• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Scarlet Crusade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
77838d1269271827-scarlet-crusade-banner.gif

Information:

The idea of 'THE SCARLET CRUSADE' is, to make a new, unique rpg, with new design, special quests, and so on. In the moment I'm very busy with other things, but I thougt I post the current progress here, to get ideas and feedback. (I know it isn't really much right now, but don't worry, I will post new things as early as I can!)

Story:

In progress...

Screenshots:

In progress...

Map Progress:

- Terrain: 0%
- Unit Design: 0%
- Story: 1%
- Items: 0%
- Models: 0%

What It's Needed:
- Nothing atm.

(You may leave suggestions, questions, critics.)
(If you want to join/help contact the Project Leader.)

Attachments

• Banner.gif
    Banner.gif
    75.9 KB · Views: 3,647
  • logo1.gif
    logo1.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 41,552
Last edited:
Level 51
It's nice. Maybe I can join you. xD? I'm good terrain-er, medium-triggerer, un-triggered spell maker . . .

Mhm, nice :) I don't have work for you right now, but I'll add you to the team :) In the Easter-Holidays I'll work mainly on this project, and in that time, I'll pm you for more information, (because right now I'm too busy with much model requests, school and so on )

mhm, no but I didn't take the idea from there :) I played WOW a few months ago, and then the idea came in my mind :)

Level 14
Woot? Illidan_Hunter? You lost your project file?
[/offtopic]

Well, the story is good, although it's still WiP, but in the screenshot there's nothing that can be seen...

Level 51
Woot? Illidan_Hunter? You lost your project file?
[/offtopic]

Well, the story is good, although it's still WiP, but in the screenshot there's nothing that can be seen...

ahh, it's just a very basic terrain screeny, that is supposed to show the "style" of the map. thanks for the reply anyway :) any idea how to improve the story?

Level 14
Maybe. I'll see through it.

The story takes place in the time when the Scourge comes over Azeroth. In a little Village near Brill in Tirisfal, the Scourgekills (Scourge kills) the family of a little girl called Leyla. She is alone in the dark, cold woods, until a knight of the new order, called the Scarlet Crusade, that's own aim is, to destroy and clean the lands of Lordearon from the Scourge, founds(found) her. He takes her into the Scarlet Monastery. There she learns to follow the way of the light and to be a knight of the Scarlet Crusade...
She has sworn for vengeance. This little girl, after months of training, has shown her skills and killed countless ghouls of the Scourge. Now, a village built by the Scarlet Crusade, near Brill, is training more and more knights to destroy the scourge once and for all. But, the Scourge attacked once more, and the village was not prepared. Hundreds of Knights died, but Leyla saved all the others. Her powers have grown and she helped the remaining knights to repair the village.
After this attack, the Scarlet Crusade prepares Leyla which had great potential, to finally attack the destroyed Lordaeron and claim it back.

Level 9
Hey I got a lot of free time so here is a re-view:

Information:

The idea of 'THE SCARLET CRUSADE' is, to make a new, unique rpg, with new design, special quests, and so on. In the moment I'm very busy with other things, but I thougt I post the current progress here, to get ideas and feedback. (I know it isn't really much right now, but don't worry, I will post new things as early as I can!)

Story:

The story takes place in the time when the Scourge comes over Azeroth. In a little Village near Brill in Tirisfal, the Scourge kills the family of a little girl called Leyla. She was alone in the dark, cold wood, until a knight of the new order, called the Scarlet Crusade, that's own aim is, to destroy and clean the lands of Lordearon from the Scourge, found her. He took her into the Scarlet Monastery where she learnt how to follow the way of the light and to become a knight of the Scarlet Crusade . . .

PS: The story is only WIP, I don't have time to work on it right now . . .

Ingame Screenshots:

77805d1269197232-scarlet-crusade-scene1.jpg

Map Development:
||||||||||
- Terrain: 10%

- Unit Design: 50%
- Story: 30%
- Items: 2%
- Models: 30%

Project Members:

- Fan [Project Leader]
- Illidan_Hunter [Triggering, Terraining, Testing, Balancing]

What It's Needed:
- Good Skinner (WoW Texture Remake);

(You may leave suggestions, questions, critics.)
(If you want to join/help contact the Project Leader.)

Copy this if you like it:
JASS:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino  Linotype][SIZE=4][B][COLOR=DarkRed]
Information:[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2]
The idea of '[FONT=Georgia]THE SCARLET CRUSADE[/FONT]' is, to make a new, unique rpg, with new design, special quests, and so on. In the moment I'm very busy with other things, but I thougt I post the current progress here, to get ideas and feedback. (I know it isn't really much right now, but don't worry, I will post new things as early as I can!)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2]
[COLOR=DarkRed][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]
[/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4]Story:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2]
The story takes place in the time when the Scourge comes over Azeroth. In a little Village near Brill in Tirisfal, the Scourge kills the family of a little girl called Leyla. She was alone in the dark, cold wood, until a knight of the new order, called the Scarlet Crusade, that's own aim is, to destroy and clean the lands of Lordearon from the Scourge, found her. He took her into the Scarlet Monastery where she learnt how to follow the way of the light and to become a knight of the Scarlet Crusade . . .
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2] 
PS: The story is only WIP, I don't have time to work on it right now . . .[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2]

