• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

【Uther Marshal Paladin Version】

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I think that the marshal is looking better with each new progress shown. And as of deolrins marksman a bit of work on the mesh and a few anim transfers from succubus and the blood mage would probably do it :p

Level 18
I think that the marshal is looking better with each new progress shown. And as of deolrins marksman a bit of work on the mesh and a few anim transfers from succubus and the blood mage would probably do it :p

THANX :ogre_haosis: and deolrins is placed high hopes on that concept .

a few days ago , i checked all the threads started by deolrins . then i see the marksman's resource . but it got deleted . i was so sad . i am sure that it will be a good work when he wanna do it . i love human race with medieval style . i wish everybody which love to do some work like this .

Level 18
I'm still not a fan of the eagle shoulder pad but the rest looks incredible, but yeah, you should try the mortar team beard, the current one looks kinda blurry due to the tinting

i tried with ' the watcher ' texture of ur suggestion . but the wing's feather has no regular pattern . it looks in a muddle . so i gave up that way .

I am sure its go.na be most downloaded model of the month! Incredible work! And awesome use.of.ingame textures, and you know how big fan of this style I am!

thanx buddy ~ actually i'm a lazy man . i had these in-game style ideas come out of my mind for a long time , but i wasn't determined to start it . when i saw ur models few days ago , i was so excited , it rekindles my enthusiasm . so i finally decided to do these works .

Level 18

Attachments

• 20131007231431.jpg
    20131007231431.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 36,772
Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I am jaleous that i suck in creating models in wc3 stile
Much in life comes through practice. Keep practicing and you're bound to get better.

In order to emulate a style, a couple of suggestions might be in order:

1) You'll go a long way, in my opinion, if you stick to in-game textures. Try and find creative combinations of lesser-known textures to Wrap your meshes with. In-Game Textures have the benefit of being made... well, for the game. :p So they are bound to fit in (i.e. try to avoid the campaign glue-screen textures & such)

2) Keep tearing apart in-game models and just study their geometry (the mesh, the way they use vertices & faces & such). It's incredibly simplistic, and very exaggerated. Definitely consider that, then begin to just mess around; start throwing down faces and extruding stuff, and try and make things.

Again, practice makes perfect.

~~~

Sorry for de-railing the thread.

Level 10
the face is footman's .
cause the face shadows are fitable when he wear a helmet .
then i replace the eye's mesh .ur know , the priest and human mage has almost the same UV layout . so i combine these two textures with material , to show that a human eye with blue glow .
of course after then i would add some effect to the eyes .

the beard is made from archmage and human paladin boss 2 . at the first , i wanna use the sorceress or jaina's but both of them are not showing the right color . then i tried the mortar team . the color is good but it has no alpha channel . so finally i used the archmage and teamcolor orange together .
the final version will be the archmage texture with correct color geoset animations .

:grin:
at first i wanna find some golden material textures . but finally i must use this . cause it has a lot of fitable part for this style .

if drawing a texture for him , that would be nicer and closer to the concept , actually i can do this . but i like the in-game style . cause it will be smaller (without textures), easiler to using and closer to the WC3 style .

when u create a map . u can import many in-game style models . for example , here's a screenshot , all of the models are done without custom textures , but this map is still less than 8M .
attachment.php

what is modifer medic and nurse????? (near witchhunter)

Status
Not open for further replies.