• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing Team Glow VERY QUICKLY

You want heroes without the team glow, but you are a noob WITHOUT ANY knowledge in modeling?

So, read this tutorial and you learn how to do this in a few seconds.

1 - Download the War3model Editor here:
http://www.resources.hiveworkshop.com/?id=2&s=tools

2 - Open your model with the mpq browser (fig1)
3 - Go Windows/Model Editor
4 - Select the square envolving the hero and his weapon (fig2)
5 - Go Transformation/Scaling
6 - Set the values as the fig3 is showing., then press ok.

It is done (fig4), you have removed the team glow of an hero in just 30 seconds.

Coment this tutorial here, tell me whats you think of it.

Attachments

• Fig1.JPG
    Fig1.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 146
  • Fig2.JPG
    Fig2.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Fig3.JPG
    Fig3.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Fig4.JPG
    Fig4.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 141
Level 32
Recommended Improvements:

This tutorial is quite helpful for beginners although it is rather brief. I think it could be polished up a little bit and would then be far more useful.

As Fl4meS pointed out, you may wish to include an additional example.

Would it be desirable to include some additional steps?
  • (2) Export a model from your war3 or war3x.mpq
  • (Last) Import the model into your map and apply it to a specific unit.
I seem to recall from some of your posts in the past that you are Brazilian: you probably speak Portuguese as your native language and so your spelling of English words could be better:
Ham Ham said:
envolving...Coment

Like many people that I have met on line who use English as a second language, for the most part, you manage rather well.
An extremely helpful tool (for everyone) can be found at thefreedictionary.com.

If you use Internet Explorer to view this site, an optional browser plug-in is available to assist you in the php editor:
spelling.gif

Ham Ham said:
F the A! of who was created the Dota!

Even though your signature is brief, you might consider detaching it from this particular post.

The moderators of this forum will decide if and when this tutorial is to be approved. Thanks for submitting it!

Level 7
This can fiz the problem for models yes but it will not always be that easy.Do this to the demon hunter and tell me how long it took you :).

Level 11
If you're having trouble with spelling, you can also use Firefox as well. It comes with a built-in spelling checker. If you misspell a word, it will underline it in red and if you left-click a misspelled word, it will recommend corrections for the word.

About the tutorial. I don't know too much about modeling so I can't tell if everything is done properly and as easily as possible. However, I'm pretty sure you're able to include the pictures directly in the post wherever you want them. This would be helpful as pictures could be placed right after each step so people could more easily refer to what they're supposed to be doing.

I can agree with the others in that you should include an additional example, perhaps one with the hero glow positioned in a different spot from the Arthas model. Anyways, I hope people can find this tutorial useful.

I have posted another images of another two situations.

As you can see... the concept is always the same:
Strange squares, or lines arround the hero.

EDIT:

Do this to the demon hunter and tell me how long it took you

This tutorial just removes team glows of simple units, but if you wish to remove advanced glows, follow the tutorial inside the Model Editor.

Attachments

• Wyrm Points.JPG
    Wyrm Points.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Wyrm NoGlow.JPG
    Wyrm NoGlow.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 97
  • MountainKing NoGlow.JPG
    MountainKing NoGlow.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 77
Level 32
This tutorial is informative but is rather brief. It requires more specific examples and greater detail.

Ham Ham, I recommend that you combine your many creative ideas into one larger, more detailed tutorial including all of your helpful tips. Title it "Ham Ham's Map Making Guide" or something similar.

~Thread moved.