• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 9
So.. how abt a biggy twist?
Lord Regent is Gardon's FATHER!!
And Lord Regent is actually an undercover undead who was raised by Aridon after killing Regent!!

Level 11
Lord Brian has died centuries ago, he can't be anyone's father.
From the Characters page:

Lord Brian the Fallen
Long ago, before the Empire had set sail over the sea, Lord Brian was a high-ranking member of the Emperor's court. People were afraid of the lord in dark armor who was said to study the forbidden dark arts of Shadow Magic. One day, he and his family disappeared without any trace of their whereabouts. Since he didn't return even after years, people started to believe he had died. However, in truth, he had discovered ancient secrets and power. Whatever happened to him, it made him immortal and gave him unknown power and knowledge. It remains a mystery what he has done over the past centuries.

From the prologue of the First human book:

For many centuries have the races of Arkain battled against the demonic hordes. The Legions have always held the upper hand because of their unbelievable strength and since the arrogant people of Arkain have refused to work together. But the Demons' eventual victory against the mortal races of Arkain was stopped, twenty years ago....

So the empire came to help the kingdoms 20 years ago, it was then or earlier before that Lord Brian had disappeared, not centuries ago...which makes it plausible that he was Gardon's father

Level 9
So.. how abt a biggy twist?
Lord Regent is Gardon's FATHER!!
And Lord Regent is actually an undercover undead who was raised by Aridon after killing Regent!!

Level 20
How about we wait and see.Its way to early to make any twist asumption.We don't have the needed info to make this type of asumptions + Shar already used that twist on the Undead book.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So the empire came to help the kingdoms 20 years ago, it was then or earlier before that Lord Brian had disappeared, not centuries ago...which makes it plausible that he was Gardon's father

???
Lord Brian was gone long ago, many years before the Empire had even set sail. Even centuries before this.

How about we wait and see.Its way to early to make any twist asumption.We don't have the needed info to make this type of asumptions + Shar already used that twist on the Undead book.

:xxd:

Level 20
AND Thats why you don't do any assumption untill the capaingn has at least 5-6 missions and 2-3 cinematics.

@Shar....I don't like it when you make that face...

Level 11
Damn, you could see how popular this campaign is, over 94 pages in this thread and everyone's trying to guess the plot twists....

I know one thing, if that Zarin ever finds out that the imperials are planning to take the elves and leave the kingdoms, he's gonna get pissed

Last edited:
Level 29
Damn, you could see how popular this campaign is, over 94 pages in this thread and everyone's trying to guess the plot twists....

I know one thing, if that Zarin ever finds out that the imperials are planning to take the elves and leave the kingdoms, he's gonna get pissed

It is in our nature to be curious.

The dwarves fighting against the demons while the imperials and elves are preparing to leave? I sure would be pissed. Brace yourselves, a second civil war is coming.

And I wonder what will Larine and Salana think of this. Larine wanted for the elves to fight side by side with the humans and dwarves, and Salana spent a lot of time acting as an ambassador between elves and humans.

Level 29
Will have the DarkBlade Legion affect the Humans in this second book?
And who is there leader ?(The Green Dreadlord).
Sorry if i disturb with this 2 question.

If this is according to the second mission, the Dark Blade Legion is the one that is attacking the kingdoms, while the others are busy elsewhere. Given that the leader of the Bloodrinker Legion only appeared in the end of the undead campaign, the Dark Blade leader must be a dreadlord.

Level 29
The Souleater Legion is the one attacking the Kingdoms. The Darkblade Legion is just another legion, following orders.

I am actually curious in something. How many legions are in total? And how is their hierarchy? Does each legion has a leader and all leaders answer to a single demon lord or are they like autonomous legions that are allied with each other but are techinally independent?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I am actually curious in something. How many legions are in total?

More than three. :p

And how is their hierarchy? Does each legion has a leader and all leaders answer to a single demon lord or are they like autonomous legions that are allied with each other but are techinally independent?

Every Legion's leader is a powerful Dreadlord. They are playing numerous political intrigues and games to turn their own Legion into the most powerful one. Once one Legion has proven to be the most powerful, the other Legions join them to fight the mortals.
Before Ornasion's defeat, the Blooddrinker was the strongest legion due to their physical strength and numbers. The Legion is still existing but has lost its leader and the main bulk of their forces. Now, the Souleater Legion is in charge - the cruel and intrigant legion.

Level 29
I don't understand why Ornasion is imprisoned after being defeated,someone will just know about him,no?

