• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

♦ Raid and Honor ♦

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
RaidandHonor-Logotype2.png

Please support this project by using it's logo as your signature!
Copy this:
  • [url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/raid-honor-178352/][img]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/XomberZ/RaidandHonor-Signature3.png[/img][/url]
Welcome To Raid and Honor!

Current Version (editor version): 1.0.0.15

Changes were made: 2010-09-19
Changes: I have updated the thread with some new features. I have also fixed some bugs in-game and will now continue finishing the first raid level!
Changes were made: 2010-09-15
Changes: I have created the "Hero Selection Island" (check the Screenshots for a image). I am not 100% done with the system for the island but I will be later today!
Changes were made: 2010-09-13
Changes: I have created a new skin for the Evil Witch and created the "Dark Summoning" spell. It works perfectly!
[23:35 GMT+1] - I have now finished the "beginner island". This is where you purchase the basic items for the first raid level.
I have also created a couple of items, a Ship Captain (that counts down how long it is left until the raid begin) and a Shop.

Raid and Honor is a 100% new type of game on Warcraft 3. It is still a work-in-progress and not all the terrain is complete. This thread will be updated atleast once every week with news about the map.

Raid and Honor is a game that gives you and your friends the time of your life on LAN. Make your way through different Raid levels, fighting mobs and slaying bosses. The game has tons of new spells, systems, items and heroes and everything is really balanced! To make it through all the raid levels, you will need a good team and good item setup. I can promise that you wont make it the first, or second, or third time you play, you will need experience. So, Sign-up for BETA testing!

I need 10 The HiveWorkshop users who can join the BETA testing.

To be able to do this, you must be able to see bugs and possible leaks from spells and systems. To join the BETA team, send a PM to me.

I will soon update this topic with screenshots, detailed information and features. Please tell me what you would like to see in this map. Maybe a special hero? Or a item, spell, boss? Do you want to be the one who designs the final boss? Let me know! I am open to all suggestions!

The BETA map will be released to the public at 2011-01-01 as a good start to a new year, but the BETA testing team get the chance to try the game as early as 2010-10-20! There are currently 5 (of 10) open slots to join the BETA team, so hurry upp and join while you can!

Game Size: Medium.
Maximum Players: 10 (all allied).
Game type: Raid (heroes).
Game difficulty: Hard.

Game Description:
Fight your way through different levels of pure hell. Put together a good team if you want to survive! Learn 9 spells on each hero, the maximum hero level cap is 45. Each spell can be upgraded 5 times (reach 5 levels maximum). There are tons of good items, mobs and bosses.
There are also epic systems, systems you have never seen before! And some old-school-must-have systems are also in. Game time to finish all Raid levels is atleast 1 hour.

W.I.P Preview of Raid Level 1

Information: This screenshot is taken at the first Raid level. It's a type of fountain that recovers Hit Points and mana. This is just a example screenshot, to show you the type of terrain I am making.
I will add more doodads don't worry.
rhss__1.png

W.I.P Preview of the "Beginners Island"

Information: This screenshot is taken at the "Beginners Island". This is where you purchase your first basic items etc. The boat is the "portal" to the first raid level where the journey begin!
rhss_2.png

W.I.P Preview of the "Hero Selection Island

Information: So, this is where you select your hero. You change hero by using the "up" - "down" - "right" and "left" arrow keys on your keyboard.
rhss_3.png

Please Note: The features are not 100% done or created, please post your suggestions on how they can be improved! Thank you!

