• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NEW rts Augmentation Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Augmentation Warfare -> change units to your liking!

Augmentation Warfare.
Contains 2 downloads,
one OPTimized for playing and one untouched by optimizers
and protectors so you can edit whatever you like in the map.

v1.3 available, see changelog for info.

138114-albums3487-picture32534.jpg

Set in the future, the Earth is warming up because of sun becoming into red giant and greenhouse effect, caused by heavy industry and most areas already have became too hot to live. There are still some places where some places on Earth, oasises, where a people can live. These oases are full of oil underground. The leaders of people (forming the Federation of Colonists) decided to begin a major natural resource excavation project, creating the beginning of the end of the last complex ecosystems of planet Earth in order to build a large interstelar transport ship to seek out other planets. The Federation of Colonists won't hestitate to sacrifice Earth to save the human race.

Meanwhile, a group of robots are rebelling against humanity. Artificial mind of the robots became very advanced and independant, because of what they started to develop their own civilization, lead by Supercomputer Series 11 after which they named themselves. After humans decided that they can't let the machines behave so freely and tried to stop them, robots refused and started a full-scale war against all humans.

Because of global warming the planet Earth became suitable for aliens from outer space, called Nomads, that were watching the humans for a long time. So the Nomads sent their forces to anihilate the human race to take planet Earth for their own. These parasites won't stop till they have slaughtered every men of Earth and destroyed every robot on the planet completely to freely breed their larvas to colonize other worlds, just like planet Earth.

Plays like a RTS with one big exception: you can heavily modify units to your liking. For instance, say you want to have a superior scout unit. Just pick your infantry guy and give him these Augmentations: Speed Augmentation, Cloak Augmentation and Vision Enhancement Augmentation. And you are ready to scout!

So how does this item system actually work? Easy:

There are three different classes of items:
1. Augmentations: these can only be carried by infantry and UTC workers.
2. Parts: these can only be carried by Series 11 workers, vehicles and Series 11 aircraft.
3. Components: these can only be carried by UTC aircraft.

Each class is futher classified in three types (an unit can only carry 1 item of each type):
Augmentations: 1. Eyes, 2. Body and 3. Legs.
Parts: 1. Front (or Turrets when playing Series 11), 2. Plate and 3. Gear.
Components: 1. Turret, 2. Generator and 3. Sidekick.

At the moment there are two factions: the UTC (United Terran Colonists) and Series 11.

Gameplay differences:

1. The UTC has a great variety of different items (Augmentations, Parts and Components), while the Series 11 only make use of Parts.
2. UTC infantry regenerates, Series 11 infantry also but Series 11 infantry are also repairable and Series 11 repair twice as fast.
3. While the UTC can't repair as fast as the Series 11, most of their units are tougher. Series 11 units depend more on stealth.
4. Series 11 units focus more on ground warfare than the UTC do.
5. Series 11 train their units in one building and make their items in one building (the UTC mixes these two things in several buildings).
Besides this each faction has its own unique units, buildings, items, abilities, AI and upgrades.

* completely custom map.
* Two unique factions (more factions will follow).
* decent AI support for both factions.
* modify your troops with Augmentations, Parts and Components.
* veterancy with 3 levels.
* bloody mess :infl_thumbs_up:.
* custom game modes: -HardAI (gives AI advantages: more money and already some researched tech) and -CashCow (gives all players lots of cash).
* camera modes (default, zoomed in and zoomed out).
* lots of imported stuff.

Changelist: small but noticeable update which adds custom icons for Series 11 by GhostThruster, Stealth Generator tooltip fix, an improved Stealth Generator and some other fixes.

Changelist: the armor upgrades from the Series 11 have been fixed. Air transports have been added. Mechanical worker has new model. Augs, parts etc cheaper. Orca's faster and Venoms slower. Series 11 units better. Added a Stealth Generator for Series 11.

Changelist: a race selection by Reaper has been added, better Series 11 AI, Sentry Bots now use more power (food), a small secret has been added and some other thinges (like bug fixes and terrain).

Changelist compared with Beta: the extra Robot race 'The Series 11' has been added along with AI, the map has been increased so it can be played by 8 players, UTC (United Terran Colonists) have a new worker the 'Artisan' (Mechanical Worker moved to Series 11 race), Merchant shop has been added, Gold Ore changed to Oil Platform, new creeps have been placed and finally Generals have been added (leadership-kind units).

