• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

♦ Requiem of a Dream ♦

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
♦ Requiem of a Dream ♦ [Last edited - December 25]

ThreadLogoimage_newyearspecial.png

Welcome to RoaD's official thread in HiveWorkshop. RoaD (Requiem of a Dream) is a new type of AoS map. Keep reading for further details.
TODAY: Not much going on today, no changes in the map and just 1 change in the thread; Happy new year logo!

RoaD thread navigation.
• Home
• Change-logs
• Stories
• Features
• Map details
• Media
• Downloads (locked)
• Other (locked)

Links
• The crew sign-up thread

Please note: RoaD is still under construction and so is this thread. If some links are broken or if some details are wrong, please let me know so I can change it. The dates in this thread are by EU time (Year/Month/Day-Hour/Minute/Second).
Return to "Home".

Change-logs.
Current versionLast changes dateTypeChanges
v1.02010-12-20ThreadCreated the thread.
v1.12010-12-20Thread Created the "Map Details" part of the thread. Click here.
v1.22010-12-21ThreadUpdated the "Features - Spells" and the "Features - Heroes", with two new spells and a hero! Click here.
v1.1.122010-12-22MapCreated more of the Outlander's terrain. I will soon make the "Media" section that will contain screenshots! Sorry for being so late with this...
v1.1.132010-12-23MapCreated and almost finished (about 90% completed) the Banking system for the Outlanders!
v1.32010-12-24ThreadI have just created the Media section in the thread! At the moment, there is a few screenshots but more will come! Click here.
v1.42010-12-25ThreadA new spell (The gold is mine!) has been added to the Golddigger in the Spells section.
v1.4Special2010-12-26ThreadHappy new year - Logo updated!
Return to "Home".

Stories
• Chapter one
• Chapter two (locked)
• Chapter three (locked)
Chapter one

Storyline - How it all began.
Once upon a time, the Orcs had made a huge war against the humans. The orcs had camps in more than half the world of Warcraft. The humans however, had become allied with the Undeads, Nightelves and the forest creatures so that the Orcs could be defeated. Both the Humans and the Eleves understod that the Undead would see this as a chance to once and for all, make eternal darkness over the world. But the senitel had no other choice but to hope that they would be strong enough to defeat the Undeads if it was necessarily. In a small human village far from the main cities and Elve camps, the Orcs went to attack. The entire human village was burning and the Orcs built a fortress on the once human village. The humans wanted revenge, but if they would send soldiers to the fortress, they would have less powers to guard the cities. So they had to turn to the Outlanders.

The Outlanders are creatures living in the wilderness forests and undergrounds. They are the centaurs, draenies, golums and all the other feared monsters. These creatures accepted the quest to destroy the fortress since many of the nearby Orcs had burnt down much of the forests and blocked the exits from the underground world.

Now it is all up to you. Will you join The Outlanders and kill the Orcs and they're beasts? Or will you join The Fortress and burn down the Outland woods?

Note: This storyline was made in about 10 minutes, it is far from finished.
Return to "Home".

Features

SystemsSpellsHeroesThe gameMore...

• Team survival - Each team has a "Team Banker". This unit controls the team gold. The team gold, is used to upgrade defense, attacking waves and much more.
  • The team banker - The teams can deposit money into the team bank. This MUST be done if you want to have a chance of winning. This system is designed to improve team-play.
  • ESC menu - Press the ESC key on your keyboard to reveal the system menu. Inside the menu, you can enable/disable many systems and features.
  • 6v6 Team(!!!) - Note: I am still trying to make this work. This system adds two new players to the game (NPC players) witch allows the game to hold 12 users! I am not using Passive and Hostile players, those are required for camp-npc-enemies around the map.

System features will be updated.

Spell (1) name: Gold Drain.
Spell icon:
spell_logo_draingold.png

Spell description: The Golddigger greeds for the target's gold, causing him to drain (x) gold from the target per second. However, he's greed is so strong that he drops (x)HP/sec.
Spell type: Magic.
Damage (to self) type: Pure.

Spell (2) name: Eyes on the Prize.
Spell icon:
spell_logo_eyesontheprize.png

Spell description: The Golddigger sets hes eyes on the prize, allowing him to teleport to the target, silencing and damaging nearby enemy targets.

Spell (3) name: The gold is mine!
Spell icon: -not set yet-
Spell description: The Golddigger never want to lose hes gold! When he uses this spell, all heroes in the target area will gain a debuff. If a hero with the debuff kills Golddigger, the killer wont gain any gold and the Golddigger wont lose any gold. If a ally hero kills a target that has the debuff, the killer gains some extra gold.

Spells features will be updated.

Hero name: Golddigger.
Hero model:
hero_model_golddigger.png

Hero main attribute: Intelligence.

Hero description: From the ancient Outland mountains, comes this rock golem. He was once a simple stone statue, but when the magician Murdon died in the mountains, hes life-force was sent into the statue, giving life to it. The statue had no clue of what powers he had gained, but when he found the magicians corpse and looted he's items, he understood that his mission in life was to be rich. He could not see anything else that gold, all rocks and trees, gold- the statue became the Golddigger.

Movement speed: 290.
Base physical armor: 4.2.
Base magical armor: 4.5.
Base damage: 64.
Base attack speed: 2.3.
Base mana-pool: 120.
Base hit-points: 340.
Base STR: 14 (+1/lvl).
Base INT: 23. (+1.8/lvl).
Base AGI: 15. (+1/lvl).

