• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.1n open BETA release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun, bitches!

PS: Saving deactivated for Beta version.

GENERAL:
- changed the look of the spellcast bar from texttags to an actual interface model
- Fixed a bug with Rejuvenation potions not triggering a cooldown
- Fixed a bug with the Rock Golem and The Protector not using some of their skills
- Fixed a bug that allowed hiring more mercenaries than allowed
- Fixed a bug that sometimes displayed the pet control buttons on new heroes after repicking
- Fixed a bug with Ensnare tooltip displaying the wrong duration
- Fixed a bug that caused the stash to be moved into the arena when agreeing to a team PVP battle
- Added icons to the stat skills
- Fixed a bug that prevented certain attack procs from triggering
- Reduced size of Pack Leader aura sfx
- Fixed tooltips of Frost Cage (the duration was always 20 seconds, not 25 seconds as mentioned in the tooltip)
- Fixed a bug with 'Elemental Magic' Level 2 Talent not having increased duration for Frost Cage
- Fixed a bug that removed attachment models when dropping equipment items from the personal stash
- Fixed a bug that allowed the bag to gain levels by killing player summons
- Fixed 'Pathfinding' Level 2 Talent creating a second ensnare skill
- Doppelgangers now get properly added to the Shades camp group upon creation
- Changed sfx art of Magic Arrow ability
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from attacking freezed allies when wielding procc type weapons
- Fixed a bug with demoralizing shout reducing damage by 15% instead of 10%

GAMEPLAY/BALANCING:
- Added a new world boss encounter at the ogre ruins
- Hero resistances are now capped at 75% - this does not mean that certain units or npcs can not have higher resistances!
- Changed Berserker Valor (4) Talent to double the manapool instead of reducing the spell cost [to avoid issues with mutual exclusive talents]
- Plane Shift now also renders the caster invulnerable for 3 seconds
- Changed the calculation formulaes for almost all secondary stats (check the tooltip for more info)
- Added spell critical damage modifier to INT stat
- Added spell haste modifier to AGI stat
- Removed ArP component from 'wristguards of the grove'
- Reduced level requirement of Shade drops down to level 28
- Ashes to Ashes now deals 75% less damage to mercenaries and minions
- Slightly adjusted levels for ogres and D3-creeps and D3-bosses
- Increased life of Lord Andrazzar
- Reduced time between last wave and Lieutenant spawn

Attachments

• GaiasRetaliation1_1nBETA.w3x
    6.8 MB · Views: 289
Level 6
Now i just tested putting some agility on sorcerer (9 points) but when i do -stats spellhaste is still 0% so is it actually working? and spells dont seem to be casting any faster either so...

Also casting bars also looking great

I need to find the new boss now

Level 6
i see now they are pretty much 2 bosses not just 1 o.o thats awsome...

Okay i tested fighting em with bish (oviously died got stuned and just died) but eh when i died the battle music was still going and when i revived was still going, changing area didnt stoped it either

Level 18
WEIRD BUGS (2):
first bug:
after reseting the fight without killing the lamps they are still there and mage doesn't have to cast them (which obviously is less mana cost for him).
Second bug (important):
i was doing the fight and then randomly the mage starts casting and without completing the cast (he had just started) it mana burned us and killed us i was just starting to destroy the lamps.. this is obviously a bug because then there would be no way to kill the lamps, also is there a way to not get stunned by the boss? because what happens if you get stunned before destroying the lamps.. you would die wouldn't you? i don't think that's intended or is it?

This is a graphical suggestion:

before the stairs start (to the boss) there's a small imported texture which gets cut to the half by the stair you should replace that part of the ground texture for dirt so no one could notice).

Level 6
Okay yea tested it after beastmaster is dead the fight is pretty much over (music of battle stops playing) and the mage orc doesnt loses his invulnerability killed the mana lanterns and still didnt lost it is there something we dont know or is just a bug.

Also yea the mage mana burn is broken after he casted 1st time and he casting it again he gets stucked spaming the manaburn constantly

Level 6
Alright we just killed em just fine no problems
Aparently he only broke bcuz i tryed it on single player but with the right way of doing him he works fine with no trouble

Level 6
Also todez i do think u should check again the spellhaste that agi is suposed to give and the spell critical given by int they both seem to not be giving anything.
Spell haste when u do -stats remains on 0% and spells actually dont cast any faster (i timed em) and the spell crit multiplier doesnt seem to work as well bcuz dmg is still same on my sorcerer

Level 6
Okay yea we waited till they respwn (before we started fighting it was right, there was just 1 mage not 2 but when we started fight a 2nd mage spwned out of nowhere)

Level 13
So mad about non legendary wristguards, so so mad

Edit: The fuck I got a Pheonix, what is this zwieb. If this is the only legendary I WILL cry.

