• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

【Uther Marshal Paladin Version】

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
i like this concept of Samwise -Marshal Paladin or Uther Lightbrighter .
129484d1380032946-color-red-b-uther-marshal-paladin-version-b-color-warcraft_samwise062c.jpg

So I decide to make one - with in-game textures .
now here's some WIPs
still working ~
:ogre_haosis:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20130924010757.jpg
    20130924010757.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 519
  • 20130924224807.jpg
    20130924224807.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 427
  • 20130924225706.jpg
    20130924225706.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 388
  • WarCraft_Samwise062c.jpg
    WarCraft_Samwise062c.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 4,048
Last edited:
Level 26
look good so far, but I'd like to suggest some different textures for you that you might want to take into consideration:
1st. right now the colour of thebird head is clashing with the wings. I'd suggest using textures\sentinel for the golden wings. Additionally you could also consider using textures\siegeenginehead for the bird's head
2nd: I think it would be cool if you'd use units\creeps\lordgarithos\lordgarithos or units\creeps\humanbattleship\humanbattleship for the lion head

Level 18
look good so far, but I'd like to suggest some different textures for you that you might want to take into consideration:
1st. right now the colour of thebird head is clashing with the wings. I'd suggest using textures\sentinel for the golden wings. Additionally you could also consider using textures\siegeenginehead for the bird's head
2nd: I think it would be cool if you'd use units\creeps\lordgarithos\lordgarithos or units\creeps\humanbattleship\humanbattleship for the lion head

thanx for ur advice . i will try with ur suggestion .

Level 22
Hi again, will you be adding the golden highlights(I dunno what its called) on the helmet's wings? It looks like a fin without that. Still, it looks great.

Level 16
Well i honestly must say that it is well made but the blood elf coloristic ruins it, no ntah you did something wrong or something i just always disliked the bloodelf models from wc3 that copper- gold just makes my eyes hurt :(

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Wow, this is really quite excellent. I'm impressed; if you can follow Concept Art this well, I oughta get off my duff & draw better. :p If you're interested.

Really love the creative texture choices, and the swooping cloth is fun. I agree, though, on the minor texture clash on the eagle, left pauldron, etc.

Level 18
Oh wow.
I wanted to do that. :p

It's coming along very nicely. I really hope you finish it.
What texture are you using for the face and beard? Is that Human Mage and Elf Villager Woman?

the face is footman's .
cause the face shadows are fitable when he wear a helmet .
then i replace the eye's mesh .ur know , the priest and human mage has almost the same UV layout . so i combine these two textures with material , to show that a human eye with blue glow .
of course after then i would add some effect to the eyes .

the beard is made from archmage and human paladin boss 2 . at the first , i wanna use the sorceress or jaina's but both of them are not showing the right color . then i tried the mortar team . the color is good but it has no alpha channel . so finally i used the archmage and teamcolor orange together .
the final version will be the archmage texture with correct color geoset animations .

Well i honestly must say that it is well made but the blood elf coloristic ruins it, no ntah you did something wrong or something i just always disliked the bloodelf models from wc3 that copper- gold just makes my eyes hurt :(

:grin:
at first i wanna find some golden material textures . but finally i must use this . cause it has a lot of fitable part for this style .

Wow, this is really quite excellent. I'm impressed; if you can follow Concept Art this well, I oughta get off my duff & draw better. :p If you're interested.

Really love the creative texture choices, and the swooping cloth is fun. I agree, though, on the minor texture clash on the eagle, left pauldron, etc.

if drawing a texture for him , that would be nicer and closer to the concept , actually i can do this . but i like the in-game style . cause it will be smaller (without textures), easiler to using and closer to the WC3 style .

when u create a map . u can import many in-game style models . for example , here's a screenshot , all of the models are done without custom textures , but this map is still less than 8M .
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20130925225132.jpg
    20130925225132.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 2,308
Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
paladinjst said:
if drawing a texture for him , that would be nicer and closer to the concept , actually i can do this . but i like the in-game style . cause it will be smaller (without textures), easiler to using and closer to the WC3 style .

when u create a map . u can import many in-game style models . for example , here's a screenshot , all of the models are done without custom textures , but this map is still less than 8M .
Oh believe me, you're preaching to the choir; I am a strong proponent of using in-game textures (even if they clash a bit), for exactly the reasons you described.

