• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Crashing after a few minutes in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey there.

My map is crashing systematically after ~3min in.

I don't have anything particular hooked to that specific time frame.

I don't think the map was crashing before the latest patch. I reverted to some older previous version and was still crashing.

I can't be sure but I'm almost certain I could play it fine before.

How can I make sure the new patch is the cause of the crash?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

EDIT: I'm using GUI and Custom Script calls such as ifLocalPlayer=TempPlayer.

Level 18
1. yes I'm playing through the test feature
2. no it is not set to LUA (and the dropdown menu to switch is actually grayed out)
3. what is "folder mode"?

Yes I'm willing to share the code if that means helping fixing the matter for everyone.
If it's just to get that specific map fixed, I can do it as well, but it's really not a priority.

Meanwhile, are the maps testable through regular means? (IE launching Warcraft and going into custom game to try it out).

Thanks for your answer already, you removed a weight from my shoulders.

Yes I'm willing to share the code if that means helping fixing the matter for everyone.
If it's just to get that specific map fixed, I can do it as well, but it's really not a priority.

The goal would be to fix it for everybody. The more simple the map that can demonstrate the issue, the better.

If you test your map in-game (not through test map), does it still crash?

Level 18
I'm trying...

It doesn't seem like I'm crashing when playing From Wc3 itself.

I'm relaunching in test mode just to be sure.

Yup, crashed.

I've done the exact same things in both, crashed from test but not from play.

EDIT: On thing that bugs me: when I press "Save" in World Edit, it saves faster than before because it seems to be skipping the "jass" steps that he was doing before the patch (at the end of the "regular" saving steps).
I'm attaching the map to a pastebin which I'll be sharing with @Kam (and you if you want it as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.