• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Texturing Competition #7 - Holy/Angelic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Most Recent WIP. Thoughts?

Portrait and unwrap added.

Attachments

• HeroLichHolyPre.png
    HeroLichHolyPre.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 220
  • The Judge Portrait.jpg
    The Judge Portrait.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 187
  • The Judge Unwrap.png
    The Judge Unwrap.png
    133 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Level 17
I just noticed, but why you have that strange alpha work on the lower jaw?
I'd say just connect it all

I was thinking it might be cool to have the mouth have 3 sections on the bottom. The alternative was to just shade between them for the sections. I thought maybe the alphaing would look better.

I still want it sectional, but if you think shading would look better than actually separating the pieces maybe ill try it.

Level 9
here is warped, as u see uper jaw is more problematic then down one.
warpwip.jpg

uh and yea eyes are kinda miss places i will move it.

edit:damn i've just noticed that i made warp with an older progress version, but face is same anyway.

here is warped, as u see uper jaw is more problematic then down one.
warpwip.jpg

uh and yea eyes are kinda miss places i will move it.

edit:damn i've just noticed that i made warp with an older progress version, but face is same anyway.

He looks like a clown! Do as I said in my previous post Right now there is too much contrast in the face.

Level 14
They are graded on many different things. Quality, blizziness, theme, etc. As long as they made an attempt to fit the theme and it comes somewhat close then I see no reason to disqualify them. They would likely get 1 out of 5 for theme or something but then again some people have really crappy quality and would get 1 out of 5 for that. It isn't like they are outright evil skins. They are just misunderstood ;(

Level 18
Oh for the love of God
Blood Knights are Paladins
I do not care HOW they became Paladins, they are Paladins
Fallen Angels do not have to be evil, they can repent for their sins and become some sort of wanderer of the lands, warning people of their sins and telling them to repent
I do not care what other sources say about fallen angels, thats how its working for this

IF this is brought up again, I might just end this contest
This is ridiculous at this point

Level 35
As the person who suggested the idea for a holy/angelic theme...I say, Blood Knights are allowed.

THE_END

(lol pun)

And with permission obtained from DarkHolme, after being inspired by his awesome lich skin. I too will be skinning a lich. BEHOLD!

The Valar: Manwe:

He looks similar to Darkholme's judge for now, but he will look different as I get to the face and stuff.

Attachments

• Manwe.jpg
    Manwe.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 208
Level 4
There's so many things I could say right now, but I'll just leave it at this:

You
Are
A
Noob

Learn to have a discussion or get of the internet
Learn to host a competition or stop hosting them

Oh, a bonus would be:
Learn to texture
I was gonna say that but i was affraid of people hating me.

Level 17
I already hate you :D, You have more rep than posts...

Holy Crap! I never noticed. He has more rep than me and he just started at the hive like a week ago O.O

And his stuff may not be bad, but I know I have more experience than he does! I demand Rep (I know that's not how you get it) *Jealous*

I think the "evil" skins sould be disqualified for not fitting the theme, but since it's not my contest, I'll just vote against them regardless of how good they are, as they really don't fit the theme in the least. Sorry dudes. - well, unless they are considerably better than the competition...

They ARE good though.

How the hell did Madude get more rep than me! I'm going to look at his resource gallery. Maybe I missed something. Or 5 somethings...

Nope... He Has No Resources...

Level 10
Techno's Skin, Current State

Okay, this is where I have it at the moment. Not many changes from before, but its slightly different. Still have to rework the ears and the bit above the nose on the texture, and do the horn, finish the pants off, the feet, and the blades. Might also redesign the bit covering the hand and the centre of the blade.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• CURWIPTEX.jpg
    CURWIPTEX.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 180
  • CURWIPINGAME.jpg
    CURWIPINGAME.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 203
Level 27
I think we should let the judge decide, and if people don't like it, then they shouldn't vote for it.
While at first I thought that END might have been biased towards AR, he let Inf3rno slide as well. END is just choosing to host the theme really leniently.
As I said before, if you don't like it, then simply don't vote for it.
--donut3.5--

Level 14
Each contestant must create a Holy/Angelic themed skin. Can be a angel, Paladin, or some sort of holy creature.

Technicaly speaking a blood elf paladin should count. I think the theme could have been a bit more defined but still we cant really change the rules now. An angel, paladin or "some sort of holy creature" is a rather broad spectrum. Never says in the rules that the paladin or angel or whatever couldnt be corrupted. Just not outright evil. Bloodelf paladins are corrupt no doubt about it but they aren't pure evil (demonic).