Basic Systems

• Experience System - The experience gained from killing creeps and bosses depends on your hero stats. That is, the hero level, current experience, items, unit kills, boss kills and spells.
• Inventory System - I will import a "more bags" system that allows you to have more items.
• Game Leaks System - This system will check the game for possible leaks and bugs. If the game finds one, it will be fixed. This will make sure you have a 100% leakfree, buggfree and laggfree game (the lagg can also be caused from spamming spells and having a bad Internet connection).
Game Featuers

• Achievements - When killing bosses, monsters, upgrading your items etcetera, you get Achievements. Those Achievements can give you special items and powers.
• Camera - The camera can be changed from Locked - Free Cam and - Keyboard Cam. Locked locks the camera to your hero, free, allows you to pan around a area freely and the keyboard camera allows you to rotate the camera using your keyboard arrows. The Keyboard Cam is really good and I have never seen it used in any other game.
• Bank System - The bank system allows you to bank your items. This is basically used if you want to store some potions or such for later use. Banks are found in every Raid entrance.
• Inventory - There are two inventories, one for potions and other "Use" items and one for your gear.

Soon updated!

Please Note: The heroes are not 100% done or created, please post your suggestions on how they can be improved! Thank you!
Evil Witch

Names: Evil Witch - The Dark Summoner
Description: The Evil Witch, also know as the Dark Summoner is a powerful support hero. She can curse the targets and make them drop damage and attributes. Her spells are epic against the Raid bosses and without her, the game will be hard!
Main Attribute: Intelligence
Hero Type: Support

Spells.
Spell 1) Dark Voodoo.
The Dark Summoner creates a evil Voodoo doll that cast random types of curses on the nearby enemies. The doll's duration and spells depends on the level of the spell.
Ground Target.
Spell 2) Curse.
The Evil Witch curses the target and makes it drop damage over time. Duration and damage drop depends on level of spell.
Single Target.
Spell 3) Weaken.
The Evil Witch weakens the target, making it take more damage from all spells. The duration of the weaken and the damage taken depends on the level of the skill.
Single Target.
Spell 4) Dark Summoning.
The Dark Summoner summons a evil virus inside the target. After (n/a) seconds, the virus will explode and damage the target. The time it takes for the virus to explode, cooldown and damage depends on the level of the spell.
Single Target.
Spell 5) Dawn of Hell.
The Evil Witch creates a AOE (area of effect) of pure darkness from hell, damaging all targets inside the area. The size of the AOE, damage and duration depends on the spell level.
Ground Target.
Spell 6) Cursed Arrow.
(requires the spell "Curse" to use). Whenever Curse is cased, the Evil Witch has a (n/a)% chance to shoot a cursed arrow, increasing the damage drop. The chance of hitting increases for each level.
Passive.
Spell 7) Faceup.
Faceup makes the target attack nearby enemies instead of your allied. The units the target attacks, will also turn be affected. The duration of the Faceup increases by each level. (Cannot be casted on bosses).
Single Target.
Spell 8) Heximum.
The Evil Witch Hexes the target, turning it into a random animal that can't do damage. When the hex buff expires, a massive explosion will be spawned, damaging nearby enemies. The duration of the hex and explosion damage and AOE increases by each level. (Cannot be casted on bosses).
Single Target.
Spell 9 - Ultimate) Combo Sphere.
Combo Sphere is a bubble of pure evil. When the Evil Witch uses the Combo Sphere, all allied units gain more Strength and agility. All enemy units get slower and takes more damage. The duration of the sphere, attribute bonus, slow effect and damage takes depends on the level of the spell.
Ground Target.

Last edited:
Level 6
I'll join the beta. Is this single-player? If it is, then I can really help.

I can do:
Spells (Not too good though)
Terrain
Cinematics
Quests
Doodads

And I can help with the thread presentation.

You have been registered to the BETA team.
- No it's not a singelplayer game by the way. 1 team from 1-10 players.

Sounds awesome.
- Thanks sir :)

Level 6
well what systems you got so far
also im not realy sure what type of map Raid
Well, you and 9 more players first select each hero.
Then, you go on "Raid Levels", 5 different levels with a boss on each level. There are also creeps on every raid level that you must kill before you can fight the boss.

How about a talent point system with a full-screen interface?
That could be cool yeah :)

Level 6
You know how, right?