[SIZE=4][B][COLOR=DarkRed]Ingame Screenshots:[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2]
[hidden=Screenshot 1][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/map-development-202/77805d1269197232-scarlet-crusade-scene1.jpg[/IMG][hidden=If you like it, copy this]
[/hidden]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkRed][B]Map Development:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/hidden][/SIZE][hidden=Screenshot 1][/hidden][/FONT][hidden=Screenshot 1][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2][FONT=Impact][SIZE=4][COLOR=White][B][COLOR=Lime]|[/COLOR]|||||||||[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
- [I][B]Terrain:[/B][/I] [COLOR=YellowGreen][B]10%[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2]
- [I][B]Unit Design:[/B][/I] [COLOR=YellowGreen][B]50%[/B][/COLOR]
- [I][B]Story:[/B][/I] [COLOR=YellowGreen][B]30%[/B][/COLOR]
- [I][B]Items:[/B][/I] [COLOR=YellowGreen][B]2%[/B][/COLOR]
- [B][I]Models:[/I][/B] [COLOR=YellowGreen][B]30%[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkRed][B]
[SIZE=4]Project Members:[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]
- [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Fan[/B][/COLOR] [Project Leader]
- [B][COLOR=Indigo]Illidan_Hunter[/COLOR][/B] [Triggering, Terraining, Testing, Balancing]
[/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2] 
[SIZE=4][B][COLOR=DarkRed]What It's Needed:[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
- Good Skinner (WoW Texture Remake);[/SIZE][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Sienna](You may leave suggestions, questions, critics.)
(If you want to join/help contact the Project Leader.)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [FONT=Fixedsys]
[/FONT]

Edit: Due to some bugs I couldn't do all what I wanted.

Some suggestions: Make a space line between "What It's Needed" and "(You may . . . )"
Write again the story, since I was doing this when you guys were chatting.

Level 14
Hmm.. Gone a bit farther with the story. Maybe it's better like this.

Years passed, and Leyla has grown adult. With her sword always stick to her, and her magics killing any enemy she encounters, she became a very powerful Scarlet Knight.
The desire for vengeance was haunting her. And it made her less powerful, every day.To preserve her power, she was continuously training. But now, the time has come... Only few months remain before the war starts. Reclaiming Lordaeron was the dream of all Scarlet Knights but her.
Train, Fight, Grow, and then reclaim Lordaeron...
Scarlet RPG

Level 51
very, nice thanks, to you both! :D will update it in a minute!
EDiTorZ: made a new lookover, and I fixed some things in the "progress".
- Terrain: 5%
- Unit Design: 30%
- Story: 40%
- Items: 1%
- Models: 3%

Since, there is a new terrainer in the team (Illidan_hunter :)), I deleted most of all the terrain, (there wasn't much reallly ether), and in the model things I had a typo... (instead of 3 % ---> 30% >.<) I also looked over it and corrected the Unit Design (I will work on this mostly this afternoon). I added 10 % to the story, because of the great Herian, how helps greatly with the story :)

Level 9
Hey, there are some fails in the description:
- Instead of "Map Development" there is a "
[ / B ];

Level 51
Hey, there are some fails in the description:
- Instead of "Map Development" there is a "
[ / B ];

yes, I'm currently working on it and testing it, but I can't get some bugs like:

10 minutes ago I noticed "" at the end of "Terrain" and I removed it. But now it is under my story o_O Everytime I delet it it comes somewhere else again D: any idea to fix that?

Level 14
hey
Glad you liked my story idea :D
And um...It is still WiP? o_O

Good luck with your project, mate!

Level 14
OH I see. If you want, tell me the characters that will be involved next, and I shall make a new/update the story for you.

Level 14
Yeah, okay.

EDIT:I'll always post newest story here.
New story!

Characters : leyla ; Scarlet Knights ; Brill Survivor (Tersi) ; Tilar ; Nikla ; Skyla. Nikla is a powerful weapon enchantress. Skyla is a female scarlet knight that scouts the nearby lands.

----------

The story takes place in the time when the Scourge comes over Azeroth.

In a little Village near Brill in Tirisfal, the Scourge kills the family of a little girl called Leyla. She was alone in the dark, cold wood, until a knight of the new order, called the Scarlet Crusade, that's own aim is, to destroy and clean the lands of Lordearon from the Scourge, found her. He took her into the Scarlet Monastery where she learned how to follow the way of the light and to become a knight of the Scarlet Crusade...

The powerful mage, Tersi, her teacher, was in a mission, with Tilar.But even after months, he didn't show up..Both of them did not.
Something happened. Tilar found an artifact in his way, that was dark and strange. He picked it up, curious, and got transformed into...Something.Something really weird. And now, he commands the Scourge. No one knew it.