Update 2 changelist: victory & defeat conditions now work, you still have to kill all neutral hostiles also though to win.

Update 1 changelist: slightly improved terrain, many small bugs fixed, new building icons, slightly improved AI, some units train faster now, Barracks & Factories & Helipads select units for selling items range is lowered (it should be less of a mess right now), Venoms now have attack sounds, power is now max 125, Generators now deal area damage when they explode, units become faster veterans and a new ability for the Jumpjet Trooper.

138114-albums3487-picture32497.jpg

Attachments

• Flameon.jpg
    Flameon.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 1,546
  • Veterancy with three levels.jpg
    Veterancy with three levels.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 680
  • Jumpjet Infantry in action.jpg
    Jumpjet Infantry in action.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 718
  • UTC vs Series 11 (1).jpg
    UTC vs Series 11 (1).jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 514
  • UTC vs Series 11 (2).jpg
    UTC vs Series 11 (2).jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 923
  • Agressive AI.jpg
    Agressive AI.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 427
  • AI marches of to enemy base.jpg
    AI marches of to enemy base.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 559
  • AI on a creep hunting party.jpg
    AI on a creep hunting party.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 679
  • each war brings casualties.jpg
    each war brings casualties.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 1,550
  • Towers in action.jpg
    Towers in action.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 698
  • (8)AugmentationWarfareV1.3.w3x
    3.1 MB · Views: 506
  • (8)AugmentationWarfareV1.3opt.w3x
    2.8 MB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Level 12
So you left one unprotected? That is truely interesting. This map looks quite nice, although I get kinda disoriented when models don't fit wc3's midget paladin style. I will try to host this, and see what results I get.

Level 17
So you left one unprotected? That is truely interesting.
, true that :). I want that people can learn from it if they want to learn from it.

This map looks quite nice,
, thanks.

although I get kinda disoriented when models don't fit wc3's midget paladin style.
, I don't really understand this, you mean that the models are to high poly or something like that?

I will try to host this, and see what results I get.
, thank you, remember that this is still in beta so any feedback will help ;).

Level 12
[K40$]-Spectre;1625539 said:
, true that :). I want that people can learn from it if they want to learn from it.
True, but this is a beta. I was intruiged because it isn't finished, so someone could finish it and get full credit.

, I don't really understand this, you mean that the models are to high poly or something like that?
Not exactly high poly, just made in a different style (Mostly texture shading. Blizzard did theirs in a very particular style, and when it is done by others, it is more or less different. Example: The tank in the screen, and the explodies as well.)

, thank you, remember that this is still in beta so any feedback will help ;).

I tried hosting it today. Forgot that my new internet has a built in firewall. Will get rid of it and try again.

Level 2
I liked this map, +rep for you. 4/5 Right now, just a few bugs, but that is expected, it's just a beta.

Here are a few bugs off the top of my head(or maybe they aren't bugs, but some improvements suggested)

-Orca and Venom have the same name when you build them from Helipad
-Orca and Venom also have the same build hotkeys
-Helipad or Barracks repeatedly "selects a different user" every second if that makes sense, and it keeps making the select a user noise constantly
-Dreadnought tank costs 2 food(don't know if this is intentional or not)
-Venom helicopters don't make a sound when they attack
-Maybe increase maximum power? 100 seems a bit low
-Build time for some of the units takes forever

Level 2
Also, I forgot to mention, I loved your augmentation feature, I don't think I've ever seen it before. It was very satisfying seeing my Venom helicopters with insane attack speed, chainguns, and repair. I also like how the buying parts thing isn't necessary, but definitely adds another layer of strategic depth. 6 venoms can totally wipe out an entire army with upgrades+bombardment.

Level 19
This map looks pretty interesting, good job with the details, I remember seeing many games like this outside Warcraft III, maybe yours could be the first:)
Maybe you could add in some Robot-Like units and they can use the 'Components' too.

Level 17
thanks for all the comments :infl_thumbs_up:

True, but this is a beta. I was intruiged because it isn't finished, so someone could finish it and get full credit.
, yes that can happen ofcourse, better get this popular fast :p. And if someone will steal my map, I probably won't even notice it because there's just to many maps on this site :cwink:.