Anyone on bn playing im omw home to work this things drop list out

Last edited:
Now i just tested putting some agility on sorcerer (9 points) but when i do -stats spellhaste is still 0% so is it actually working? and spells dont seem to be casting any faster either so...
Yeah, seems reasonable. I forgot to change the formula for spellhaste in the stat trigger. My bad. But this is why I made a beta, so no worries! ;)
Okay i tested fighting em with bish (oviously died got stuned and just died) but eh when i died the battle music was still going and when i revived was still going, changing area didnt stoped it either
Alright, I'm adding it to my list. The whole music system was changed with 1.1n, so it's only natural there are some bugs.
WEIRD BUGS (2):
first bug:
after reseting the fight without killing the lamps they are still there and mage doesn't have to cast them (which obviously is less mana cost for him).
Doesn't make a difference. He spawns new lamps with every Mana Prism anyway, so there's no disadvantage for players in having the lamps out right from the start.
Second bug (important):
i was doing the fight and then randomly the mage starts casting and without completing the cast (he had just started) it mana burned us and killed us i was just starting to destroy the lamps.. this is obviously a bug because then there would be no way to kill the lamps, also is there a way to not get stunned by the boss? because what happens if you get stunned before destroying the lamps.. you would die wouldn't you? i don't think that's intended or is it?
All I can say is that you probably didn't yet understand the encounter. ;)

before the stairs start (to the boss) there's a small imported texture which gets cut to the half by the stair you should replace that part of the ground texture for dirt so no one could notice).[/QUOTE]

okay... how do you kill it... it just stays invulnerable for me.
Then you used singleplayer cheats. If you try to beat it in the ordinary way, the encounter will work just fine.
Okay yea tested it after beastmaster is dead the fight is pretty much over (music of battle stops playing) and the mage orc doesnt loses his invulnerability killed the mana lanterns and still didnt lost it is there something we dont know or is just a bug.
If the beastmaster is dead before the orc boss, you cheated ("Whosyourdaddy").

Also yea the mage mana burn is broken after he casted 1st time and he casting it again he gets stucked spaming the manaburn constantly
It's working correct, you just didn't analyse the encounter enough yet. All I can say is check out what happens right at the start of the encounter! You can definitely not solo this boss.

what about the new skills?
and they have to be all the time invul?
The invulnerability is an ability of the orc caster, called Nether Shield. And yes, it's intended he remains invulnerable until something special happens...
BUG FOUND!!
in the respawn born 2 sarash and 1 oger... :X
Okay, I'll check the respawn trigger again.
Edit: The fuck I got a Pheonix, what is this zwieb. If this is the only legendary I WILL cry.
Wow, lol, you really got lucky there. Phoenix is 2% drop from one of the boxes.

Level 13
Better be a unique item for this boss zwieb or you'll be getting some cutting. So far so good though, impressive new encounter!

Edit: after a few failed attempts with a heavily intoxicated s0ulseeker, I seemed to get some lag issues that might have been graphical, could have been caused by the Debris spell I'm not too sure.

Last edited:
Level 13
The entire game really, if nobody else has any issues then its just my god awful computer which is fair enough. Don't worry too much about it yet, I'll try reproduce it a couple of times and see if anyone else lags.

Level 3
It's working correct, you just didn't analyse the encounter enough yet. All I can say is check out what happens right at the start of the encounter! You can definitely not solo this boss.

Well, I find that after he succeed casting the "first" mana burn spell (i know its gonna spam it constantly untill we break the lamp), the second time and so on, he don't need to finish the casting to spam the mana burn (spaming mana burn while casting it). I dont know whether this is intended or not.

Well, I find that after he succeed casting the "first" mana burn spell (i know its gonna spam it constantly untill we break the lamp), the second time and so on, he don't need to finish the casting to spam the mana burn (spaming mana burn while casting it). I dont know whether this is intended or not.
It's intended. The AoE lightning of the boss is basicly a party-wipeout type of spell indicating that you did something wrong. You need to find out what he does *before* he starts casting the mass lightning.

Level 10
Edit: after a few failed attempts with a heavily intoxicated s0ulseeker, I seemed to get some lag issues that might have been graphical, could have been caused by the Debris spell I'm not too sure.

The biggest of hangovers...50 cent beers with dollar shots at the bowling ally monday nights always does me wrong on tuesday :[

Level 3
WEIRD BUGS (2):
first bug:
Second bug (important):

before the stairs start (to the boss) there's a small imported texture which gets cut to the half by the stair you should replace that part of the ground texture for dirt so no one could notice).

The First,
We met the first BUG too.
We killed them all every time, and there were 2 mages every time.

The Second,
We destoryed all 4 lamps and stop the cast as scheduled.

The Third,
I get invincible due unknown reason.

this is the replay....
View attachment 11nbeta.w3g

The First,
We met the first BUG too.
We killed them all every time, and there were 2 mages every time.

