• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Everden - the Assassins Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
...I only remember running, running from my chasers. I was sure that they wanted to assassinate me, but i didn't know why. The rain was pouring from the sky, and the wind was making my run harder but I didn't have a choice, I had to run forward through this dark forest. I was running alongside the river until my road has finished. There was only huge waterfall in front of me. Time was running out. I didn't have a choice, death from the hands of the assassins right behind me or jump to the pit... I've chosen the second option. What happened after the jump I do not remember. I don't remember anything...damn it, bloody amnesia, I don't even remember my name...

logoorg.jpg

swiatifabula.jpg
Welcome to Everden, a mysterious world full of adventures, interesting races, wars, love, alliances, kings and queens, humans, elves and dwarfs. It’s year 1273 of the Cancius Era, in the kingdom of Walmeria which lies on the north-eastern parts of the world maps and ruled by king Dananth the Second. This chapter is a story of a hero, who lost his memory during the chase from mysterious assassins, who has had orders to kill him. The hero lost them, jumping from the cliff and saved his life but it’s just a beginning...

rodzajgry.jpg

This game will be a fully designed Role Playing Game packed in Campaign (.w3n). We will be able to explore the whole locations, villages, dark forests, houses, mines and loads more. We will be able to have a conversation with every single NPC in the game which will be crucial to your storyline, it will fully depend on you what’s going to happen next. Extended inventory will be also available as well as crafting weapons and armour, making potions or even cooking meals.

bhater.jpg

There will be a sepate hero creator before start of the game.
We will be able to play four types of races:
- Humans,
- Elves,
- Dwarves,
- Half Elves.
Apart of choosing a race we would like to play, we will also be able to choose sub-race, skin or hair color. (More comming soon)

systemygry.jpg
There will be a lots of custom systems to make game as much RPG as possible. Here is the list of what kind of systems will be implemented in the game:
- Camera system - control will be available through mouse and keyboard arrows and the camera will be facing hero from the back,
- Weather system - random weather system will be changing,
- Entering buildings system - we will be able to enter and exit any building in the game.
- Conversation system - we will be able to talk with every single NPC in the game, some of them will only say few words to you while others may talk and talk ;)
- Item Attachment system - every single weapon or armour will be available on our hero,
- Equipment system - based on dummy units system which will extend our hero's inventory,
- Crafting system - we will be able to craft weapons and armour in blacksmiths, boil potions on alchemy tables or cook meals next to campfires of course we will need special crafting items and ingredients for that.
- Resting system - we will be able to take a nap to regenerate our life and mana that will be only available in safe areas like taverns, private houses with beds or by campfires.
- Own Skill Tree system – it will purely depend on us in which profession will our hero develop. We will be able to train our hero to become a warrior, mage, priest, paladin, hunter or rogue . We can even become a hybrid! It will purely depend on us.
(More comming soon)

zdjeciazgry.jpg

p21oo.jpg

p12cs.jpg

p11wo.jpg

p10b.jpg

p22e.jpg

68136117a.jpg

28954548.jpg

p26x.jpg

p27t.jpg

p24k.jpg

20257128.jpg

75462158.jpg

61533281.jpg

p17ry.jpg

I'm looking forward to your comments guys ;)

Attachments

• p12.jpg
    p12.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 204
  • p11.jpg
    p11.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 178
  • p10.jpg
    p10.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 183
  • p9.jpg
    p9.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 157
  • p8.jpg
    p8.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 177
  • p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 156
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 183
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 182
  • p21oo.jpg
    p21oo.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 168
  • p22e.jpg
    p22e.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 212
  • p17ry.jpg
    p17ry.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 164
  • p24k.jpg
    p24k.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 159
  • p26x.jpg
    p26x.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 163
  • p27t.jpg
    p27t.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Level 17
Mmhmm. It's a campaign, so you can afford to go full high-res if you desire.

Otherwise, there isn't very much to comment on. What makes this unique?