Heroes features will be updated.
Game features will be updated.Further (other) features will be updated.
Return to "Home".

Map details.
PlayersMapHeroesSpellsSizeDatesCrew

Max players: 12.
Starting gold: 550.
Difficulty: Medium/Hard (this is calculated by the difficulty of systems and spells).

Map size: 180x192.
Playable size: ~140x150.
Sky: Optional.
Fog: Optional.
Creep camps: ~25.

Heroes (ATM): 2.
Max level-cap: 35.
EXP range: 1200.
Drop range: 90.
Respawn time: 5(x50% of level).
Bounty reward for hero kill: 190(+10%x2 of level).
Gold loss at death: 190(+20%x2 of level).

Spells (ATM): 4.
Max spell level: 6.
Max ultimate level: 4.
Spells per hero: 5.
Attribute bonus: Yes.
Spell types: Pure, Magic, Physical, Dark, Fire, Poison, Frost, Time, Arcane.
Armor against spells: Pure (unable to block), Magic (magic armor), Physical (regular armor), Dark (magic armor), Fire (magic armor), Poison (unable to block), Frost (magic armor), Time (unable to block), Arcane (magic).

This may/might not be up-to-date.

Current file size: 244KB/8MB.
Imported files:
Terrain: 1% completed.
Triggers: 8.
Units: 1 placed.

Dates are by YEAR-MONTH-DAY.

Project started: 2010-12-19.
Project deadline: 2011-02-20.
Last changes: 2010-12-25.
Next update: 2010-12-26.

Project leader/founder: -Devinity-
Secondary terrainer: nuuh
Idea-head: Leak-

Do you want to join the RoaD project? Send a PM to me!
Return to "Home".

Media
ScreenshotsDescription
outlanders_ss002.png
This is the Outlanders starting location. And yes I know, flat and really few doodads etcetera. I basically just uploaded this image as a proof that I am working on the map :) As you can see, there are NO IMPORTED DOODADS but I will still try to make it look really good. I will update this terrain shortly!
bank1_outlanders_ss001.png
This is a image of the new Banking System! It allows you to see who used the bank the last time, current gold, the team upgrades of units and building etcetera!
Return to "Home".

Do you like this project?
Use it's logo in your signature!
Copy this into your signature:
(650x130)
HTML:
[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/requiem-dream-185356/#post1792005][IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/XomberZ/Road_signature.png[/IMG][/url]]
(250x50)
HTML:
[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/requiem-dream-185356/#post1792005][IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/XomberZ/Road_signature250x50.png[/IMG][/url]
Please note: The thread is not finished yet.
| Subscribe to Requiem of a Dream! | Contact me! |

Last edited:
Level 4
As it says "Thread under construction", screenies will soon be uploaded under "Media" (witch is currently unlocked). Thanks for the rep, really motivating :D

EDIT: Updated the thread with a Spells section and a Heroes section!
Click here to return to the first post.

Last edited:
Level 4
BUMB - The map progress has been improved by the new Banking System I have made. Check the changelog for a screenshot. Please comment, give feedback, suggestions, ideas, resources and more!

Thank you.

Level 4
why not give that golem a pickaxe attachment ?

Yay somone suggested something ^^
Thanks, darkzxx that was a good idea :) I will do that, since he is a Intelligence type of hero, I will also add some special SFX to the hatchet to make it more "magic" looking.

+rep for your suggestion :)

Level 4
what will happen to the game if the team banker leaves the game?
That is impossible :)
The team banker is owned by player "The Outlanders" or "The Fortress", those are the custom players I have made and they are NPC players (just like neutrals) :)

oh ? you have a map already ? may i see it ?
No I am sorry the map is not ready yet, only some parts of it. It is not playable at this point :(

Level 5
Wow, seems like an elaborate map! I'm already really interested about the systems in this game and the golddigger hero!

Is this project open to suggestions? What other kinds of heroes is fit for this map? Will items be implemented for this map?

Level 4
Thank you Leak- :)

Well of course it's open for suggestions! That's what I need :D Criticism, suggestions, ideas, resources, I need it all!

Other kinds of heroes... Well I will make a REAL tank/support/dps/nuker system for heroes. I will release the map when I have at least 20 heroes with fully working spells.

At the moment, I am still working on the Golddigger, got any ideas for spells?
Next up, will be the "Damned Hag". The Damned Hag will also be an INT hero with Darkness and Arcane spells (a DPS hero).

Well my friend, what is a AOS without items? :)

Level 9
What is the Goldigger's ulti?
if you havent got one

Bankrupt
type:target unit
if the target hp is less than 30% goldigger can bankrupt the player.
make his gold turn to 0
then deal x damage(up to ur game balancing) to the target and will kill the target immidietly if the target's gold is less than gold digger's gold

Level 4
What is the Goldigger's ulti?
if you havent got one

Bankrupt
type:target unit
if the target hp is less than 30% goldigger can bankrupt the player.
make his gold turn to 0
then deal x damage(up to ur game balancing) to the target and will kill the target immidietly if the target's gold is less than gold digger's gold

I don't think that this would be balanced enough to be used in the game.
But thanks for the idea tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.