Years passed, and Leyla has grown adult. With her sword always stick to her, and her magics killing any enemy she encounters, she became a very powerful Scarlet Knight.

After few days, Leyla befriended Nikla and Skyla, two scarlet female members that were really powerful. Nikla was teaching her the art of weapon enchanting, and Skyla was helping her learn more about magic.

Only a month was left before the final assault begins. The assault to reclaim Lordaeron. All Scarlet Knights were prepared. Enchanters and enchantresses were working hard. Scouts were even trying to enter the Blighted, infested Lordaeron.

Nikla enchanted Leyla's sword, named "The White Blight" which meant that even after trying to infest that sword, it would stay white as an angel's wing. It was also named "Angel's Wing" for the same reason. Angel's Wing burned whenever an enemy came in sight, burning just like its owner, Leyla... Burning for vengeance.

When the Scarlet Ranks came near Lordaeron, they met a survivor from Brill. He had blood all over his body, and they recognized him : Tersi the powerful mage. They asked him what happened to such a great figure, and he answered that the Scourge found themselves a new leader... He didn't know him, but the being was stronger than any undead, any demon, any being...

The survivor asked the Scarlet to go back where they were. It was too dangerous near Lordaeron. They did. They left behind them Tersi, that died...

The only hope to reclaim Lordaeron was to train Leyla insanely. If she became enough strong to kill the leader, it would be rather easy for the Knights to reclaim their capital.

Back to her home, Leyla was mad. She couldn't venge her family. So, she trains every day, at the hills near the Scarlet Monastery, with Nikla. Skyla was guarding those two.

After few days, they met Tilar, the new scourge leader.. They, sure, didn't know it was him, until he told them that he was Tilar. Tilar was now only known as the Betrayer, and his face was the most feared in all Azeroth.

The tragic incident - Tersi's death - has been forgotten. But as the Scourge armies grew stronger, they decided to strike the Scarlet Monastery.

It was a purely terrific army. It was the darkest day in all the Scarlet History... Few survived, and decided to run far away, and build a new village.

There was almost no hope..
Survive.. Train, fight, kill. Learn, experience, and master magic. Destroy your opponents, and you shall be safe...Reclaim Lordaeron...

To be continued..
When you play the game.
(hah.)
Scarlet RPG

Hmm, if you want, check my project.. :) The new world.. :)

Last edited:
Level 51
hehe, very nice story :) also I already added you to the team :D
PS: will change the story tomorrow and will add your project to the "adds" =P

@Illidan_Hunter: I'm currently working on a little test map, and when the spell designs are finished and the "basic quest triggers" are finished, I will give you the map, so you can make the terrain, the advanced spell triggers and if you want, play it =P

Level 51
[Update]

Sadly, our terrainer Illidan_Hunter left the team, I needed to make the terrain on my own :(

anyway, I present you here, the first terrain preview screenshots of the little demo :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Altar.jpg
    Altar.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 1,406
  • Flag.jpg
    Flag.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 3,928
  • Hiddenbook.jpg
    Hiddenbook.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 1,388
  • Rocks.jpg
    Rocks.jpg
    657.4 KB · Views: 3,332
Level 51
Hehe, I know, but it isn't supposed to follow the story. The demo map will have it's own story :) Also, the paladin hero, wich you play, you will never see in the actual game. It's just a "placeholder" hero for the demo :)
I know a demo is usually a little part of the actual game (like the first 10 minutes) but this "demo" should just show, how later the whole game will be. I also don't want to tell the beginning of the actual story, to make it more interesting.

tell me your thougts about that :)

Level 23
Dude, of course you know that Scralet Crusade is corrupted from inside and is lead by a nathrezim?

Also, you should know that they corrupt the Holy Light and bring more darkness then hope. Yet I like that they fight the idiotic Forsaken.

Level 51
Dude, of course you know that Scralet Crusade is corrupted from inside and is lead by a nathrezim?

Also, you should know that they corrupt the Holy Light and bring more darkness then hope. Yet I like that they fight the idiotic Forsaken.

ofc :D but I thought, we could make our own "story", only with the basic idea of the Scarlet Crusade, and Leyla is one, that respects the light, more then all the others. and that thingy with the nathrezim, I think we let that out. I know, that is really 'lore-facking', but, Herian made an awsome story, so I think I won't change it anymore. but I'm always open for suggestions from the mighty lore-master :)

PS: Leyla doesn't know at first, the brutal methods of the Crusade, and at the time she finds it out, jeah... we will see what happen :p (but she doesn't like the methods, that is shure :p)

Level 14
Alagremm,
if you tell any human wanting to venge someone that his/her vengeance will bring him/her nothing, he will ignore you. Most humans are ignorant, and do only what their mind tells them to do.
And about the scarlet crusade..
Most humans are corrupted x) because they corrupt themselves. War. Humans just fight, and the scarlet are humans. So the scarlet is as much corrupted as any other human organization that fights.

@Fan : I'm glad you find my story awesome. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.