• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

when, why and how virus could exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
^The above, pretty much. It has also been used to further political standings. For example, there's a team of hackers in Brazil who are bent on shutting down sites from all world governments. Or they just do it out of fun, because otherwise they'd look pretty stupid, as they recently shut down a Portuguese site which didn't have anything to do with the government and was supported by donations alone.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yes. The site was about everything concerning high school and superior teachings. It had a few forums for basic education too. This may sound a little vague, but the activity of the site was similar to the Hive's. The bottom line is: the site helped people, it didn't deserve to go down even if it belonged to the government. I don't know what their cause is, but if it involves achieving it at any price and at people's expense, I don't even want to hear it, no matter how right it could be.

There are a several reasons. The most people do it for fun. What is so fun about it? They do it to brag about their computer skills. They won't do it for themselfs ofcourse, they write it to impress their friends or to spite someone. More professional programmers write programs (often websites) to get personal info from you. They can fake your identity or hack your bank account!!! Then there is people that 'act' like the bad guy so they can write anti-virus programs. They try to find new strategies to hack into a computer or even gram info in mid air (yes, that is possible) and then they write a program that can trigger those events and reject it.

So... ya, although viruses is a bad thing, no one can stop it from existance. It's like producing guns and hope that no person will get shot somewhere on the planet.

Level 27
I make vi-- oh wait, I can barely code a "Hello World!"... nevermind!

Anyways, are you sure what those Brazil guys did is virus-related stuff? Sounds like just hacking into the site trough exploits or getting the passwords someway and fiddling around, messing up everything.

Also, if you're really interested in learning about stuff like that, please consider checking out for some programmer/hacker communities. Also, from all I heard not all hackers are into malicious activities with a lot being just hobbyists doing this for fun.

Level 16
I know a group called "Anonomous" is or was a hacking group. They hacked government and other organisations databases in order to steal information and share to the public. The idea is to expose their corruption. They would also attack any such organisations that make political moves or change their polices in which the user's rights are being taken away.

In short, they stand for the people. You and me. I remember they claimed (at least wikiapedia says they did) they would hack facebook. We all know why facebook is an abomination to your rights of privacy. However, they either weren't successful or didn't go ahead with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)

This is one reason why people may "hack".

Level 14
I wouldn't say that Anonymous is or ever was a "group", but more like a flag that anyone could operate under. You know, all you have to do is to say "I'm part of Anonymous", and that's it.

I find them quite interesting, and sometimes they do good. The best kind of internet vigilantes.

Roland

R

Roland

ILOVEYOU virus made in Philippines XD...

Actually, I'm a supporter and also a member on 35 Infamous Hacking groups and a Close friend to all the leaders on TeaMP0is0N and Anti-Anon, Well, I've seen them making viruses on some websites and Emails, Some of my friends are Filipinos. I am not a Hacker, But I support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.