• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.31 broke everything!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Nothing works on the new patch! Most custom maps crashes or just don't open like Hell Halt. My friend even has performance issues, FPS dropped drastically for him he can't even play!!!

WHAT THE HELL??!!

Level 2
At first everything looked like in the screenshot and I was shocked.. at least a restart fixed most of it.

Jbta4wO.png

Level 2
At first everything looked like in the screenshot and I was shocked.. at least a restart fixed most of it.

Alright, I'll take the all-clear message back.. now it again looks like this after opening and closing the editor a few times. Very annoying.

Level 7
I fixed all string corrupt problem. All you need to replace your map folder to documents folder>warcraft III>Maps>replace your map to here and open it from there on world editor.

Strings will not corrupt. They transfered map datas to your documents folder. I hope it will help

My map work well.

Well that kind of worked, but not entirely. It's a lot better than before, but some strings are still messed up

Level 6
I just hosted a test game of my map about the Fall of Lordaeron.

It no longers recognize custom war3.mpq terrain art :( Solve it please. It ruins the game, u can walk over mountains and corrupt them.

Also, some triggers are fucked, like removing units from game when they die or tping units from a point to another one (the trigger works and change faction owner, but then doesnt move the unit...). Please solve this stuff, they ruin the game completly. Its unplayable!

Why do u touch stuff that is already working if you are going to screw it? The game was fine U.u

Level 8
Why do u touch stuff that is already working if you are going to screw it? The game was fine U.u
We'll have to adapt, no matter what. And it's just the beginning of all the changes. The wisest way would be keeping 2 versions of one's map: one stable for the "classic" WE version, and experiment on the latest one for Reforged/this current version.

Level 6
We'll have to adapt, no matter what. And it's just the beginning of all the changes. The wisest way would be keeping 2 versions of one's map: one stable for the "classic" WE version, and experiment on the latest one for Reforged/this current version.
The problem is, if i make it work on the stable old version, then i play it on live and is screwed.

I mean, i coded it properly and was working on my WE. Then i was going to host it, and found the w3 update. I updated it and hosted it properly... And found ingame mountains and tp was not working. I was like "wtf with this patch?" XD. So now i opened new editor and here it is, it doesnt recognize terrain changes... I could test what is wrong with the hero tp, but the terrain issue is due to "moving file directories", i cant solve that, they need to tell where to place them now. I mean, they should know where they have set the map to look for them now there is no need of research or adaptation, just say it :(

Unless they fucked it and there is no option to add custom terrain pathability now, in that case we are screwed.

Level 6
The game got reworked, u have to go to ur w3 folder and now there is a new folder inside called "x86_64" with the WE and W3 inside it. But... is broken anyway, so it is useless to know where they moved it xD

Level 8
Since new updates are coming and may make things problematic, they should do a saving system to make sure users won't do this to their map and are able to reset it to the old version, even-though they saved it.

I accidentally saved mine before i noticed the errors. If I had had a reverse option or a way to recall the old version after saving, the problem wouldn't be this great.

I am unaware if such feature is here yet. If it is, please tell me so I can get my map back. ;)

Level 6
I suggest u to do backups or ur map before Changing anything to avoid these problems. But i doubt there is a way to recover an old map.

But i read something about "the we now creates a backup before saving". So maybe, ur old map is in that backup folder... If It exists. Good luck!

Level 8
Has the hotfix come? I just updated today and tried a test. Prepatch made titles and stuff unable to load. After this patch I seem to be able to load them.

Level 3
What the hell happened to patch 1.31? I can't even open my map now. I never opened it (I could never open it, more precisely) on WE 1.31 because every time it loads the triggers, it always crashes and returns the message "This application has encountered a critical error" so definitely it doesn't fall into the string corrupt cases. Wth??! Even my back-up map that I archived 2 weeks ago didn't work either. I was working perfectly fine with patch 1.30 and suddenly everything messed up like this. The worst thing is that I can't even revert it back to the old patch!! When will Blizzard release the hotfix for this bug?!

Status
Not open for further replies.