• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AOS] BotEF

Status
Not open for further replies.
205024-albums5493-picture62063.png

What's BotEF ?
BotEF or Battle of the Elves Forest is a Warcraft III Project based on an idea from Vladadamm and developated by Vladadamm (yes, that's me ^^')

Actual Phase : Alpha English
Last (playable) Version : 0.25

Everything began when orcs undertook to take the forest of the elves to prepare the invasion of the human lands. Orcs so exterminated most of the elves and shaved villages close pandarens.
While the war rages for months enter the Alliance of the free peoples against the "Horde" of the orcs supported by the armies of the undeads, today will take place a battle which will result in the final victory of the camp which will take the advantage. And you, mythical heroes taken in the middle of this battle, will have to lead your allies to the victory.

Systems :
Implanted / Implanting / Not Yet Implented
Systems :

Custom stun system (downloadable here)
Streaks system (by MortAr, downloadable here)
Revive system
Random/AllRandom system
Tavern Picking system
Custom Experience system

Others systems are being implanted or will be implanted soon.

None atm.

Modes List :
ap : All Pick, gives the possibility of picking any hero in any tavern.
Modes List :

ar : All Random, gives random heroes to every player.
Commands List :
-clear : clear the screen from game messages.
Commands List :

-ms : gives your hero's current movement speed.
-random : gives you a random hero. Works only between 10 and 60 seconds ingame and if you haven't picked an hero yet.

Map Progression
Items :
IIIIIIIIII
Map Progression

Heroes :
IIIIIIIIII
Wood :
IIIIIIIIII
Terrain :
IIIIIIIIII
Systems :
IIIIIIIIII
Modes&Commands :
IIIIIIIIII

Last edited:
Original heroes with new spells.
There will be some derive map into the map it-self. These maps will be hero arena, hero fun wars (like dota fun wars/dota tournament), a team slide, a castle defense and others.
Some originals systems, modes and commands (like the automatised commands and some others that will be in the map soon.)
Some very hard boss (to make in team) in the wood, with nice bonus to gain.
And some others things ^^

Level 26
Battle of the Elven Forest
Battle for the Elven Forest

but Elves' Forest sounds a bit awkward (plural of elf being elves already, simultaneously expressing possession and consecutive s-ending). Independently from that, what's up with the generic, crude, overused names lacking recall value like this, "War Conflict", "war over land".

Anyway, more information required. My reviews are usually longer than your presentation. What do I gain from knowing the modes without the basic gameplay being stated? What do your "derived maps" have to do with the main play? Are they executed as mini games during the game temporarily or can you choose them in the beginning as a replacement mode that only has heroes and such in common? If second, I would tell you to concentrate on the main mode, no use spreading the resources much and trying to suffice for all.

Is your "Wood"-progress bar indicating the detailed terraining? Or terrain layout concepts? Or things like neutral structures, bases, creeps that are inside the woods?

Not that I want to limit your possibilities but the spare amount of information, what you have shown and how you write makes it easy to assume that there is little special or rethought to huddled up things.

"Original heroes with new spells." is not an evidence for outstandingness. I do not expect any AoS to copy abilities unless they are parodies/spin-offs. You can score with sophisticated concepts (that you reason) or own thorough new-interpretations of the theme and genre. Do not just say it would be a modified AoS but a materialization of your personal aspiration.

y, i'll post some screens soon, i'll add some infos (like a terraining progress bar and some things about general gameplay)

Derived maps will be modes at the start with only human/orc opposition, heroes and items (in general) in common. But i'll concentrate on the aos and i'll create them later.

Wood-bar is for the progression of the neutral creep spot in wood (for farm wood)

I'm actually making my own custom spells. But it's possible that some spells will look like some others spells from others maps which i don't know.

I wouldnt worry about making it completely original in spell and heros. There are so many AoS out there, it is impossible to make anything original anymore.
Y, i know. But the map is most for frenchs than for others peoples, and when you see the french aos/heroes&armies/others which are for the majority bad coded and really unoriginal. So the map will be more and more original than the others french aos/heroes&armies/etc... (generally)

I upgraded map description a bit.

