• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #2 - Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Yeah, that's really the only thing I don't like about it either. And Idk what else would work well for snow...

Use a few really big Northrend Snowy Rocks. They are wonderful =)

Here is my final submission:

Note: In the map, you should use CAMERA 3 when viewing and make sure terrain distance is maxed out completely.

Attachments

• TerrrainContestII - Void.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 90
  • omgwtflawlbbqcake.png
    omgwtflawlbbqcake.png
    2 MB · Views: 2,240
Last edited:
Level 7
This took about 6-8 hours total. I really don't feel like editing this terrain more, and I'm not in this to win, so without further ado...

A peaceful morning in the mountains.

Attachments

• MountainsFINAL4.jpg
    MountainsFINAL4.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 765
  • Mountains.w3x
    4.1 MB · Views: 105
Level 7
Ah, who am I kidding, I am in this to win, but it's not my priority! (That priority would be to make a terrain because I like it. I can't not make terrains.)

Thanks, frostwhisper.

Level 19
I was fishing on a lake yesterday and I figured out the lighting on the water on my final ''final submission'' wasn't realistic at all.. I have now corrected the lighting on my screen shot and added a man in a rowboat and a town.

this will be my final unless I get to change it, but I doubt I will.:grin:

Attachments

• 2Ultimate Terraining Map7.w3x
    4.8 MB · Views: 85
  • screen shot 1.jpg
    screen shot 1.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 743
Level 34
NearbyHermit, you can just submit the picture. I'll let you get away with it. I trust you.

Some really nice stuff coming out of this contest.

Level 5
I've had a lot of trouble coming up with anything for this contest, but this is wip of what I'll likely be submitting. Unless I actually come up with something in the next day or two.

Attachments

• pegme.jpg
    pegme.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
Status
Not open for further replies.