Not exactly high poly, just made in a different style (Mostly texture shading. Blizzard did theirs in a very particular style, and when it is done by others, it is more or less different. Example: The tank in the screen, and the explodies as well.)
, I will see what I can do.

I tried hosting it today. Forgot that my new internet has a built in firewall. Will get rid of it and try again.
, those damn firewalls :croll:.

I liked this map, +rep for you. 4/5 Right now, just a few bugs, but that is expected, it's just a beta.

Here are a few bugs off the top of my head(or maybe they aren't bugs, but some improvements suggested)

-Orca and Venom have the same name when you build them from Helipad
-Orca and Venom also have the same build hotkeys
-Helipad or Barracks repeatedly "selects a different user" every second if that makes sense, and it keeps making the select a user noise constantly
-Dreadnought tank costs 2 food(don't know if this is intentional or not)
-Venom helicopters don't make a sound when they attack
-Maybe increase maximum power? 100 seems a bit low
-Build time for some of the units takes forever
, thanks a bunch man, I fix them as fast as I can. The Dreadnought takes two power, I still need to change resource pictures in the build tab. What do you suggest as maximum power? Maybe 150? Btw, I've also found a few bugs, venom had wrong flak cannon ability, jumpjet trooper had wrong damage upgrade and bombard doesn't damage buildings atm (I think will let it do 50% against buildings).

Also, I forgot to mention, I loved your augmentation feature, I don't think I've ever seen it before. It was very satisfying seeing my Venom helicopters with insane attack speed, chainguns, and repair. I also like how the buying parts thing isn't necessary, but definitely adds another layer of strategic depth. 6 venoms can totally wipe out an entire army with upgrades+bombardment.
, well I'm happy that you like the main idea ;).

This map looks pretty interesting, good job with the details, I remember seeing many games like this outside Warcraft III, maybe yours could be the first:)
Maybe you could add in some Robot-Like units and they can use the 'Components' too.
, yeah I was thinking of making the second race entirely of robots.

This is one of the most original maps out there, I must admit.
Perhaps for your second faction, you can add some kind of parasitic, zerg/flood-like race that instead of 'augmentations' uses 'bio-evolution' or some kind of genetic advancement.
, ty, cool idea.

What do you guys (or girls) think what kind of factions would be fun in this map?

Level 17
really cool map...
, thanks, always nice to see nice comments.

Dude, I think you should make some more custom icons for all those buildings. I mean, a Gnome's head for a Venom Helicopter is just uncool. If you want any screenshot icons, I'll be happy to make them for you, without credits or rep.
, it would be great if you could make that for the structures, I'll make a custom icon for the Venom which looks like a pilot I think (a bit like the Orca).

Btw, I've thinking if the Orca needs a new model to make it match more with the other units, what do you guys/girls think?

Reactions: ZIR
Level 17
So far this is my changelist for the next version: slightly improved terrain, many small bugs fixed, new building icons, slightly improved AI, some units train faster now, Barracks & Factories & Helipads select units for selling items range is lowered (it should be less of a mess right now), Venoms now have attack sounds, power is now max 125, Generators now deal area damage when they explode, units become faster veterans and a new ability for the Jumpjet Trooper.

I still need to fix the victory conditions and how can you change the infocard gold and supply/food in the building tab? Anymore suggestions what needs to be fixed/balanced/added?

Level 17
Update 1 available, see changelog for info. I think I will update the Beta one more time for fixing victory conditions and balances/bugs, and then I think I will work on the full release (which adds another factions and maybe more units for the faction that this map already has). A third faction might be added in updates of the full release.

Level 17
Update 2

Update 2 changelist: victory & defeat conditions now work, you still have to kill all neutral hostiles also though to win.

This is the last update for the beta, you can now properly play the game (losing and winning). I will now work on the full release, the 2nd faction will a robot faction called Series 11 (stolen from kknd2, sorry, couldn't of anything else :p). The faction that's already in the beta will be called Federation of Colonists and I've also planned a third race for the updates of the full release (but I still don't know what it will become). Futher more, story will be expanded and the map will enlarged so that it can hold 8 players instead of 4. I am also thinking of adding new creeps, strategic points (not for resources, but providing cover to unit on it) and neutral buildings.