Level 3
Cool Projet :D its really awsome , wish you Good Luck :D and Soon finish Afcourse :)
lets pray this wont be Another Abandoned Idea :/

Level 7
Cheers guys, I appreciate your opinion. I'm going to try and make it as less warcraft-alike as possible. Although all unit models will be warcraft-alike, cuz unfortunately i'm green in modeling.

At the moment two of the vilages are done that is 'Boet' the human vilage and 'Mines' dwarf vilage. Elven vilage 'Riveneth' is the next thing i'm focusing on. There will be 3 ways of ending this first chapter. We will decide it by choosing which vilage we want to help.

Level 7
Little update screenshot visiting the crypts:
p17ry.jpg

I've also added few more missions in humans village. Created goblin caves and made a troll who guards the bridge and takes payment for passing through it :), of course it will be completely up to us if we want to kill him or not which will have an impact on future moves.

Level 7
A little update of the project. Quests in human village Boet are all done now :), next thing I'm going to do is some quests in dwarf village. Human village Boet is also having paladin and rogue trainers already. In dwarvish Mines will also apprar a warrior and priest trainers and in elven village Riveneth we will have mage and hunter trainers.
I've also changed some testures to high quality ones and added some better looking environment models which you can find bellow

p21oo.jpg

A new HQ testure in human houses.

p22e.jpg

The chapel of Adalus, god of peace, light and rightneous. This chapel will be chained to a quest if we want to train as a paladin.

More comming soon, stay tuned ;)

Level 7
So the dwarven camp, Mines are half way done. Few missions left until i'll start doing the last elven village Riveneth and its missions. Here are some photos from the Mines and some quests.

p26x.jpg

p27t.jpg

I have also finished conditional quests to be trained as a thief, paladin and priest. the remaining ones to do are warrior, mage and hunter, where warrior will be another trainer in the dwarven Mines and mage, hunter in elven Riveneth.

And most importantly meet our three representatives of all three villages. Depending on which side you will choose the main story-line character will help you get your memory back in some way.

p28es.jpg

From the left:
- Brunin - Dwarven warrior and leader of the butcher's party who specialize in killing all vermins stopping dwarven miners doing their job.

- Venzel - Young human paladin, who is trying to help people of human village Boet sort the problem of bandits attacking tradesmans caravans and lonely adventures.

- Iveth - Proud forest elf who is against every race which are 'stealing' mother nature goods. Does not like human and dwarves ideology but is willing to understand their nature.

For grand finale two new gameplay videos from the game, enjoy:

More comming soon.

STAY TUNED ;)

Last edited:
Level 7
Actually you are not specified in any class, during the game you can choose in which class would you like to be trained in as you will learn all the skills like for example: you could learn stealth and lock picking skills from rogue trainer or learning healing and prays skills from paladin trainer. So as you can see you can be anyone. You have that on the first post as well.

The reason why the title is named Everden - Assassins Guild is to refer that Everden is the name of the world, and Assassins Guild is a name of the secret organisation but i won't spoil too much about it yet ;)

Level 7
Thanks for your i terest, Hell Master:).

Well, what would you like to know, then?

Storyline is quite simple for the first chapter (i have in plans to do 2 more chapters to fill up the story). Our hero does not remember his past due to jump from the cliff as he's being chased by a hooded assassins. He finds himself alone on the shore. The only thing our hero remember is the pursuit and the chasers so the only way to get his memory back is to find them and find out why did they want to kill him.
Throughout the game we will find three villages:
- human village Boet,
- dwarven camp Mines,
- elven village Riveneth.
Each of them can help you get your memory back but before that will happen we will have to help them in their own problems. On some point we will have to choose which village we will support in the end. Each decision will have different ending.

And now a little bit about the systems:)

Obviously the camera will be pointed on the back of our hero. We can steer him with either mouse or arrows. There will be backpacks to buy/craft/find to extend the inventory capacity. We will have a completly different skill tree to learn. In order to do this we need to find the class trainers spreaded all around the map i.e. To learn some spells we speak with mage trainer or to learn how to use thunder clap speak with warrior trainer etc. So technically we can choose which class will we have during the game, any then we can use those skills by adding them to active skills which will shown on as normal on the right bottom interface. There will be also some secondary skills like blacksmithing, mining, alchemy, cooking or herb gathering. Conversations will be available with every single NPC, it is very important to chat with everyone as lots of them might have some extra quests that could make you richer.
Haven't done the fighting system yet but by leveling up we will gain skill points to spend on attributes and to learn new class skills. In order to use some weapons we will have to learn how to use them too by speaking with weapon trainers without the knowledge we won't be able to use it.

