• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #7 - Small World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
The first picture is a WIP, The second picture is my final.

Attachments

• Small World.jpg
    Small World.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 560
  • Small World 2.jpg
    Small World 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Void smoke some void, he's quite crazy lately, saying nonesense things, dying at the chat, etc. I think yours is very good, and fits the theme. Bad for me, as I'll have to think in something. And fast.

Just one small thing:

I HAZ MORE POSTS THAN LIONESS!!! TAKE THAT!!

Level 19
voids vision of a small world is a stupid city inside a globe :p and no other idea
but to hell with it, i could still make a car out of doodads and get 0 points for theme and still win :D

Level 10
Love that terrain raid1000, cogs seem a bit too spamed - doesnt look like they all do somthing, but who the hell cares.

Megafyr that looks crazy! Also <3 that terrain - that isnt ez to make and the cammera angle is really cool.

I wouldnt judge the theme too harshly in anyones terrain because it would be gay if everyone made a city in a bubble.

Level 10
Yeah and some people say raid1000 terrain doesnt fit the theme and some say Megafyr terrain doesnt either, well they look like they fit the theme to me. Im not gonna be anal about it - thats all im saying.

Level 34
Void, in my opinion Megafyr's terrain fits.

Theme Description said:
Create an image representing a world from the perspective of something much larger, for example a god, a titan, or whatever...
I realize it says perspective, but I still feel you could interpret it the way Megafyr did.

Level 15
@Slaydon:

Your terrain isn't beautiful. First of all, the size. Look at the tiles; you can have exactly no tile variation in the little city, because you have made the city so damn small. For next time, try to make the city at usual size, and then make huge trees instead. Also the background is very meh, you can see the end of the world, no sky, no tile variation and horrible trees.
About the city though, the Archways looks rather randomly placed and there isn't so much to it right now, just 4 doodads being used.

Also the idea ain't perfect, can't see why a city would exist on a flat ground with a peasent next to it ^^

Sorry for hard critics, just keep on working :)

Level 11
What do you mean Megafyrs terrain doesn't fit with theme. First thing that came up to me when hearing Small World was a city being crushed by a giant monster, but then again not very original.

Level 36
What do you mean Megafyrs terrain doesn't fit with theme. First thing that came up to me when hearing Small World was a city being crushed by a giant monster, but then again not very original.

Because it's supposed to be like a smaller world inside a larger world, not just some huge giant monster standing next to a bunch of regular-sized buildings.

I'm honestly starting to think I should just stop hosting themed contests and just let people make whatever the fuck they want, because nobody seems to care about what the theme actually is now...

Level 34
If you feel that way, kick people out when they aren't "on theme". Although I still say he's within the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.