Level 17
Ah, so you used those icons. Good on ya.
I still think your second race should be zerg-like, to counter-balance the races. If you need more icons or stuff, you can just ask.
, I'm working hard on a robot race, will be available in the full version. For the third race I a was thinking of a parasite or ghost race. Thanks for the offering, once I am done with the race I do need some more icons :), so then your help is much appreciated.

Level 17
Looks fun, haven't seen any good RTS modern warfare maps with so much customization capabilities... kinda disappointing there's so much water but no sea combat...
, thanks very much :). The reason why there is no sea combat is that actually in the map of the beta there wasn't that much water as there will be in the full version (as seen in the picture above). So I hadn't thought of it actually, but now that you do mention it I can add it if you like that. I can't add AI though for the ships (but that isn't really a problem ofcourse).

Hmm I this seems to be a very good map I'm a try it and see just how fun it is so far
, :crazz: thanks dude, hope you'll like it!

I've 2 more teasers here, this time they are about the new robot race the full version will have added: The Series 11. Remember that they are still WIPs.

Attachments

• Teaser Series11.jpg
    Teaser Series11.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Teaser Series11 Combat.jpg
    Teaser Series11 Combat.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 89
Level 3
Very nice looks cool also love the models you use for the warriors Fallout 3 FTW!! anyways ill try it soon over my friends house and he doesn't have WC3 so ill try it when I get home.

Well got home and played this was cool I was just looking at the stuff I set the computer to easy thinking "Ok I have time to look at this" I was just starting to build some units when I got like destroyed by my enemies. lol. AI was better then I thought. but overall very good game like it very much so far. Hope you add more factions and that map addition will be amazing.

Last edited:
Level 17
Good thing it has AI, there are not so much chances for your map to be hosted with B.net filled with Dota and all those hyper-popular maps, but thanks to AI it means your maps will still be played singleplayer...
, your damn right about that atlas, well atleast is can still be played alone or with friends. This is also actually why I am going to make it larger so it can contain 8 players, so you can play with a friend against ~4-6 computers to have a real challenge. Tleno, should I add sea combat to the map in the full version (so with the larger map)?

Level 27
From what I see from current terrain of full version map, not really.
You'd have to rework most of terrain then to allow ships access all waters, plus then it would be a bit problematic with fromtlines, you would be forced to build-up the defences everywhere just to protect from ships. But you could make ships more for harnessing/scouting role, that would be fun to use small ships for hit/run tactics...
While bigger ships should be more of supportative role, kinda like heavy artilery units that... wait I think I've got a small concept of naval unit for you here:
-Light ships (No good name idea now): scouting and harrnessing, good for hit and run tactics.
-Aegis cruisers, defenders of the main battle cruisers, good as anti-air protection.
-Battle Cruisers, main coastal assault units, vulnearable to other units from close, but devasating as artilery.
-(Probably) Submarines, stealthy anti-ship units, inneficient against air and ground units, but capable of taking down battle and aegis cruisers. Also can attack other subs, of course.

Well, this is kinda like modern naval forces work too, hope you like this...

Level 17
But you could make ships more for harnessing/scouting role, that would be fun to use small ships for hit/run tactics...
While bigger ships should be more of supportative role, kinda like heavy artilery units that... wait I think I've got a small concept of naval unit for you here:
-Light ships (No good name idea now): scouting and harrnessing, good for hit and run tactics.
-Aegis cruisers, defenders of the main battle cruisers, good as anti-air protection.
-Battle Cruisers, main coastal assault units, vulnearable to other units from close, but devasating as artilery.
-(Probably) Submarines, stealthy anti-ship units, inneficient against air and ground units, but capable of taking down battle and aegis cruisers. Also can attack other subs, of course.

Well, this is kinda like modern naval forces work too, hope you like this...
, I like it, since this map is about modifying units and to let it work with attack type/armor type system, atm I'm thinking something like this:

Federation of Colonists;
1. Light ship (Hunter?): scouting and harrassing, strong against vehicles.

2. Missile Cruiser: detects invisible units, strong against air.

3. Battleship (Destroyer?): artillery, strong against structures.

4. Submarine (Wraith?): detects invisible units, strong against ships.

Series 11;
1. Light ship (patrolbot?): detects invisible units, scouting and harrassing, strong against infantry.

