• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[HD/Modeling] Paladin rifleman hybrid model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey all
I am working on a custom tech-tree race for reforged, which is themed around Uther. I want his gameplay to be highly inspiried by the classic paladin rifleman composition from melee play, and i figured that Uther would need his own custom rifleman with paladin-like traits.
The unit is called a "musketeer" and it is essentially a regular rifleman, but with increased range and armor. The unit shoots projectiles infused with light, and has an ability that on a low chance is able to blind the enemy being shot at, making the enemy likely to miss its attacks.
The unit as custom lore aswell, since Uther in this map follows an alternate storyline: After the purging of Stratholme, Uther and a big group of the disbanded Silverhand followed Jaina to Kalimdor. Here they assisted Jaina, the horde and the sentinels to defeat the demonic invasion. After this, Uther organized a new Silverhand made up by old paladin veterans and new faithful soldiers. Some of these soldiers were well trained sharpshooters, who learned the ways of the light, and now combines their sharpshooting skills with the power of the light, to be the perfect blend between a paladin and a gunman.
SuperFryCook once made a human musketeer unit, that looks very similar to what i have in mind:
1630167209019.png

The model has clipping problems, and looks more like a generic armored musketeer (Since that is what it is). I would like one that has the same armored human look, but with the addition of more paladin/silverhand like details, similar to the details of these models:
ryT9Fid6CvRgrxNUkjEXqbfFT8GeaVqF5Jp1xbdXud0ESR-um07JoY3bAddcaNByWg6PlWD1rC1hTYRUJ4ifBjCsMcMFOWikoc0tdOHE5yIvfdXIhTKkCwHKZRvBZQ=s0
Wd1N1i4TfrS_ll4_lsp6-1lPvgazZGQJ7H3c7sPShtzvREzJryIZRi6xHsfEpbF8gSZHvBJKXY5RVN_6gBX6C6WjHR4g5qFtGcVQXzTNQ6ZQGge4A8Fcu3QJmYRIMQ=s0

Big kudos to anyone who wants to give this a try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.