• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attaching a texture to a unit when it casts a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hi everybody.

In short words, I want the texture "Textures\Yellow_Star_Dim.blp" to appear in Uther's model when he cast a spell.

Elaborated:
In my map, I changed the model of the paladin here to Uther's model (basically the same, but with golden feature, such as hammer). The normal paladin has the texture:
Textures\Yellow_Star_Dim.blp
Typically, it is a shining light that appears in the hammer in the spell animation, and in channel animation, i.e. when the hero casts or is channeling a spell.

how can I make this light appear when my hero, with Uther's model, casts a spell, or channel spell? only for the period of casting. So, it should keep appearing when channeling spell, and should appear only for short time when casting a spell.

it will be very clear if you just opened worldEditor and checked spell and channel animation, for both Uther and the paladin hero.

Level 19
cannot attach or change textures to specific models.

Makers idea is what you probably should do. Create a model using that texture and show it on the weapon of uther when he casts a spell

Level 19
you were sleeping when you wrote that? :O

anyway, post up a request for a square model with the texture that u selected as the flat

Status
Not open for further replies.