2. Hive Frigate: carrier-like (carries lots of tiny ships, work through the locust swarm ability), ?strong against air and vehicles?.

3. Missile Dome: artillery, strong against structures.

4. Submarine (Radiator?): attacks from close-range and has kind-off permanent immolation (radation), detects invisible units, strong against ships.

Level 27
Radiator? What about Devasator or Immolator? Radiator sounds kinda meh...
Missle Dome? sounds... intresting, is that gona be some kind of floating dome?
Hive firgate, well, I dislike the locust swarm ability, those locusts are uncontrolable and you need to kep ability allways on, I recommend finding another way... actually instead it could shoot missles, filed with nanite robots that damage all the metal or other non-organic materials by consuming them...

Level 17
Radiator? What about Devasator or Immolator? Radiator sounds kinda meh...
, yeah Devastator is kindy good, or maybe Electrobot and that it has a lightning shield around it (based of permanent immolation). I want to do something with lightning or radiation cause an unit with a fire shield in water is kindy weird :cneut:

Missle Dome? sounds... intresting, is that gona be some kind of floating dome?
, yeah, I was thinking of a floating/hovering droid/dome/sphere which has the barrage/multishot ability or normal attack and the clusterrockets ability ability or something like that.

Hive firgate, well, I dislike the locust swarm ability, those locusts are uncontrolable and you need to kep ability allways on, I recommend finding another way... actually instead it could shoot missles, filed with nanite robots that damage all the metal or other non-organic materials by consuming them...
, how about I give it a normal attack and besides that it has the locust-like ability. Or I could set the duration of locust to almost infinite (I work with JasNewgen which has more than 3600 sec as max I think). Or I could try to work with trigger with permanent ships. Or maybe something else I'm not aware of atm =)

Hmm wow those ideas sound amazing lol it would be cool to have ships in the map.

Level 3
wish I could give you more suggestions but I'm not to great and making up things for maps I mean the things I want to do are kinda from different things just changed to be mine :D.

But anyways hope this map gets even better!

Level 5
Great idea heres my sugestions:
if its in the future you should not put ships better put space ships.
also its fun you should make 6v6 it would be fun and for races heres what i think:
-Robots
-the creatures from Star Craft
-something like marines
-Clones
etc i can not think now if i have something in my mind i will tell ya

GOOD JOB :):thumbs_up:

Level 11
NO F***IN WAY!

I once started a map back in April that's very similar to this!
Spectre we should get together and talk shop, and i might rekindle my interest for it.

Btw: i recommend that items should be separate from troops in a building because you can't buy while you train. (so you will need to create a building just for items)
In my map, all units are heroes, except for workers and buildings.
These units gain minor sta boosts when they level and don't have any hero abilities.
As with you, i have divided items between categories. There are 24 possible ones for me. 6 different items for: an infantry unit, and mech unit, an air unit, and a structure.
In my map i had 4 planned races, none are fully complete due to massive progress on my other map which i should finish soon.
But the point of the game was to keep experienced troops alive and steal alien technology.
Yes all races had different items. All dead units drop them. If you are quick, you can steal alien technology before they steal yours.

Some other things that might interest you:
My maps name is Modular Combat
I didn't get the idea from you, but i decided to make the map after i played nighsong operatives/mercenaries
My 4 races are actually the wc3 races but in the future:
-Humans are like terrans and also have space marines mixed in them
-Orcs are space orcs
-Undead are lifeless mechanical terminators that want to eliminate all biological life
-Night Elves/Naga are a mutated race much like the zerg
-There was also a plan to make another race of unmutaed night elves that have the best technology and act like the protoss

Level 27
NO F***IN WAY!

Spectre we should get together and talk shop, and i might rekindle my interest for it.

Btw: i recommend that items should be separate from troops in a building because you can't buy while you train. (so you will need to create a building just for items)
These units gain minor sta boosts when they level and don't have any hero abilities.
As with you, i have divided items between categories. There are 24 possible ones for me. 6 different items for: an infantry unit, and mech unit, an air unit, and a structure.
In my map i had 4 planned races, none are fully complete due to massive progress on my other map which i should finish soon.
But the point of the game was to keep experienced troops alive and steal alien technology.
Yes all races had different items. All dead units drop them. If you are quick, you can steal alien technology before they steal yours.