And waste troops trying to save a so-called powerful dreadlord that lost? I doubt it. Ornasion, by losing and being captured, is no longer deemed worthy of being saved. Remember onthe fifth undead mission when he told the other dreadlord that he would have to beat the undead without backup? Now karma has stroke him.

Every Legion's leader is a powerful Dreadlord. They are playing numerous political intrigues and games to turn their own Legion into the most powerful one. Once one Legion has proven to be the most powerful, the other Legions join them to fight the mortals.
Before Ornasion's defeat, the Blooddrinker was the strongest legion due to their physical strength and numbers. The Legion is still existing but has lost its leader and the main bulk of their forces. Now, the Souleater Legion is in charge - the cruel and intrigant legion.

So each legion has their own skills and advantages? The Blooddrinker was the strongest in terms of strenght and numbers, the Souleater was the cruelest and most cunning perharps? This is like in strategy games where countries of the same culture have different styles and strenghts.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So each legion has their own skills and advantages? The Blooddrinker was the strongest in terms of strenght and numbers, the Souleater was the cruelest and most cunning perharps? This is like in strategy games where countries of the same culture have different styles and strenghts.

Exactly. The Darkblade Legion is the one doing most of the defending stuff, that's why you haven't seen many of them yet.

Level 29
An answer 2 in 1.
But the mortal races don't know nothing about the Legion plans and tactics,following the story it is impossible to infiltrate someone to learn about the legion and the other enemies.

Given that Largoth has betrayed the demons it is very likely that they learnt from their mistake and are now cautious.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Version 0.20 released

General:
- Increased cooldown of Dark Secrets by 20
- Increased Greywolves' cost and replaced Roar with Command Aura

Chapter Three:
- Completed Chapter Three

Instead of a .w3n file, you'll find a .zip file. The reason? The file contains two files you have to copy into your war3.mpq (For further details, read the ReadMe). These files replace Pink with Dark Red. After creating them, I tested around a bit, but in order for it to work, everyone has to modify the mpq file himself, sadly.
I highly advise using these files. 1. It looks MUCH better, 2. I'll use the Dark Red as color in Arkain. If I refer to any colors in the campaign, it'll now be Dark Red instead of Pink.

Level 29
Version 0.20 released

General:
- Increased cooldown of Dark Secrets by 20
- Increased Greywolves' cost and replaced Roar with Command Aura

Chapter Three:
- Completed Chapter Three

Instead of a .w3n file, you'll find a .zip file. The reason? The file contains two files you have to copy into your war3.mpq (For further details, read the ReadMe). These files replace Pink with Dark Red. After creating them, I tested around a bit, but in order for it to work, everyone has to modify the mpq file himself, sadly.
I highly advise using these files. 1. It looks MUCH better, 2. I'll use the Dark Red as color in Arkain. If I refer to any colors in the campaign, it'll now be Dark Red instead of Pink.

I just played. Damn that pass and their catapults!
Oh Cora you forgot one of the main rules of relunctant cooperation: Never tell the other that you don´t trust him! You are surrounded by Gardon's name, what will stop him from killing you in an 'accident'? And Leirrig was nothing more but a filthy traitor, he got what he deserved!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Great Shar ! Also this changes made will affect only this campaign ?

The color files will affect the whole game. There was no other way, sadly. But meh, Pink is no good color in WarCraft 3 anyway.

Btw, I'd like to know from you, who used it, what you think about this little new feature.

I just played. Damn that pass and their catapults!

Was a joy, wasn't it?^^

Oh Cora you forgot one of the main rules of relunctant cooperation: Never tell the other that you don´t trust him! You are surrounded by Gardon's name, what will stop him from killing you in an 'accident'? And Leirrig was nothing more but a filthy traitor, he got what he deserved!

She wants to play with open cards, also she's quite powerful. But yeah, saying such a thing while being surrounded by Bloodclaw loyalists... Not the smartest thing to do.
One thing i for certain: Her father wouldn't avenge her.

Level 12
I am not a fan of pink color so i dont see any problem :). By the way , i think you have a twin Shar ;)

Level 29
She wants to play with open cards, also she's quite powerful. But yeah, saying such a thing while being surrounded by Bloodclaw loyalists... Not the smartest thing to do.
One thing i for certain: Her father wouldn't avenge her.

It doesn´t matter how powerful you are. When a thousand swords attack you, one will eventually cut you. Oh look it rhymed!

And her father is, as I said before, a complete monster. I hope Aedale kills him in the most gruesome way possible. He even mistreats the daughter that is still respected by everyone.