The Second,
We destoryed all 4 lamps and stop the cast as scheduled.

The Third,
I get invincible due unknown reason.

this is the replay....
View attachment 123248
Thanks! Replays help alot, so if you guys think you've encountered a bug, just try to save and attach the replay.

Level 3
Could you plz tell me what's the Base Str/Agi/Int is.
It seems nothing happened to the Spell Haste when I reset the stats and assigned 19 agi & 19 int then.
I wanna make certain how the stats affects.
And I wanna count every thing by myself to finding the best way to assign my stats.

Thanks!

Could you plz tell me what's the Base Str/Agi/Int is.
It seems nothing happened to the Spell Haste when I reset the stats and assigned 19 agi & 19 int then.
I wanna make certain how the stats affects.
And I wanna count every thing by myself to finding the best way to assign my stats.

Thanks!
Spellhaste and spell critical damage are currently not working.

Level 3
Spellhaste and spell critical damage are currently not working.

thanks.

I found - Plane Shift now also renders the caster invulnerable for 3 seconds made us allow to move attack or cast in this 3 seconds.
perhaps there are some contact between my invulnerable and the Plane Shift.

thanks.

I found - Plane Shift now also renders the caster invulnerable for 3 seconds made us allow to move attack or cast in this 3 seconds.
perhaps there are some contact between my invulnerable and the Plane Shift.
Thanks for reporting. Yes that makes sense. I didn't think about that invulnerability probably also removes the stun component from Plane Shift.

I'm sorry but this is gay :/
Ah come on... just use your brain okay? It's not hard to figure out why the boss does that and how to prevent it.

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks for reporting. Yes that makes sense. I didn't think about that invulnerability probably also removes the stun component from Plane Shift.

I think the Plane Shift is power enough in past verson
Or invulnerability 0.2s and stun and invisibility the caster at once just for protecting bishop completely.

Hope to short the cast time of the mass lighting.
Its too long for break 4 lamps.
we also left 1 and break it until the BOSS almost finish the spell in lazy.

Hope to Increased life of D3Bosses(except the Fire Lord) like Lord Andrazzar. It seems too weak under High DPS.

Or add an Hi-Difficult mode to drop red-quality equips. and remove the red equip drops from Lo-Difficult mode.
I think it isn't a good idea to get the Lunar when someone enter D3 first time just cause Lucky enough.

Hope to short the CD Shade summons the shadows or summons all shadows once.
Because when the party member added.
Summon all shadows would take more time and the BOSS would dead more faster under Higher DPS.
Without rage even.

Level 3
It is too difficult for less members to down the shade and too easy for more members to do the same thing.

Hope to short the cast time of the mass lighting.
Its too long for break 4 lamps.
we also left 1 and break it until the BOSS almost finish the spell in lazy.
For the last time: When the boss is casting its mass lightning, then you already failed the encounter.

I mean seriously, do I need to explain the strategy to kill the boss? Like really? Are you guys not able to figure it out on your own? o_O

Hope to Increased life of D3Bosses(except the Fire Lord) like Lord Andrazzar. It seems too weak under High DPS.
I will not base balancing on overgeared groups.
D3 is meant to gear up, not as a gearcheck.

Or add an Hi-Difficult mode to drop red-quality equips. and remove the red equip drops from Lo-Difficult mode.
I think it isn't a good idea to get the Lunar when someone enter D3 first time just cause Lucky enough.
You can not get lunar unless skilled when entering D3 the first time, as you need fire resistance or extreme movement skills in order to beat The Blazing Flame.

Hope to short the CD Shade summons the shadows or summons all shadows once.
Because when the party member added.
Summon all shadows would take more time and the BOSS would dead more faster under Higher DPS.
Without rage even.
Again: I will not base balancing on overgeared groups.

hmm legendary's shouldn't drop from bosses under d3 in my opinion... it takes away the ':O' feel to them loool..
I agree on that and will remove them from the droptable.

-------------

Btw, I couldn't watch the replay that was posted here, because it was using an older version of WC3.

Level 3
For the last time: When the boss is casting its mass lightning, then you already failed the encounter.

I mean seriously, do I need to explain the strategy to kill the boss? Like really? Are you guys not able to figure it out on your own? o_O.

No, you mistook me, I means the cast time of mass lightning should be short.
It made the BOSS absence of mind too long.

You can not get lunar unless skilled when entering D3 the first time, as you need fire resistance or extreme movement skills in order to beat The Blazing Flame.

Lunar is in Lord Andrazzar's drop list not Fire Lord's.

Btw, I couldn't watch the replay that was posted here, because it was using an older version of WC3.

All right we always play the game in version 1.24.4.6387.

Level 10
well this new boss could give more 1 red item (legendary) and 1 other random item (green or blue) in the place of the 2 legendary that will be removed...other thing... zwie try to give this new bosses more hp and resistance this boss is too easy... ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.