Before a new version will be post, i need to correct This Problem.

I added more and more things since the version 0.22b into the map : (traduct from french with a traductor, so there can be some mistakes=

0.23:
Important:
The earnings(gains) of xp were divided by 2. (We gain(win) no more than 50 % of xp at the place(square) of 100 %)
Addition of a new hero: the Priestess of the Moon
Addition of a new combination(overall) of item: mask of the Wizard Vampire
Addition of four new spots(spotlights) of creeps in the south forest: zombies, Zombies Mutants, Queen and Queen Maléfique.
Addition of a new mode of conditions of victory: - km XX (kill max / XX = a number: When a team will obtain this number of kills, she(it) will gain(win).)
Addition of a new mode of difficulty:-em (easy mode(fashion): increases the earnings(gain) of xp by 50 %)
Addition of a new mode of interface:-dd (display packing down: everything the damage imposed / successful by a hero is marked in the screen.)
Addition of a new command(order) of information:-tk (team kill: gives you the number of kills made by your team and deaths in your team. Also gives you ratio of your team)
Addition of a new command(order) automated by information:-atk and-desatk. (Further to the creation of the command(order)-tk.)
Addition of a piece of news(short story) commands(orders) to deactivate / reactivate the messages of streak:-smd one / off (having made "-smd off " no more message of the streak system will be posted(shown) in your screen. And it until you make(do) "-smd one ".)
We do not gain(win) more than 23points life by no strength.
We do not gain(win) more than 0,16de defense by no suppleness.
Addition of a new command(order) of admin (Vladadamm only):-end (ends the part(party) at once)
Hero:
Master(Teacher) - blade Sanglant:
The target of the Bloody Blow does not turn(shoot) any more during the knockback.
Liche:
The duration of the slowing down of the Nova de Glace (after the freeze) was lowered(dimmed) in 1,5secondes on the place(square) of 2secondes.
The duration of the slow dance of the Armor of Ice(Mirror,Ice cream) was lowered(dimmed) to 1,5/2/2,5/3 seconds on the place(square) of second 2,5/3/3,5/4.
The cost of mana of the Armor of Ice(Mirror,Ice cream) was gone(taken) up to 45/50/55/60 mana mana on the place(square) of 40/40/40/40.
Cooldown of the Armor of Ice(Mirror,Ice cream) was gone(taken) up to 20/17/14/11 seconds on the place(square) of second 20/16/12/8.
The cooldown of the Sphere of Ice(Mirror,Ice cream) was gone(taken) up in 100 / 90 / 80secondes to the place(square) of 80 / 65 / 50secondes.
The cost of mana of the Sphere of Ice(Mirror,Ice cream) was gone(taken) up in 200 / 240 / 280points of mana to the place(square) of 160 / 200 / 240points of mana.
The reach(impact) of the Sphere of Ice(Mirror,Ice cream) was lowered(dimmed) to 1000/1000/1000 on the place(square) of 1000/1250/1500.
The zone of effect of the waves of ice(mirror,ice cream) of the Sphere of Ice(Mirror,Ice cream) was lowered(dimmed) in 100 on the place(square) of 125.
The final zone of effect of the waves of ice(mirror,ice cream) of the Sphere of Ice(Mirror,Ice cream) was lowered(dimmed) in 225 on the place(square) of 250.
Master(Teacher) of Time(Weather):
The reach(impact) of the Tear of space-time was gone(taken) up to 1250/1500/1750/2000 on the place(square) of 1000/1200/1400/1600.
The cooldown of the Tear of space-time was lowered(dimmed) in 80 / 70 / 60 / 50secondes on the place(square) of 90 / 80 / 70 / 60secondes.
The position of gates(portals) on the mini-card(mini-map) is not any more marked.
Gameplay:
Anti Ally Attacking's system walks(works) now correctly.
The speed of travel(movement) of riflemen / hunter of head was lowered(dimmed) in 335 on the place(square) of 338.
The Warrior Skeleton which appears when we kill Warriors' Orcs Squelettes Spot(Spotlight) / Warriors Skeletons, spawn now in the position of the last unity(unit) of the spot(spotlight) (who die).
Lag caused by the use of the Circle of Flames was again reduced.
Bugs on the system of streak were removed(kidnapped).
An exploitable bug on the bonus of warriors' spots(spotlights) Skeletons was removed(kidnapped) which consisted in making his(her) warrior live again skeleton.
A bug on the automated command(order) AMS was removed(kidnapped).
Ground:
The ground at the level of the spots(spotlights) of Blue / Red Corrupt Guards and the Indomitable was slightly worked again to make more difficult the passage line / wood and so the chances of escape by side-shops. (Addition of trees)
Interface:
The icons of the wood and the food were replaced no icons of hourglasses.
The interface of the collections(quests) was improved (texts).
The size(cutting) of the text floating deny was gone(taken) up to 13.00 on the place(square) of 12.00.
Other:
Tirlititi and Fulldragon was added in the credits for their multiple helps(assistants) on the map.
Pyritie ( @hiveworhshop.com ) was added in the credits for its models.
An exploitable spam by the player 1 in the beginning of part(party) was removed.