Level 11
Holy... The rebels even have those damn pegasus

I see what Gardon is trying to do there, he's getting rid of a large number of Golden Guard soldiers by sending them through the pass

Also I replayed the darkblades mission (mission #2) in this new version of the campaign and Greywolves no longer cast Roar, and have devotion aura instead and cost 4 food instead of 3, wtf ?

Last edited:
Level 28
I played the First books, honestly I love the gameplay but you should improve some of your mapping skills, because some places just looks very plain, just for an example, First Orc book, the chapter which you had to rescue Vanessa, the Kome's citadel looks very plain, seriously. But, good luck on the second book!

Level 20
Well well well.I was not dissapointed i asked for a hard mission and i got one.

I did not find any bug on this chapter so i wrote a little guide to help you people.

I would sugest using 4 Executioner 6 archers as your main fighting force.
Do not leave the base without upg your spellcaster unites they are esential in wining this chapter.

While your suporting unites will be made of (2 prists,4 hydromacners,1 necromancer)

Executioners will be used as the meatshield for your attacking force you will have to empower them with Frost armor,Inner fire in order for them to soak up the dmg.

While cleaning the road use the catapults(4 catapuls will do just fine) and remember every time you move your unites to a location press H (the hotkey for Hold) other wise the archers and towers will draw agro from your unites.

For destroying the rebels bases use Golems(4 golems are okay for this job)

-Remember to use hydromacers water wave ability it crushes the weak rebels(3-4 water waves will clear a rebel attacking force you can use them to even to snipe the towers on canyon on those pesky archers.)Every time Blodclaws third ability is off CD use it near the spellcasters so they can regain mana

After you reach the orange base use your fighting and supporting force to draw the agro of the defensive forces(remember to focus down the paladin and then proccede to kill the others) while drawing agro from the defensive forces empower your golems with Inner fire,Unholy frenzy and Frost aura and go inside the base and destroy the barrackas.Remember even tho weak the rebels are trained pretty fast and can over run your forces if you do not destroy the barrackas.

Second base.

Here you dont have to destroy the entire base use your golems(remember to empower them) to draw agro of the defensive forces.Go into the middle of the base then go to the north.This will leave the maruder leader exposed.Just rush down with your fighting force and focus her down.Use gardons first ability and Redfist second ablity to kill her faster.

-Now this is your primary base.

From now you will attack the Pink/DarK Red base.

Clear the rest of the canyon.

After you are done with whats left of the cayon guards *Re-model* your forces by training massive Necormancers,executioners and Golems.

The idea of this is to create a massive blood bath in the middle of the pink base so necromancers can keep raising sceletons that will keep the defensive forces busy while your golems destory the barracaks and Casterl.Note this base is really to take down so you might need to attackit serveral times.

Now you might think we won? No we did not sinc Shar is The Undisputed Scumbag champion of the world he made sure to put two pink barracks inside the teal and violet base.

Dont worry destroying the entire bases.Just lure their forces out of the bridge,kill them go inside and draw agro from the rebels with your main forces then use the golems to scout out the base and destory the left of pink barracks (one is down south the other one is up north.)

BE PATIENT if you want to win this mission if you are not then i guess you gotta use that oldie but goldie "whosyourdaddy"

Level 3
Just for your information, on Hard difficulty, your enemies spawn 2 (!) units at once when one finishes training. Defeating their armies won't be enough, they get respawned at an enormous rate. I suggest ignoring their forces since they get re-created damn fast and go for the barracks first to slow them down (especially the Militia and Militia Archer units are trained damn fast).

Level 8
Hello .Hey guys i have some problems :When i download the pack again i don't want to play from the beginning all chapters,is there a way playing just the last chapter without playing again all,can somebody help me with this problem,is just nonsense to play all again.

Level 20
Hello .Hey guys i have some problems :When i download the pack again i don't want to play from the beginning all chapters,is there a way playing just the last chapter without playing again all,can somebody help me with this problem,is just nonsense to play all again.

Well...All three chapters are selectable from the begining.So you just skip the first two and go straight for the third chapter.

Level 20
Its not this the problem,i just don't know how it will look or if will not give buggs,,because is needed to delete, replace and others.If you used how is it,its working to you?

First you have to copy the file that will be re-placed and keep it somewhere safe so if the new files gets coruted you still have a back-up file.With this done there is no risk of bugs destroying your game.You can replaced the courrupted file with the back-up file you saved before.

Here is a pick of how unites look

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/171388-albums8207-picture101674.jpg