• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Air Strike V 1.13

This spell is completely GUI/MUI.
This is the first time I made a spell for our friendly hive community.
If there are lack of things, please do tell me.
Although its the first time I'm making a spell for the community, please don't go light on me, I want to see how you guys will grade it when you grade others. Thanks.

The stealth bomber model is from Afrontight_76.
The artillery strike model is from WILLTHEMIGHTY.
The ground explosion model is from WILLTHEMIGHTY.

The map should guide even beginners.

Version 1.01 - I added the "Destroy last created special effect"
( I forgotten, lucky it haven't been an hour yet )

Version 1.02 - Removed all leak points/locations.

Version 1.03 - Added a less lag version ( Disable the first one and enable this 1 if you want it to be less laggy. )
Also, I changed the version number when you are inside wc3.

Version 1.04 - Removed all leak points... (hopefully.. lol...)

Special thanks to TRD for helping me find all the leakages and teaching me what to do.

Version 1.05 - Removed some Major bugs. -.- Should have tested it. -.-. Sorry hivers.

Version 1.06 - Removed all leak points.... ~_~

Version 1.07 - lolwut... My bad.. I set the variables wrongly.. lol..

Version 1.08 - If this version still have bugs, I am so going to destroy my computer. I reduced the lag.

Version 1.09 - Reduce lag.

Version 1.10 - Set the Less lag version as the primary. Reduced file-size, improved tool tip.

Version 1.11 - Turn off create bomb etc triggers, this should greatly reduce lag. Added destroy tree effect.

Version 1.12 - I added artillery strike, also I increased the movement speed of the stealth bomber.

Version 1.13 - Bug Fix

Keywords:
Air Strike, bomb.
Contents

Air Strike 1.13 (Map)

Reviews
09:59, 19th Nov 2010 The_Reborn_Devil: The triggering looks good now and it's MUI. Status: Approved Rating: Useful

M

09:59, 19th Nov 2010
The_Reborn_Devil:

The triggering looks good now and it's MUI.

Rating: Useful

Level 13
u should use every 0.9 second,it make lag if every 0.1 second,it keep create bomb 0.0
my warcraft 3 hang in using spell 3rd 0.0

EDIT:It will damage self also!!!
1 More EDIT:Your trigger many leaks,use
  • Custom script - set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true)
Or
  • Custom script - Call DestroyGroup(udg_XXXXXXXX)
I not sure 0.0

Level 12
It make lag when i casting 0.0,
After casting,it still lag 0.0

Fixed.

u should use every 0.9 second,it make lag if every 0.1 second,it keep create bomb 0.0
my warcraft 3 hang in using spell 3rd 0.0

EDIT:It will damage self also!!!
1 More EDIT:Your trigger many leaks,use
  • Custom script - Call destroygroup(udg_XXXXXX)

Uh wait. Destroy group for? I need it for other players as well :O. Damage self? Bombs in real life damage friendly, you can adjust that as I said in the read here trigger comment.

Edit:Once i destroy the group, the units won't move at all.

Last edited:
Level 12
Leaks= Very few Good job but theres 1 prob, theres so many bombs/explosions that it lags like hell. 3/5 till changed. Fast work to get rid of leaks, though it will be rejected.

I already written in down on the Read here trigger comment, saying that you can reduce the lagg by changing the spawn interval.

- I will add another spawn version ( lesser lag ). Just in case some of them are bad in English ( foreigners ) ( I'm not saying foreigners speak lousy English. )

EDIT: Its also for some people who are lazy.. ( Like me :) )

Last edited:
Level 37
All your looping triggers should be turned off when there are not units to pick. Turn them on if they are off and you add units to the groups.

• Set bomb_creation_point_2[1] = (bomb_creation_point[1] offset by 0.00 towards ((Facing of (Picked unit)) + 90.00) degrees)
Remove this line since it's useless and create the bomb at Set bomb_creation_point[1]. Don't use an array thoug, more about that next:

You are using 5 point type variables and two point type arrays, when yo only need to use two non-array point variables. Arrays take up more memory, get rid of them, you don't need them.

You are setting
  • point = (Position of (Picked unit))
three times in "Create Bomb" trigger. You only need to set it once.

You're using Facing of (picked unit) many times. Save it to a variable, and use the variable.

There's way too much effect spam. I don't think you should create effects every 0.10 seconds.

The tooltip is too simple.