Also a:
FullScreen Inv
FullScreen Ability System
FullScreen Class Selection System
FullScreen Options Menu
FULLSCREEN EVERYTHING

Wow that will make the size of the map too large and way too laggy...
Good idea else. I am designing another type of "Class" selection already so...
The inventory can't be fullscreen... You will need fast access to your items so using fullscreen will mess it up.
Full screen ability wont work either, the Options menu might be fullscreen, I'll think about it :)

Level 9
Lovely!

I really like the Screenshots! But please update the "Features" as soon as you can.
Maybe add a storyline?
- Why do the heroes need to walk through the raid levels?
Etcetera.

+REP btw

Level 3
Nice, can you please add me as a backup to the beta team? I may or may not be free depending on the dates.

Also maybe you could implement a medal pouch system, i.e. a medal pouch as a default item that is empty at the start. a medal with certain boosts can be added to the pouch everytime a player completes an achievement(e.g. defeating a raid without any deaths among the participating players, or defeating a raid within a certain time limit)

Level 3
I guess that's true. But using a spellbook will take up a spell slot, which reduces the usable spells for each hero.

Level 6
Those are GREAT ides! Thank you very much I will most likely use it in the map!!
Oh by the way, I have been kind of bussy with my new girlfriend so the project has been inactive for a few days now. But, I will work on it 70% of this day so some new screenshots and features will be uploaded later on!

Stay tuned!
Once again, thanks for the cool idea!

Level 3
my pleasure. =). just make sure you complete the map soon. XD.

Edit: On a side note, can i join the beta testing team as a backup?

Last edited:
How about instead of the unit you're controlling having the spellbook, create another hero for the player which stores the extra commands and acts as a backpack.

For example, it could have the Medals, the Options Menu thing, and any extra stuff you want it to have, while having an extra 6 slots for the inventory, since you don't want to use a full screen inventory.

Level 9
I'd Like to join the Beta team too :D This map looks REALLY awesome, maybe a Save/Load system for stats?, so you can see number of wins, kills, deaths etc. I'd like to help with triggers/raid levels too :D.

And about medal pouch, an extra unit which can have other commands and such is a nice idea :D Just use an spellbook with dummy spells in it for the tooltips, and make a disabled spellbook for the hero with the spells in and activate the spells when u get the achievements.

EDIT: Oh, is this project down :( too bad, i really liked the idea...

Level 9
I'd Like to join the Beta team too :D This map looks REALLY awesome, maybe a Save/Load system for stats?, so you can see number of wins, kills, deaths etc. I'd like to help with triggers/raid levels too :D.

And about medal pouch, an extra unit which can have other commands and such is a nice idea :D Just use an spellbook with dummy spells in it for the tooltips, and make a disabled spellbook for the hero with the spells in and activate the spells when u get the achievements.

EDIT: Oh, is this project down :( too bad, i really liked the idea...

Well yes, we have started a new project. MYHummeR is helping me with a ORPG. You can join the crew if you want to (will require a lot of time and skills). It's a huge project and it will include basically the same features as this project + a lot more.

Level 3
Oh my that's such a pity. It looked like such a promising map. Lol. Oh wells.

EDIT: If the project's stopped, why not release an unprotected version of the map? Other people may want to finish it.

Last edited:
Level 9
Oh my that's such a pity. It looked like such a promising map. Lol. Oh wells.

EDIT: If the project's stopped, why not release an unprotected version of the map? Other people may want to finish it.

Well, as I said, we started developing this map into a ORPG which means that we use the same systems and so on, in another map.
If we release this one, people might copy the ORPG and we don't want that to happen.

Level 9
Well yes, we have started a new project. MYHummeR is helping me with a ORPG. You can join the crew if you want to (will require a lot of time and skills). It's a huge project and it will include basically the same features as this project + a lot more.

We'll see, me and a friend are planning to make a map so i don't think i will have time.

Level 3
Well, as I said, we started developing this map into a ORPG which means that we use the same systems and so on, in another map.
If we release this one, people might copy the ORPG and we don't want that to happen.

lol alright then.

Status
Not open for further replies.