• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Toy Soldiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Toy Soldiers - New overwork shooter map

maps_16560_preview.jpg

Step by step, heart to heart, left right left
We all fall down like toy soldiers
Bit by bit, torn apart, we never win
But the battle wages on for toy soldiers

Features:
- shooter map, in conclussion it's mix of various FPS games given into WarCraft3
- great for LAN party
- fast-paced action
- 5v5 gameplay
- Bomb/Defuse mode and Zombie mode
- realtime, round-based gameplay
- takes just few moments to learn how to play (if you ever played ET it will be piece of cake for you)
- 7 unique classes to choose from, even if it's very similar to play with every class, everyone has got another pros/cons
- more types of ammunition, not just one per weapon
- hiding in trees and bushes, giving it realistic touch
- 4 types of grenades, airstrike, artillery barrage
- unique 3D positional sound, also walking sounds (like in Counter-Strike)
- still in development so things may change (any suggestions you give I take in consideration)

Software for better gaming experience:
- Warcraft 3 Delay reducer
- Advanced Visual Custom Kick ™
- Playing on Garena

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,013
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 2,152
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 1,644
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 1,167
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,121
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 902
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 1,008
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 801
Last edited:
Level 11
Really cool map, I played it online and it's a lot of fun
Most of things in here are unique and very original, I haven't seen them before in any other map
The physic engine is seriously awesome, I can not belive this is all done in warcraft, I am stunned!

I suggest this to anyone, give it at try, you won't regret it :]

Level 3
Wow... I played that map yesterday I was probably in that game you took the screenshots... I remember that users ;), it is cool but there is a problem on it...

The Following Camera, it doesn't let me see the enemies more far away, for example, if you're a sniper you can't do your job because of the little range you can see your enemies...

Make a command to take off the following camera or make it higher.

P.S: "Toy" Soldiers is just a poetic name... Because the game itself, it's a bit violent :)

Level 8
How about giving you the ability to jump from higher to lower ground? (taking damage based on fall obviously) Also the stationary turrets are CRAZY! After the round end, they are still there the next round? I planted like 3 of them at the spawning point and people where killed when they spawned.

Level 20
Well you should maybe improve tooltips and change some of icons. Theres no enough description for a class when you select it and some of the icons were missleading. Scout icon was more likely Sniper icon. And scoreboard would be very good.

Also QWE hotkeys are a lot easie than ZXC.

Level 11
1.15 is up!
Quite many changes have been done. Well see for yourself the changelog.
Some thing may still not work as they should so let me know as soon as possible so I can fix them.
Also I nearly forgot that ASD hotkeys somehow collide with customkeys.txt in Warcraft3 folder. Now they are QWEZXC (still subject to change).
It consumed me a lot of time so I am taking a break for some time now. Enjoy anyway!

ps: I played the map when being high and lsd effect was an glorious experience!!

Last edited:
Level 20
Ok im gonna test it right now.

Btw VCK (Advanced Visual Custom Kick ™ Main) is like Delay Reducer, but it has a lot more features. Kick, speedstart, automatic modes, autorefresher, delay reducer and something else that I cant remember. :/

Tested it and I think that we found few bugs:
- One of our players have TWO corpses and so we couldnt lose.
- We spammed turrets at our base for 3 rounds and then camped there. It was like 50 turrets, so it would be good if turrets and barrels are removed on the beginning of each round.
- Sniper kills with one shot. Maybe it should take only 80% hp or someting. Instant kill sucks.

EDIT:
-Swap it bugged. -.-

Whenever I use it, it makes all players to unally everyone and they spawn at Team1 point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
yeah
Well, it is very hard to find a lot of bugs for myself, I apologize for that, since I can't host on bnet nor GGclient/Garena is working for me.

btw thank you
I already fixed the stuff in your previous post, I will release the new version soon (in 1 or 2 days).

:)

ps: perhaps you could send me pm to arrange a game on bnet?

Level 20
Increase gold cost of all class. Also make moregold classes to be more powerfull, so then players have to save gold for one round to get a better class. Also bounty for kills, maybe 20-40g, would be nice.

EDIT
And regeneration spawns and heals too quickly. Also the rune should be green, because green is the color of the hit points. :s

And my friend told that the terrain could be better. Start zones have no tile variation at all and are completely flat and boring.

Last edited:
Level 7
I tried your map and it reminds me off ET great to see a game like that :grin:
i thnk its cool you made ammo thing, but the map needs some different terrains. Its boring playing the same every time

Level 11
Thanks! The actual plan for me is doing something like : terrain = mode. That means every terrain will have its own unique gameplay mode. The new terrain will be either bomb/defuse or escape, where attackers have to reach some region and defenders have to stop them + they will have some starting time to set up defences (turrets,barricades,barrels...).

EDIT:
TS v1.18 is up; follow dl link!!

Last edited:
Level 11
I am copying this from map comments 'coz I think nobody reads there..

Thank you guys! You gave me a kick that helps me continue on this.:cute:

Could you please screenshot it and PM it me? The ui is made to be black but it bugs sometimes for me (the armor icon at unit is crossed by black line or buff icon is bugged), dunno why :\.

