• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Battle For The Summit

Opinion on this map and it's ideas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
BSLogo.png

943683_10200417862428385_1360105006_n.jpg

Genre:Aos/Hero Arena/Objective based/Role based/Creeping

Trailer:

Map Description: Fight for the summit in a ravaging battle versus other players, 2v2v2v2v2 team fight guaranteeing no one-sided battles, Original heroes, in the center a boss will spawn, being random out of 5 different bosses, to win you need to reach a certain score through various means, killing enemies or bosses, damaging units, activating runes or doing little sidequests!

Gameplay:
There are 4 Layers to the Circle
1006021_10200465918269751_1188520622_n.jpg

Outer Layer Where the Creeps and side quests will reside
3rd Layer Where the Team creeps will push and where the Unit Upgraders Reside
2nd Layer Where Runes will spawn
Boss Layer Where, obviously, the bosses will reside
Each Unit Upgrader is on the 3rd Layer
971203_10200465932950118_975334353_n.jpg

The creeps on the 2nd Layer will follow a path 2 ways to destroy the opposing teams Unit up-grader preventing their units from spawning, and lso letting your units in that particular way go and approach the Boss

Progress:
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Systems:
IIIIIIIIII
Heros:
IIIIIIIIII
Items:
IIIIIIIIII
Mini-Quests:
IIIIIIIIII
Terrain:
IIIIIIIIII
Other Stuff (UI, LS, BGM):
IIIIIIIIII

Units Roles:

Rune Catcher:

The heroes that mostly reside in the 2nd ring layer of the map getting runes as they spawn and their using them or storing them in bottles and giving them to their team mate
===================
-Rune Golem
===================

Player Hunter:
The type of hero that traverses the entire map attacking the enemy heroes and preventing them from performing their role while stacking up points
===================
-Burning Spearman
-Skeletal Archer
-Undead Beserker
===================

Creeper:
The Hero that spends most of the time in the outer layer hiding in the FOW providing EXP and Gold for his ally
===================
-Undead Beserker
===================

Boss Killer:
The type of Hero that faces off against the boss being able to deal massive damage to them and gaining gold and points for the team by finishing the boss
===================
-Skeletal Archer
===================

Supporter:
The Type of hero that assists all other types with healing and stat boosting abilities
===================
-Divine Ranger
-Rune Golem
===================

Tank:
The Hero that goes first and withstands all of the damage, usually tanking the boss for an ally or The creeps in order to push to the unit production
===================
-Undead Beserker
===================

Changelogs:

NONE

Videos/Screenies Etc.

Terrain:

901092_10200417863308407_439361114_o.jpg

1008819_10200417863908422_38399333_o.jpg

1085043_10200417863948423_1583839513_o.jpg

Facebook Page HERE

Other Things:

Hero Videos:

Burning Spearman:

Undead Beserker:

Divine Ranger and Skeletal Archer

Ronin

Author notes:
Code:
*Will be working on this project for a bit probably till the first version is finished!
*NON Anime map, first ever by me!
*All heros will be original and hopefull will have unique gameplay

Last edited:
Level 28
Sounds kinda cool and a non-anime map from 10th??? BLASPHEMY!

Anyway the terrain need more love but heck i'm excited on the heroes' spells, you'll code all of them right?

EDIT:

You might want to improve your description just to attract people, for some reason most of them our description freaks.(As in they won't care about your project if they don't like the description. Damn.)

Level 8
Sounds kinda cool and a non-anime map from 10th??? BLASPHEMY!

Anyway the terrain need more love but heck i'm excited on the heroes' spells, you'll code all of them right?

EDIT:

You might want to improve your description just to attract people, for some reason most of them our description freaks.(As in they won't care about your project if they don't like the description. Damn.)

Yeah the terrain is just initial, i'm just going to work on it more after finishing the system fully so it wont interrupt the game play, i'll try adding more into the description soon, also i've added a couple of videos and made the overeall presentation more appealing xD and yeah i will be triggering the majority of the spells unless i can do them easily with wc3 defaults, like passive hp regens

Level 8
Burning Spearman ROCKS .\,,/

But the I would prefer if you'll change the first skill, unit-target spell is kinda OP for arena map since players can't evade it.

Heh well the map isn't entirely arena, the Heros will be split into different classes with different rolls and Burning spearman is a Player Hunter type, Q for chasing them down, W for slowing them and T for trapping them, i'll add more about this in the description

Edit:Added classes

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I like the idea of the map and the heroes so far seem interesting. As for the terrain, I'd suggest cutting the tree size in half or at least by 35% cause when they are this large, the LQ textures really shine through and sometimes they even disrupt vision. I know you said you are going to focus on terrain later but I'll just advise you to make the layers more defined (by adding walls or rocks on the sides, sort of like a barrier to show where the layer ends and some space between layers)

Level 8
I like the idea of the map and the heroes so far seem interesting. As for the terrain, I'd suggest cutting the tree size in half or at least by 35% cause when they are this large, the LQ textures really shine through and sometimes they even disrupt vision. I know you said you are going to focus on terrain later but I'll just advise you to make the layers more defined (by adding walls or rocks on the sides, sort of like a barrier to show where the layer ends and some space between layers)

Hmm i'll try re-sizing the trees though i need the to pull off the effect i intended, i will be adding a camera command to raise the camera to whatever the user needs so if they feel it's too low they can hire it as they please, Yeah I've been feeling that about the layers as well, i may just add some Force walls around the edges to imply them though i may add some stuff in the layers to flesh them out a lot more since they are rather bland at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.