• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Casting Animations & Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
The gist:
Flamestrike. Give it a cast time. The unit uses the channel animation. Then it's cast. Cooldown is set no matter if you finished casting or not.

Any other spell. Give it a cast time. Specify it the same animations. Attempt to cast it? Hero stands still, then channels after the spell finishes casting.

Is there any way around this, or am I going to have to use a loooooot of dummy flame strikes for what I want?

And just incase it's not understood, what I want is the Hero to use his channeling animation while casting the spell.

Appreciated.

1. you can set the animation in object editor :
in abilities "Animation names" write in "channel" (without "") and it will play channel animation until you order a unit to do something else.(<works if unit have channel animation)
2. you can also play animation trough triggers "play unit animation"

And i don't really see your problem here D:
Something with multiple spells at the same time?

Level 12
1. you can set the animation in object editor :
in abilities "Animation names" write in "channel" (without "") and it will play channel animation until you order a unit to do something else.(<works if unit have channel animation)
2. you can also play animation trough triggers "play unit animation"

And i don't really see your problem here D:
Something with multiple spells at the same time?

I wish you could read.

Edit:
If either of you folks read the initial post, you'd understand that with Flame Strike, the casting animations are triggered DURING cast time. And with all other spells, the casting animations are triggered AFTER cast time. I was asking if there were a work-around to get a spell animation to start DURING the cast time without having to use Flame Strike as a dummy ability.

Thanks for the irresponsible negative rep giving. Jesus.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Status
Not open for further replies.