Don't really know what to tell you, if you have any more questions or suggestions give me a shout. I'll be happy to answer any questions ;)

Level 7
Wait, so there would be a Third Person Camera? If so, how would combat exactly work?

I haven't think about the combat system yet, although i think i'll add some music change while in combat. If you have any suggestions feel free to post them here.

And btw thank for your support on Project Spotlight, appreciate that ;), the more interest and support i'll have from you the more project info i'll post in here.

Level 28
I haven't think about the combat system yet.

Aww, this is bad this is one of the first thing you need to work on if you're making a RPG map especially if you want it to be a little bit different.

Well since you basically have no idea what you want to do other than musics, why don't you make it like a turn base combat? Its nice to have strategy on rpg maps from time to time.

Level 6
i do like the terrain it could be a bit better especially for this kinda camera because u see way more !

Also i guess the combat system is very important especially with this camera. i actually never saw a game which uses this camera and dont get fucked up in a fight.

and am i the only one who noticed the language ? will you change it before u release the map ?

Level 7
I will change the language don't worry Shapy ;) originaly it will be in my native tongue, Polish but i'll do an English version as well, that won't be a problem.

Regarding combat system, thanks for your oppinions Sonofjay and Drunken_Jackal combat system it's still in development, in fact i wan't to first finish all the story line and conversations first, many more systems I will add later so i'll see whether it will be an action full of blood and special effects normal system or a turn based combat system.

Thanks, Frengers :)

Level 19
I would still actually prefer the vanilla combat, unless your game was designed in a third person perspective. Do try to stay away from turn based here, doesn't seem as the most viable option.

Also, if you need any help idea related or maybe even writing, VM/PM me. I'd be glad to help.

Level 14
The project is still in early development as I am doing everything myself. Keep tracking my post for more info ;).

+rep to you for doing everything yourself. It's quite an undertaking (I'm doing the same thing)

Anyways, things are looking good. I like the terrain, keep up the good work

Level 19
+rep to you for doing everything yourself. It's quite an undertaking (I'm doing the same thing)

Anyways, things are looking good. I like the terrain, keep up the good work

Not yet, NightStalker.

The project is still in early development as I am doing everything myself. Keep tracking my post for more info ;).

okay man i'm following as soon as you finish this i'm going to download it :D

Last edited:
Level 3
Eehmeeeeeeeegeeeeed ! This project is awesome :D ! The Terrain Owning :3 ! Continue this and I hope for more Updates !
+Rep
RoaminG

Level 7
Looks kinnda interesting. Any progress?

Yes. Due to my busy lifestyle I did not do a lot but I'm still working on it :).

Added some tutorial fade filter images while playing game to explain for example how to use active objects and take/put items from them or how to control your character etc as the gameplay will be slightly different from the ordinary W3.

Also I'm working on that fight system. It will be klick on ability-attack once, block. The attack or block won't be automatic and will depend purely from the player.

Level 2
Very Cool! This project promise a lot! :D If you need a beta tester os somethings else i'm avalaible. I hope this project can be develope soon.

Level 7
Thanks, Zanna. Definately gonna let you know when some beta tests will take place ;).

Regarding news. I've just added a system which will allow us to buy a safe house in one of the choosen three vilages. The safehouse will be upgradeble. We will be able to buy bed to recover damage, blacksmith to craft weapons and armor, alchemy table to boil potions, own chest to store excessive items and many more.

Level 7
It will be most likely private, as I want to release full version with voices of characters as well. Thanks for the comments though. It's always nice when you see someone interested in your project, makes you want to finish it quicker ;).

EDIT

Here is a bit of a dwarven vilage and its surroundings video, what do you think of it? Any comments are welcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.