The casting unit doesn't get credit from the kill, also doesn't get exp.

You could make it a hero ability or hero ability version and make it support levels.

Make the spell easily configurable.

Level 12
All your looping triggers should be turned off when there are not units to pick. Turn them on if they are off and you add units to the groups.

• Set bomb_creation_point_2[1] = (bomb_creation_point[1] offset by 0.00 towards ((Facing of (Picked unit)) + 90.00) degrees)
Remove this line since it's useless and create the bomb at Set bomb_creation_point[1]. Don't use an array thoug, more about that next:

You are using 5 point type variables and two point type arrays, when yo only need to use two non-array point variables. Arrays take up more memory, get rid of them, you don't need them.

You are setting
  • point = (Position of (Picked unit))
three times in "Create Bomb" trigger. You only need to set it once.

You're using Facing of (picked unit) many times. Save it to a variable, and use the variable.

There's way too much effect spam. I don't think you should create effects every 0.10 seconds.

The tooltip is too simple.

The casting unit doesn't get credit from the kill, also doesn't get exp.

You could make it a hero ability or hero ability version and make it support levels.

Make the spell easily configurable.

lolwut? The casting unit doesn't get credit from the kill, also doesn't get exp??
lol, the bomb get the credits but there is still the exp.
lolwut?
This was what TRD told me to do? He told me to store it and Call RemoveLocation(udg_bomb_creation_point_2[1,2,3]

Edit: lol. I'm gonna change it... But I already said theres a less lag version?

Last edited:
Level 37
lolwut? The casting unit doesn't get credit from the kill, also doesn't get exp??
lol, the bomb get the credits but there is still the exp.

I added a hero to the map and gave him the ability. I added some enemy units there are killed them with the spell. No exp.

Here's the trigger fixed:

• Create bomb less lag version
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.90 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in stealthed_Bomber and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set bomb_creation_point = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Bomb for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at bomb_creation_point facing (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees
          • -------- Create the bomb. --------
          • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Bomb
          • -------- Add it to the Bomb unit group. --------
          • Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
          • -------- I'm not sure if I need to do this... --------
          • Set bomb_creation_point_2 = (bomb_creation_point offset by 150.00 towards ((Facing of (Picked unit)) + 90.00) degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Bomb for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at bomb_creation_point_2 facing (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_bomb_creation_point_2)
          • -------- I made it 3 bombs. --------
          • Set bomb_creation_point_2 = (bomb_creation_point offset by -150.00 towards ((Facing of (Picked unit)) + 90.00) degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Bomb for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at bomb_creation_point_2 facing (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_bomb_creation_point)

Make it initially off and turn on/off when needed.

Level 23
- The Stealth Bomber DIES and makes the gyrocopter death sound
- If you cast it at the border of the map the bomber flys all the way down/or up insanly fast
- Doesnt destroy trees
- pretty slow and unstealth, i would rather make the bomber fly a fast curve, appearing from above, carpet bomb a set AoE location and then disappear in the sky again(fast! but maybe channel time e.g.)

Otherwise its okay and doesnt lag for me.

Level 12
I added a hero to the map and gave him the ability. I added some enemy units there are killed them with the spell. No exp.

Here's the trigger fixed:

• Create bomb less lag version
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.90 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in stealthed_Bomber and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set bomb_creation_point = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Bomb for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at bomb_creation_point facing (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees
          • -------- Create the bomb. --------
          • -------- Add it to the Bomb unit group. --------
          • -------- I'm not sure if I need to do this... --------
          • Set bomb_creation_point_2 = (bomb_creation_point offset by 150.00 towards ((Facing of (Picked unit)) + 90.00) degrees)
          • -------- I made it 3 bombs. --------
          • Set bomb_creation_point_2 = (bomb_creation_point offset by -150.00 towards ((Facing of (Picked unit)) + 90.00) degrees)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_bomb_creation_point)

Make it initially off and turn on/off when needed.

thnkx. Version 1.11 is gonna come out....

Edit: Frotty, stealth bombers don't move faster than any crappy plane fighters... It is called stealth bomber because radar can't detect it as it gives off low heat. Thats why stealth bomber are painted black, so it can quickly turn itself into the surrounding temperature. Version 1.11 will fix the death sound.

Level 7
I haven't checked the spell but are you sure you removed all the dummy units you've used? If you just simply kill them it'll lag alot.