By the way, are all of those on THW? I am straining to see if there's any I should request from you... Don't see any Trolls. :p

Level 18
Oh believe me, you're preaching to the choir; I am a strong proponent of using in-game textures (even if they clash a bit), for exactly the reasons you described.

By the way, are all of those on THW? I am straining to see if there's any I should request from you... Don't see any Trolls. :p

there are no trolls and taurens and undeads and ogres ... i put the models in races . i just imported nice in-game style model with group of races . when i started to import the troll race . it was more than 8M . so i stop importing .

most of the models come from the mighty hiveworkshop , some from xgm , wc3c and GA ...and i did many human heroes by myself . such as sir lothar , king varian , tirion fordring and so on . and i also made some WOW style units . less parts of them was edited by me , base on some models to make new style . for example , i edited the knight made by wojia10502 for a in-game texture version . (of course i get his permission) .

i am just modeling warcraft things with interest , creating model for myself and imported my own map then amused myself .:ogre_haosis:

Level 18
Last edited:
Level 18
update ~
the character mesh almost done , maybe i will add a cape for him . and just need to make the hammer and tome . and i like both of the two in the concept . so i will add them more details .
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20130928050033.jpg
    20130928050033.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 896
  • 20130928050144.jpg
    20130928050144.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,152
  • 20130928052007.jpg
    20130928052007.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 935
Level 22
The Hammer texture detail is great. It would be great if you'd add like a crusader skirt, I that would fit the theme.

Level 18
update

attachment.php

done the tome of paladin ... it's close to the concept . now all the meshes are almost done . just need some work for the animations and effects . i think the animation of origin paladin should fit this well . the effects should be attach on the eyes , hammer and book ... and maybe it will show a special effect when he cast a spell .:ogre_haosis:

Attachments

• 20130930231140.jpg
    20130930231140.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 1,051
Level 18
I'm not a fan of that map book with the weird runes. It looks strange and out of place.

Even from a distance? I mean, the regular Paladin has the word "SAM" in big block letters, but it totally doesn't even matter (no one can read it anyway). Just suggests the presence of text, is all.

well , do u have any better suggestion with the UV of book ? i just want to add some details and make it very different from other books .

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I think it should be a two-handed one, like the original Paladin. Would be kinda silly that the epic version of the paladin uses a smaller weapon.
IS IT? Think about it. He's SO epic, he wields a two-handed weapon with merely one hand.. :p

Paladinjst, great work. Lookin' really detailed, epic, and heroic. Still kinda feel like the Blood Elven armor has a bit of an orange-y quality compared to the rest of the "golden" armor, but what can you do? If you can do Humans this well, I'm scared to see what a Troll looks like. :p

Level 22
This model looks very nice, congratulations.

Here are just a few things that could be improved in my opinion:

- Proportion:
I feel there is something wrong with his legs, they're too long and the knee is too high. I suggest moving his boots and feets up until the top of the boots meets the bottom of the knee.
Also enlarging his boots could help balance the body, currently his chest is bulky while his legs are a bit frail.

- Texture:
Compared to the rest, the hammer is too much high res while the eagle wings and the hammer handle are too much low res.

- Cape:
The back being a symmetry of the front is not logical, you should think about the whole cape as a single piece of cloth.

Level 18
I think it should be a two-handed one, like the original Paladin. Would be kinda silly that the epic version of the paladin uses a smaller weapon.

i'll make the head of hammer bigger . :ogre_hurrhurr:

IS IT? Think about it. He's SO epic, he wields a two-handed weapon with merely one hand.. :p

Paladinjst, great work. Lookin' really detailed, epic, and heroic. Still kinda feel like the Blood Elven armor has a bit of an orange-y quality compared to the rest of the "golden" armor, but what can you do? If you can do Humans this well, I'm scared to see what a Troll looks like. :p

actually i dislike the orange-y quality style either . but the blood elf 's texture should quite be useful for the marshal's details ... i can't find a better one to replace it . maybe i should use geoset colors to compare them well . :grin:

and a troll with a marshal armor set ? that should be funny . i guess u like the troll race , right ? haha like me i love the human medieval style . when i started to make wc3 models , i haven't done any other races expect the human . i'm not sure i could make a troll well .