Level 6
Change the colour of your implanted Systems from blue to something readable, green will do a great job. Your map isn't in English, make the translation a priority, it's will help you to find testers and receive feedback. I understand what you've write but it's horribly written.

Everything began when orcs undertook to take the forest of the elfs to prepare the invasion of the human lands. Orcs so exterminated most of the elfs and shaved villages close pandarens.
While the war rages for months enter the Alliance of the free peoples against the "Horde" of the orcs supported by the armies of the undeads, today will take place a battle which will result in the final victory of the camp which will take the advantage. And you, mythical heroes taken in the middle of this battle, will have to lead your allies to the victory.

Yellow: weird sentences
Red: typing errors

Level 6
Priestess hero feedback: Your line nuke, With the starfall effect. It seems it can easily be avoided. Simply increase its rate of decent and stuff I think that could be effective :). I like your Lunar Circle spell the most. your ultimate goes well with skill 1 and skill 3 but the heal/mana spell might not fit this hero imho. Maybe could find another supportful idea to replace it with.
Paladin hero feeback: I think I can agree he feels like a paladin class. A Concern I have is if the "Holy regeneration" spell uses % methods to heal and damage or raw damage. Because in AoS maps or atleast alot of them later in the game characters can get pretty strong.

The Falling Wave (need to find an english name for this one) is avoidable but it's kinda spammable (10sec cd), so it's not that bad. Also, the falling time is : 0.40sec for the first star, 0.80sec for the second, 1.20sec, 1.60sec, 2.00sec. I should maybe increases a bit the falling speed. Me too i like the Lunar Circle, a very good tactical spell ^^ With some knockback it can be very nice. I should replace this Heal by something else ^^

The paladin's holy regeneration's heal/damages are in raw damage.
For the paladin, the combination was Shield + Holy Regeneration, you can heal yourself or your allies without being stunned or anything else ^^

Edit : The falling time is now like this : 0.32sec - 0.64sec - 0.96sec - 1.28 sec - 1.60sec

Level 6
I love hero concepts their one of my favorites to work on.
Yeah it shouldnt be UN-dodgeable thats for sure :) but it is a little slow. Yeah circle can be really useful, tactical and fun to play. damage as a consequence for running through it is high but still with a knockback feature or maybe even a very high slow for a very short duration so its like a speed-bump effect also, this could keep them in the circumference for longer if entering resulting in punishment from your other spells or other characters or slowing them if they try to or need to exit the circumference making it gank-sabby.

Also, The paladins 3rd and 4th skill synergy is definately great. It seems the Paladin has durability, average damage, and a high-demand for mana regeneration. Paladin is also a staple for team-fights or group-battles.
When designing hero's or characters I try to use a "give and take" method. Gives and takes. a take being the paladin needing to buy himself mana improvements to really make the most of his abilities.