-I am not adding any new class soon because I think we already have a good count of them.
-I will not make a CTF mode (it wouldn't worked well with round system). But Bomb/Defuse and Escape sounds very interesting (even Defuse seems to classic) and I might do them.
-I am thinking about adding for weapons for choose. Like Marine could choose from Assault Rifle/Submachine gun...And Recon from Shotgun/Combat Shotgun or something...
Right now Medic is using Submachine gun (like Rifle but less damage/more bullets).
What do you think?
-Also I am not in making the options for host to change game properties like count of rounds or count of grenades etc...A map selection handle this. Every mode had has its own game properties, because of balance issues.

btw: I started doing Bomb/defuse mode, random attacker player will get bomb and have to put in on one from 2 or maybe 3 possible areas. Yet I have to make up the defusing :)

Level 15
An extreemely good map, but i noticed that in singleplayer, computers no in the game spawns...

An idea for a mode: Caravan protection

An team will be Defenders, and the other one Attackers. At the attackers base, a car or something like that will spawn. As long as there is units around the caravan, it will move towards the defenders. If the caravan bomb thing reaches the defenders base within the time limit, it will explode, and the attackers win.

Just an idea :)

Level 40
Had a few complaints in regards to this when I tried it on BNet a while back, but the main ones I can remember are

• You have absolutely no time to find out what's going on.
  • Destructable/doodad collision only sometimes works (for example, I shot through the windmill at one point).
  • The locked camera was annoying as hell.
  • It was hard to see anything due to the fact that everything was extremely dark.
  • It picked a class for me automatically, and well before the class selection was over.
  • (Probably fixed by now, this was a bit ago) A leaver's "class picker" wasn't removed, thus the round didn't end when we all died.

Level 11
thank guys!

you all gave me some ideas how to improve a lot of problems you mentioned
btw strange UI graphic glitch is already fixed with a lot of other problems

the leavers thing, well i am trying to fix it for very long time, but seems it still do something it shouldn't

locked camera actually is really good for window mode, because its problem scrolling without it, it is something that i am not going to change

about the collision problem - whole map (actual terrain named "candy box") is more like testing one, i will fix it later as i add more terrains

i tested 1.19 on bnet; bomb mode is working well now but newcomers seem to doesnt get how to play it (perhaps they haven't played Counter-strike, oh well :p)

upcoming version should be more and more playable, so be patient :)

cheers

Level 24
It's been over a weak
Its spelled "week" :D

Well i gotta say its a nice map and i enjoy playing the map, but i slightly dislike the terrain layout. The middle part is too shrinked making it like a corridor. The terrain for the bases is also a little boring and not to mention that the cliff level should be raised rather then lowered because you should have a slight advantage of staying in base (but not for camping ofc).
Else i like the map and its systems, the ally orbs are really usefull and nicely made.

{EDIT}
Lol i found some shrooms.

Btw add some difference in killmessage for teamkills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Yeah, shrooms are magic!
I've played some games today on Azeroth and it was really cool! Teamwork and all, and they were newcomers.
But still there are some minor bugs (radar seems to show enemies when ppl leave and satellite do server splits) but it's close to release!

btw the bases are lowered because it motivates ppl to attack as camping there is rather bad idea.

Level 11
Ok guys because I will not have time this week for mapping this I had to release it today.
I apologize for some known and old bugs : leavers mess most of things (radar=balls around you, end round conditions) and satellite server-splitting (probably bug of local fog of war).
Anyway I reworked Operator class a bit and already have ideas to make marine more than just "ECO" class. Yet no new terrains sorry, but I had idea of redoing terrain similar to DE_DUST2 from CS or something. If you have any idea (best would be in graphic form) for new terrains DON'T hesisate to post them.

Thanks in advance and I wish you good luck with new TS 1.20 release. ;)

Level 15
Would be kinda hard having tunnels and such, but i think, if possible, you could use bridges for the roof, the places where you can walk on the roof. But another thing would then be, how to make the roof/bridge invible to the guys under it, but not to all other? And how to make units above/under you "not exist". If you wonna mess around with it, do as you want. But else, i would recoment you to take another terrain.

another way, wich i just thought of, could be having seperate parts of the terrain. So when in going into the tunnel, you will get moves to a "In tunnel" part.

Sorry for my bad english in this post, but i cant really hit the right buttons on my keyboard, because it's damn cold, and im freezing :S

Level 7
Are you freezing? wel its also &%¤ cold

But lets stick to the topic
I really love the map :D But i think (if possible) that you should make a trigger that let players turn of radar, its anoying sometimes.
And if you are gonna make a new terrain i think you just have to make whole new map or just redo the terrain and save it as
Toy Soldiers Forest (the current terrain)

Level 8
Toy-Soldiers!!!! :thumbs_up:
I love the map. Very sad it´s not overhosted at Europe. (Public Games)
I really like it. You did great work.

Level 3
I've played this many times with my friends, and i love it, havent played it so much anymore, but it was super, last time i played it... the only problem was the poor vision of the sniper, im a sniper in many games and i love sniping, but that was sorta poorly made in the Toy Soldiers :/ but it's a good map, ppl should try it out.

Level 3
Btw, i tought it would be cool to have a class called Commando or something, that would have some stealthy skills and something like this:
Has 2 modes: Fire mode and melee mode. (Melee deals more damage but requires the unit to be on melee range) Fire mode deals less damage but allows the commando to be further away.

Swift Walk: (Like wind walk but without dmg) The Commando runs with massive speed and is invisible while moving (not when standing still)

Assassination: Melee range skill. The Commando tries to assassinate the target, it deals great damage and has a 5% chance to instantly kill the enemy target.

Fitness Training: Passive Movement speed increase, also increases the health slightly.

Heavy Armor: Decreases the amount of damage taken by %'s.

Status
Not open for further replies.