I think we should just learn from the mistakes of this contest. Next one we could elaborate a bit more on the theme so as not to provoke a debate in the middle of the contest.

Sigh, Do you know what this means? DO YOU?!?! THE_END is going to close the tread... GG

Oh for the love of God
Blood Knights are Paladins
I do not care HOW they became Paladins, they are Paladins
Fallen Angels do not have to be evil, they can repent for their sins and become some sort of wanderer of the lands, warning people of their sins and telling them to repent
I do not care what other sources say about fallen angels, thats how its working for this

IF this is brought up again, I might just end this contest
This is ridiculous at this point

Level 14
Theres no reason for him to. They are all great skins and have had alot of effort put into them. So there is a little contraversy (spelled wrong I think). So what it isn't that big of a deal. Rules is rules and none of the skinners have broken them. So lets just get some more wips up. I wanna see some skins.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
A.R's texture, although good I feel does not follow the theme, its overall feel and style is demonic and not angelic at all even if it is a paladin. My say in this thing.
Also, from sources I hear the texture of A.Rs is for your I.P team's demonic pack The_End, so I feel you are being rather heavy headed/two faced here.

buh? this is the first i've heard of there even BEING a demonic pack. and if there was one, a blood knight wouldn't fit at all.

as far as i'm concerned, blood knights are paladins and still fit the definition of holy, even if its just in reference to the powers they use. they selflessly defend their people using the power available to them, power they thought had abandoned them, power that has made them outcasts.

however, i appreciate that a lot of people disagree with me on this. so before it goes any further, i'm asking that a decision be made - by public vote or by the moderators - and either disqualify it or let it be judged with the other skins.

now enough arguing, moar skins pls.

Ok... next person to mention that gets thrown off a building, I'm not joking. I will get your IP, come to your home... Stick you in a trash bag and drive to NY. After that I will carry you up to the top of the first skyscraper I see w/o a safety net and I will proceed to throw you off the building. If a cannot find a building of such caliber I will just leave you on the roof of some random building inside of that bag until some homeless person finds you and eats you alive.

Level 26
Finished!

Great thanks to Anemic Royalty and Ezikielth for critiques and advice.

Path is Textures\IronRaven.blp, and overrides both the Warden and Maive textures.

Filesize is a bit big though. Also, the screenshot has horrible quality.

EDIT: Fixed some rather blotchy but mostly unnoticeable bits. Converted to a lower quality skin also

Attachments

• IronRaven.gif
    IronRaven.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 393
  • Valkyrie.jpg
    Valkyrie.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 971
  • Ingame.JPG
    Ingame.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 367
  • IronRaven.blp
    101.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Level 10
Dio, I think you'll find on the portrait that there's a band of brown on his shoulder. You might have noticed that already, but if not, just letting you know, its from the upper part of the original Illidan wing texture, where the arm-thing was, except running up the side. If you look at my WiP you'll hopefully see where I mean. I also notice you found the wing spines :D. Illidan is sneaky. Also, are you going to do anything with the horns, or just leave them as they are?

Level 18
A.R's texture, although good I feel does not follow the theme, its overall feel and style is demonic and not angelic at all even if it is a paladin. My say in this thing.
Also, from sources I hear the texture of A.Rs is for your I.P team's demonic pack The_End, so I feel you are being rather heavy headed/two faced here.

Actually Wulf no, it's not for our new skin pack thank you very much. Blood Knight's are not exactly demonic

And Dio, I solved the problem with his portrait by extending the armor, so his wings are armored a tad, just an idea
And anyways Inf3rno's skin also has been changed from a "fallen angel" to some sort of a mud troll priest he said, anyone who wants to try to say I'm wrong go and review his comments about it.

Guys, seriously, just drop it. I like many have mentioned that the blood knight really doesnt look holy at all, but there is no point in sitting here bitching about it for 3 pages of thread, my goodness. This is supposed to be a contest thread where people can get constructive criticism on their entries, not get bitched off the forums because people dont think their skin EXACTLY fits the theme. Just shutup and work on your own shit people, stop yelling at A.R.

Level 18
As with me Dark
Though I did that the whole weekend..there was a serious lack of me modding this weekend unless it was before I went out:p
Anyways, just so EVERYONE DROPS IT
I talked to Anemic and he is not going to submit the Blood Knight for the contest
He will make another skin..and its a priest
Sorry Anemic, had to announce this, so people stop groaning

Status
Not open for further replies.