• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

• World Domination • [ORPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
WDORPG-LogoChapterOne.png

Welcome to World Domination.
World Domination Newspaper.
Latest update was: 2010-10-04.
Major update, read the changelog.
Subscribe to the World Domination newspaper!

Quick InformationGeneral Map Information
World Domination is a ORPG designed for Warcraft 3 the Frozen Throne. You and your friends are heroes on they're way to a great war, but on the way, the ship crashed on a new island. The new island has monsters and a terrain the heroes has never seen before. Now you and your friends must stay alive, but more important, defeat the greatest boss to gain the island respect and one day, dominate the island and the world.
The fights will be though and hard and some will fall in battle. You get re-spawn lives for completing some quests, slaying bosses and finishing raid levels. Gold is earned from quest, selling items, killing monsters and exploring new worlds. You can get achievements for tons of different things. For example: When you reach 1000 gold, you finish and achievement, when you reach 10.000 gold you finish another. You can also get achievements from quests and killing monsters etcetera. Achievements are required for some quests. This ORPG will feature epic camera moves, awesome spell effects and much more! Stay tuned for the latest news!

Map size: 480x480 (not everything is playable)
Max players: 10
Camera: 4 types, see features
Terrain: Mixed, mostly desert and swamp
Bosses: 6
Monster types: More than 100
Items: More than 200
Heroes: 15 (will increase later on)
Maximum hero level: 40
World Domination features:
A large world
The World Domination ORPG (aka WDORPG) features a large map, 480x480 in size! It has 4 parts of a Island, 4 Raid levels (dungeons) and much more!
Tons of Quests and mini-games
Each Quest will give you a Quest Point, Quest Points are used for being able to start new/better Quests and get achievements.
Epic bosses and creeps
There are 4 Raid levels, featuring 4 Epic bosses! This will encourage a lot of teamwork and a fun time!
Great cameras and cinematic scenes
Each Quest opens a Cinematic Scene, some spells also presents really good camera moves and nice cinematics. There are 4 different type of cameras to chose from:
1) The regular (like you are used to in Warcraft 3).
2) 3rd person (the camera automatically follows the hero with nice and smooth effects).
3) Keyboard Camera (use your keyboard arrows to set the angle, rotation and distance to your hero).
4) Locked Camera (locks the camera to the hero).
Beautiful terrain
I use a bunch of imported models, making the terrain epic and really nice!
Lots of items
There are over 200 items in WDORPG, some of them can be received from Achievements, Quests, Bosses etcetera!
Great spell effects
In the WDORPG, I use good models for spells, the better the spell is, the better effects there are!
15 epic different heroes with great models
Special thanks to a lot of THW modelers for creating some of these amazing Models. Of course there are credits in-game!
+ A lot more!

Name And InformationAvatar And Member Link
HaniBon
Mission: Thread administrator, project leader, map design and some triggers.

Titania
Mission: Not set yet.

medion555
Mission: Terraining the map.

Changelog (Thread)Changelog (Game)
2010-09-25 - Updated with 2 new crew members + added the changelog. 2010-09-25 - Fixed all pre-sets with tiles, models etc. I am now ready to start terraining. Some screenshots will be uploaded shortly!
2010-09-26 - Created a "To-Do" list. 2010-09-26 - Started working on a keyboard camera. Information about this will be added to the features when it's done.
2010-09-27 - Changed the Project Logo and signature + changed the thread "theme" to purple and white. 2010-09-27 - Finished the Keyboard-type camera!
2010-10-04 - Long time no seen! Oh well, here are some updates!
Updated the "To-Do-List".

Updated with more features.
Updated with information of the first hero.
Updated with information of the first quest.
Created a new thread feature, "Quests Data".
Created a new thread feature, "More detailed features list".
2010-10-04 - Finished the first island, created the first hero and created the first Quest (Bandit's Packt).
To-Do-ListDeadline
Create the keyboard camera2010-09-27 (ѵ)
Finish the first part of the island2010-09-27 (ѵ)
Create the first hero, including spells2010-10-03 (ѵ)
Create the basic systems2010-10-05 (ѵ)
Set the sky displays, create fog etcetera2010-10-06 (ѵ)

The To-Do-List will be update with new "To-Do's" when the item listed on top is finished. I have setup a deadline for each "To-Do" item and you will read the news in the changelog when it's done! -
HeroesInformation
AnarchristModel Used: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/anarchist-52772/]LINK
Hero Description: The Anarchrist is a powerful DPS hero (based on Agility). Sent from the future to change the past, he is able to think before he acts, making him sharp in hes mind and a fast thinker. Using hes 2-pieces-sword, he can deal really high damage even when at low level.
Hero Type: DPS (Agility).
Hero Recommendations: Fast/Instant attacks with low Cooldown, high damage weapons and Dodge-type armor.
Quest Data - Quest NameQuest Information
Bandit's Packt (created 2010-10-04)Your mission in this Quest, is to find two bandits located somewhere at the first part of the island. When you find the bandits, they will need some help from you (by killing some simple creeps). The rewards are low, but after all, the quest has no requirements.
This thread is still W.I.P and will soon be updated with the following:Progress
- Screenshots ѵ
- More detailed features list ѵ
- Thread navigation system ѵ
- Crew sign-up form ѵ
- Changelog ѵ
- To-do list ѵ
- YouTube video ѵ
- Heroes, creeps and bosses information ѵ
- Quests data ѵ
- Item list ѵ
- Spell list ѵ
- Credits ѵ
:vw_love: This is a huge project and I can't do it alone. So please, if you have a lot of free time and the right skills, join the project! :vw_love:

WDORPG-CreatebyHaniBon.png

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks mate!
Add my msn: [email protected]

I am currently just setting up the basics in the map, setting tiles, models and such. We will start making the map as soon as that's done :)
I will need some idea too, on heroes and such.

Level 9
Thanks man!

Well, the screenshots are on they're way. I don't want to upload just one, I want to upload atleast 5 screenshots. The screenshots will be on:
The beach - where the ship has crashed.
The island - the first part of the island.
The island - another screenshot of the island.
The Dungeon Raid - a raid dungeon, you must defeat all monsters and bosses to get to the other side of the island.
The other side - the other side of the island.

Level 2
Ok, so bassicly i made this account just for this topic. (You can see that by my 1 post :X) I want to tell you that from everything i read i think that this map series is going to be pretty good. I can offer you some help if you need me offcourse. I can do bassic triggering and i can give hero/item/quest/boss ideas. By bassic triggering i mean i can do - Boss fights(like the ones in wow , at 70% he casts blah blah. You know what i mean), Creep fights, Spells which can do like 2x intelligence or whatever, Some easy systems like getting the same gold when you kill a enemy creep or hero, I can make quests too. If you need my help or something you can PM me.

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

EPIC Project Banner you got there. This is an insanely ambitious project.
Subscribing.
I wish you luck =D

Level 9
Thanks to all your comments!
I have been offline from THW for a while but in the next 1-3 hours a lot of updates will be here! Btw, Bashruk, yes, I would love to have you in the team!

Newspaper Update!

Level 9
I think we will need better triggers then that :/ , make as many system as possible,we will need an anti-hack system like dacia orpg,spell should be as custom as possible,since the normal wc3 spells are boring,original ideas are important

Level 2
Its your guys decision if im in or not. If you want me im in , if you dont im out. Its very easy.

Level 9
Yo Hani I now got jassnewgen so could you send me the map again (I'm on my main com now)
Btw where should i start terraining ?

btw type in this part of the bandit packt quest: the quests<<<( its one quest so it so the s should be removed) ha<<<( a s should be added becouse it's has) no requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.