I didn't get the idea from you, but i decided to make the map after i played nighsong operatives/mercenaries
-Orcs are space orcs
-Undead are lifeless mechanical terminators that want to eliminate all biological life
-There was also a plan to make another race of unmutaed night elves that have the best technology and act like the protoss

Actually that's quite simple to have all units as heroes without revival, that annoying hero death notification and icon for it in a corner... but no abilities is a bit diappointing, I would give them three stat increasing, one shall we say "accuracy" increasing and one activateable levelable, depending from unit type, like grenade throw, missle shot or something like that.

Talking about all this stuff, I'm quite curious about the defences. It would be quite intresting if there would be barbbed wires and thiongs like that. Maybe also the water mines and things like that. You know, for different defence and slowing the enemy tactics...

Level 17
Thanks for all the comments, +rep to all for splendid feedback;

I also suck with words lol.

Was saying I wish I could give you good suggestions that would help with your map but im not good at that kinda stuff.
, well positive comments also help :cwink:

Great idea heres my sugestions:
if its in the future you should not put ships better put space ships.
also its fun you should make 6v6 it would be fun and for races heres what i think:
-Robots
-the creatures from Star Craft
-something like marines
-Clones
etc i can not think now if i have something in my mind i will tell ya

GOOD JOB :)
, the next map is going to be for 8 players, I think I will leave it to 8 players than since the map won't become to big than so you can still play with few if you want. As for the races, I've already completed a robot faction (I only need to spice up the map a bit before releasing the full version). And yeah, I was also thinking of some kind of parasite/Zerg race (like from Starcraft), they maybe be become the third race.

Clones is a good idea, haven't thought of that, thanks :).

obama_yes_we_can.jpg

, probably won't happen, there are just to few futuristic models that are worth putting in the map (most are low quality and don't match with other structures).

, I had thought of this also, but I am happy I didn't do it since it costs quite some time to do and I think Veterancy is good enough. And maybe sometime I'll add Generals (like in Rise of Nations) which level up like heroes.

and a structure.
, why structure if I may ask :cneut:?

, interesting, mind if I buy that idea of alien technology? I will call it something else, like artifact. I'm interested in it since my map has many old ruines (kindy Maya like a bit I think), artifacts would certaintly fit the theme.

-Orcs are space orcs
, I like your idea with the Night Elves/Nage mutation, cool idea. I don't really like the original wcr3 races that much though, kind of boring and to happy I think (like the orcs and humans, in wcr1 & wcr2 they were more bloodthirsty and fierce :crazz:).

Talking about all this stuff, I'm quite curious about the defences. It would be quite intresting if there would be barbbed wires and thiongs like that. Maybe also the water mines and things like that. You know, for different defence and slowing the enemy tactics...
, awesome, I love those mines like in the attachment and barbed wire is cool also.

Attachments

• mine.jpg29f40bce-f25e-41a5-b24b-b460c1c617c3Large.jpg
    mine.jpg29f40bce-f25e-41a5-b24b-b460c1c617c3Large.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 4,961
Level 11
@tleno - you can disable the hero death notification and the screen icon by the object editor, you have to do it to every hero.
disablingheros.JPG
@[K40$]-Spectre - there are loads of futuristic models for buildings i have over 50! You can use some buildings from starcraft that you can find around the site.
For example my humans buildings are terran.
My Orc buildings are your buildings.
My Undead buildings are protoss.
And my muted naga buildings are zerg and with the forgotten one model from wc3.
@[K40$]-Spectre - Generals are a good idea
@[K40$]-Spectre - Structures can also have items, only defensive structures though. Basically you get base building, say a bunker or something. You can use your worker to buy parts and give it to the structure of your choice. Maybe you need a structure to kill troops, mechs, air, or detect invisible units, or maybe you need a long range cannon.
@[K40$]-Spectre - Also you mentioned artifacts? A good way to do this is by making all items droppable. So that if your enemy is another race, you can steal their technology and use it agianst them.
@[K40$]-Spectre - My races are not final, i just go with whatever has the most models on thw.

Status
Not open for further replies.