Last edited:
I love hero concepts their one of my favorites to work on.
Yeah it shouldnt be UN-dodgeable thats for sure :) but it is a little slow. Yeah circle can be really useful, tactical and fun to play. damage as a consequence for running through it is high but still with a knockback feature or maybe even a very high slow for a very short duration so its like a speed-bump effect also, this could keep them in the circumference for longer if entering resulting in punishment from your other spells or other characters or slowing them if they try to or need to exit the circumference making it gank-sabby.

Also, The paladins 3rd and 4th skill synergy is definately great. It seems the Paladin has durability, average damage, and a high-demand for mana regeneration. Paladin is also a staple for team-fights or group-battles.
When designing hero's or characters I try to use a "give and take" method. Gives and takes. a take being the paladin needing to buy himself mana improvements to really make the most of his abilities.
Paladin's ultimate is maybe a bit overpowered, since it can be casted on any ally hero, but it's true that it makes a good support in team fights. Also, a combination Priestess - Paladin can be fun, since priestess can block while paladin uses his 3rd spell + PotM's starfall =D (and that make an holyshit ^^)

Many tactics are imaginable, and that's what make a game fun.

And for the moment, i can't really do balancing, since i kept only those 2heroes from the old version. Most of the other ones were unoriginal or buggy ^^, the terrain isn't redone, translations, main systems, etc... too.

I'll try to do many things the 2 nexts weeks with holidays.

Also, the main point i try to work on with the next version is a dynamic gameplay with teamplay and everything else.

Level 6
Targeted invulnerability sounds a little imbalanced. But I get the idea behind it so step 1 would be to find a halfway-point between the purpose of the ultimate and the current ultimate. For example, Turn it into if targeted on an ally then it becomes a channeling spell lasting for the time channeled (If channel gets interupted target loses invuln) And If targeted on the Paladin himself it will just gain the invulnerability himself for the duration. That was just an example. Francais===>English :D

(x)Item recipes ingrediants should be listed not in the item name but in the item description
(x)The priestess hero is very mana reliant also. being an inteligent char she could get her abilities to cost some less mana. especially if a new concept is created in palce of the heal/mana ability.

Last edited:
Many changes occured since the last online version, and now she don't need so much mana ^^

Also, your idea for the paladin's ultimate is not that bad. I was more thinking about reducing duration, cd and manacost, to make the spell less imba but still very useful (3-4-5 seconds of Invulnerability for 150-175-200 mana and 30 seconds cooldown ?)

Level 6
Invulnerability is somewhat considered off-limits. it has to be handled right. thats all. If you wanted to maybe keep it targetable then I would go with something more like. (2.5/3/3.5, 150+ish mana with a lower end cooldown like you suggested. because its a low cdish spell and to keep it not that imbalanced, 3.5 seconds of 0 damage makes you god for 3.5 seconds so its still iffy. but that would be further balanced imo. the increase of duration should be sorta small and start significant.

Sry for double posting, but i've finished the "big lines" of the map :
205024-albums5493-picture57203.png

What do you think of that ?

Right bot will be the Hero Selection (the zone is bigger than before since i'll add some visual effects after the hero choice)

In Grey are the three lanes (on the side lanes, they're would be some sideshops), and in green on the lines are the principal wood access.

Level 6
Good plan with the mid jungle even later you can come up with other ideas to add into the map area :D. Making me excited though. Are you gonna have heros sold from a building?

Level 6
:D Its good to see your diligence towards the terraining section of the map! The further you get the closer you get. I am looking forward to working on this in any way I can.

After 1 month without touching the editor more than some hours without doing anything except thinking about theory due to lazyness, i think i'll continue the map. with the help of some of my clan members, and space_ship's too if he doesn't have his virus anymore and still wants too.

Also, there are places for Terrainers, Coders, Beta Testers, etc... if some wants.

Level 6
I have another laptop that I am using for the world editor I can still contribute but I dont got skype on this. Welcome back.

Status
Not open for further replies.