This model looks very nice, congratulations.

Here are just a few things that could be improved in my opinion:

- Proportion:
I feel there is something wrong with his legs, they're too long and the knee is too high. I suggest moving his boots and feets up until the top of the boots meets the bottom of the knee.
Also enlarging his boots could help balance the body, currently his chest is bulky while his legs are a bit frail.

- Texture:
Compared to the rest, the hammer is too much high res while the eagle wings and the hammer handle are too much low res.

- Cape:
The back being a symmetry of the front is not logical, you should think about the whole cape as a single piece of cloth.

ur suggestion is quite helpful for me , i'll change a lot with it , thanx :ogre_haosis:

Level 18
finished ~ the runes of hammer have shining effect . the glow of eyes will be brighter when he's talking . i wanna add a texture animation with hammer . it worked but could not be saved when it reopen with war3 model editor ( i scaled the model to 3 times with map editor, so the effects of eye could not be seen clearly in screenshot )

attachment.php

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_100413_133154_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_100413_133154_04.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 43,163
Level 48
He looks incredible. Great joke.
If I could suggest something, I think the book will look better with pages from Guldan's or the Warlock's book.
Also, the hammer's handle could be shorter and have a different, more high-res texture.
And finally, maybe make him a bit wider? The original paladin is very wide; Your epic paladin looks a bit thinner than that.

Level 18
He looks incredible. Great joke.
If I could suggest something, I think the book will look better with pages from Guldan's or the Warlock's book.
Also, the hammer's handle could be shorter and have a different, more high-res texture.
And finally, maybe make him a bit wider? The original paladin is very wide; Your epic paladin looks a bit thinner than that.

thanx for ur advice ~ this paladin is almost as wide as paladin arthas . the handle of hammer is surely lower quailty than the hammer's head , i just don't have a better idea for it . the pages of book was used by city doodas book . it will be diferent with any other origin paladins .

then i remember that , u had also made a concept by samwise - the human marks man , almost like daelin proudmoore . but the resource got deleted . why don't u remake him ? make him closer to the concept and more details with in-game style .
i'm sure u will hand it as well .
the samwise (sam dider) is the chief art designer of warcraft III . i think there will be more and more models from his arts .

Level 48
the pages of book was used by city doodas book . it will be diferent with any other origin paladins .
Yes, but it will look better with the Orc Warlock or Gul'dan texture because it is more detailed.

The beard texture is to low quality compared to the rest of it, use the mortar team one.
I agree, you really ought to do that, Paladinjst.

then i remember that , u had also made a concept by samwise - the human marks man , almost like daelin proudmoore . but the resource got deleted . why don't u remake him ? make him closer to the concept and more details with in-game style .
It was a joke model for April Fools. :p
If you opened it in-game or in a 3D Viewer, you would see that it is just a 2D sprite.
I don't know if this works, but here's a link to it in the 3D viewer:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/model_viewer/?q=lljj9d

Level 18
Yes, but it will look better with the Orc Warlock or Gul'dan texture because it is more detailed.

I agree, you really ought to do that, Paladinjst.

It was a joke model for April Fools. :p
If you opened it in-game or in a 3D Viewer, you would see that it is just a 2D sprite.
I don't know if this works, but here's a link to it in the 3D viewer:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/model_viewer/?q=lljj9d

i used the warlock book texture for the tome's cover and the pages just says ' Ted ' so i used the city doodas texture for the page .

the marksman was just an april joke ? haha like the war3 panda brewmaster , it also apeared the news in april fool , but it had come true in the later days . so why u can not do the same thing ? i really wish u can do this :grin:

attachment.php

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_100413_215512_05.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_100413_215512_05.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 38,943
Level 18
I meant the "outside" part of the paper, not the inside. Right now it looks monotone and terrible. The Warlock's book is yellow, creased and interesting.

this is the orc warlocks' cover , i just cover the skeleton in the book center .
i like this book cover too . i'm not a english native speaker , so my expression maybe not clearly .
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20131005110859.jpg
    20131005110859.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 463
  • 20131005110906.jpg
    20131005110906.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 456
  • 20131005111002.jpg