• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weapon Removal - Using War3ModelEditor

Level 3
DIFFICULT
5/10 - Medium
REQUIREMENTS
World Editor

Magos War3ModelEditor: Download Here
It's quite simple, I know there is already a tutorial about this, but this one is simplier and easier to understand...

Opening the Model with War3ModelEditor

Download and Run War3ModelEditor by Magos.
Once there press "Windows" and "MPQ Browser"

A New window will appear:

Once there press "File" and "War3.mpq"
A list of models will appear and there you must search your model.

In this tutorial I gonna use the footman model:
Units -> Human -> Footman -> Footman.mdx (double tap it)

Weapon Removing

Here's the most frustating part... The weapon removal.

Once you have your model opened go to: "Windows" -> "Model Editor"
A new window will appear with your model in wired mode.
Look at the bottom left square (+X/Y) it will be easier.

Now you must select the red dots that are modeling the sword. (It's a bit frustating.)

After selecting all correctly go to "Transformations", "Scalling" once a new window appears set the X Y Z, from "Scalling" box (Default value: 1), to 0 then press OK.

You're done the weapon has been removed!
Now save your model.

Applying the Model to a unit in World Editor

Once you have your model saved open World Editor and then Import Manager.
Import your Model.
To apply the model to an unit, open the object editor, choose the unit you want to change, and find "Art - Model" once there double tap it and choose the your custom model in "Imported Models"

That's it...
Really Basic.

Good Luck.

Level 24
It takes up much less space, and is easier to simply alpha the skin. Also, the difficulty on this is closer to a 1 than a five. Also, attach all images to your post. Still, keep writing tutorials, and don't be worried that I'm not thrilled with this one.

Seeing as there is already a tutorial about this, it seems gratuitous to make another, especially on a topic so simple.

Why don't you just use Oinkerwinkle tools? It's less frustrating :p.

Magos's is hardly frustrating at all in this case.

Level 3
I'm happy to know that you liked it in general ;P

The other tutorial seems to be a bit more confusing because of the high number of required tools.
I just made this to make it simplier and using just a tool that almost everyone knows and have, it's simplier than the other way, as you're using only 1 tool to do all the steps that other tutorial shows in 3 - 4 tools.