound/Special effects
- Very boring.

Voted for rejection.

The quality is good, but its very short, make more parts pls

Vote for approval
Nice, but very short, i want a next part.

Do you not know the difference between a high quality cinematic and a low one?

Level 4
I'm starting to get annoyed when people are uploading such low quality cinematic maps. Could you please put more effort into your cinematic? Anyways, here is my review.

My Review:
-The story is really random. Timmy and Jake find a footman in a forest and run until they see a house.
- Why is the House small?
- Uses Warcraft Music
- Camera needs improvements..
- Terran was horrible. It only had trees and a house. It did not look realistic.
- No Sound/Special effects
- Very boring.

Voted for rejection.

Do you not know the difference between a high quality cinematic and a low one?

Did'nt you here the Ghoul speak when he said Me scary and when he said that thing at the beginning.

Level 4
Review of .LsD

Camera was boring and sad. Didn't move around [-]
No Special Effects and less sounds [-]
Sad Terrain [-]
Story is totally stupid. Had no beginning [-]
Low Quality [-]
It was less than a minute [-]

Suggestion

1) Put some Special Effects and more sounds are needed. The Actions are
  • Actions
  • Special Effect - Create a Special Effect at <Region 001> using <Model>
2) Add some Environment in the doodads and don't put a stack of tress
3) Move the Camera by using the actions. It will make the camera move around
  • Actions
  • Camera - Apply Camera 01 for 0.00 seconds
  • Wait - 2.00 seconds
  • Camera - Apply Camera 02 for 3.00 seconds
4) Keep a fight scene to make it more interesting

Rating

Fix all the points. The Suggestion can help you. Till then my rating is

0.7/5 - REJECTED

Level 9
bl-ja2 im kinda tired of seeing your maps since you dont put that much work into them (though your starting to improve)
but lets check this one out

Review:
Overall: 1/5
Terrain: once again you failed with tile variation.. trees... terrain= 1/5
Triggers: 3/5 they were okay i guess
Story: 1/5 this was complete and utterly boring a monkey might laugh at this when the ghoul says me scary.. but seriously 2 small kids running around saying OMFGBBQ! RUN is extremely boring.. you really need to improve.
Note: THIS ISN'T FUCKING EPICWAR!!!!!! hive is for good quality maps which this clearly isn't.
at the water it goes down and up which it should ofc but where the ghoul goes down it looks "weird" as hell and why place hills at a place you cant see?