• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guilds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am currently working on releasing a series of games. Each centering on a different guild. My Mage's Guild map is already done. Each map will be different and have a very unique game style. I plan to have a Ranger's Guild, Fighter's Guild, Assassin's Guild, and the already completed Mage's Guild. Each game will have a VERY different and unique game style. So far the Fighter's Guild I can promise will be something new and never before seen. It takes awhile for me to complete a map but I'm trying to set the expected time to 1 week per game. If anybody can think of anymore types of guilds or game styles they would like to suggest then please post! :thumbs_up:

Please post constructive feedback.
I already understand there are bugs and glitches in Mage's Guild, and I'm working on them here and there. If you find any please PM me or post it here. I have not found them all but I know they are out there! :infl_thumbs_up:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/5223/
is the Mage Guilds. The current one I'm working on will be a defense like map but use a new interesting way to defend.
The Assassins Guild I have multiple topics for and i still need to narrow it down. The Rangers Guild will probably be a survival map but I might change it.

This is not a campaign just a series of maps I have planned out... I'm trying not to use too much imported material because i want the file size to be relatively small.:infl_thumbs_up:

Ideas:
Fighter's Guild uses a unique type of fighting system its an arena set type game style. More info as progress Continues.

Ranger's Guild uses a survival type match but I plan to make it a little more unique by adding some interesting twists and turns.

Assassin's Guild is what I'm stumped on... I could do a Maze like map, or a type of map where you sneak through a castle full of security systems to assassinate the king... first one to kill the king wins... there will be traps, alarms, patrols, etc. These ideas may be subject to change.

I hope that sheds some more light on that.:pal:

If you have any questions or suggestions please don't be shy and leave a comment.

Last edited:

at

at

Level 4
Explain, what do you mean when you say that they'll be totally different?
Different types of games?
Are they TDs? RPGs? ORPGs? Hero Defense?
A little further information would be great :)
/at

Level 9
Mage's Guild and Fighter's Guild are names from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. You got the ideas from there?

at

at

Level 4
Well, things like that, guilds, is based on historical facts.
And I've seen billions of games where it appear. So it's not Oblivion has the copyright or something :]

Level 8
Not Really

Well not really I didn't get the idea from Oblivion... havn't gotten got play that game yet either way. This idea sparked from just having several classes that they can be catogorized into guilds. I plan to update Mage wars to set it into a backround... kinda pointless but oh well... The warring guilds take place in a city that is in complete anarchy. The Guilds are trying to take advantage of this havoc so their guild becomes bigger and stronger... I didn't take this idea from oblivion but ill do some research on the game to see what they have. I am trying to make this a fairly unique series of games. They are not gonna be in campaign... Just several Games all with different gamestyles but revolving around one central theme. I'll go into more depth soon as I get further... So far the Fighter's Guild is turning out very unique and its more centered around the city... I am trying to make each game very diverse and nowere similar to eachother while trying to come up with a unique new system of gameplay... More info in the upcoming days... Please post any other questions... comments... etc.

TB

Level 8
Fighter's Guild

Well apparently my Girlfriend needs me to go out of town with her to see her grandmother -_- so that might add some additional wait time on my project.
So far plans are working out with amazing pace. The game style is unique and is truly fascinating. Here is progress percentage:

Terrain 90%
Units 85%
Triggers 60%
Abilities 90%
Items 95%
Layout 100%
Game Plan 100%
Total 88%
:infl_thumbs_up: It will most likely be done shortly after I get back from out of town.
Soon I'll explain the concept more in depth... Explaining the unique fighting system, the background story, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.