• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #13: Poll

Who is your winner of Terraining Contest #11

• [url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1998485-post440.html]Brambleclaw[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
the%20hive%20workshop.png

terraining.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
3.png

poll.png

133407-albums3940-picture49259.jpg

Fictional World Wonder
Feats of extraordinary engineering or aesthetic skill; participants are to design a fictional structure that is quite literally wondrous to behold

Welcome to the poll for Terraining Contest #13! Please read through the rules before voting!

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
prizes.png

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

judges.png
contest%20judging.png

Creativity
Measurement of displayed creativity in terms of execution and/or concept (theme)./15

Detail
Measurement of detail in design and overall detail balance. Impurities include rough edges, deficiency in execution, and general disorder./15

Technique
Measurement of executional quality, techniques, tricks and overall terraining capacity./15

Aesthetic
Overall quality of the terrain in terms of appearance./20
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 26
tough choice. there are some great pictures in there. my top 3 were fladder, johanser and l2love. In the end i chose l2love because fladder's was simply that advanced sentry tower over and over again. and while i liked the scope of johanser's entry, and how much dark atmosphere it had. i felt that it was too dark and didnt have enough contrast. More of a 'picture composition' problem than a terrain problem. but his had the potential to be the best. and l2loves was great. massive scope. big ass floating chained up city in the sky. good colors and saturation and blah blah.

Level 7
Johannesr, I am in awe...your entry is the best! Didn't enter this coz I lost motivation halfway though >.>

Very nice terrains overall, I chose Johannesr's because it's quite obvious he put a lot of work into it...Didn't know lighting could have such a huge impact on the overall feeling of a terrain before I came to this thread :thumbs_up:.

Level 15
Well here's my opinion to the terrains that really caught my eye.

Azurot's terrain - Iam guessing this is White Forest with the combine citadel explosion on the far back.

L2Love's terrain - Yours remind me of place somewhere in the Chrono Triggers world.

Oziris's terrain - feels like Pandora to me, with those huge trees.

johannesr's terrain - Looks familiar, i know i saw something like this in wow, about a huge spacecraft filled with draeneis that crashed on azeroth, but more starcraftish.

fladdermasken's terrain - At first look, i thought this aint warcraft III cause the terrain is sooo Command & Conquer tiberian wars cinematic like, but after i saw a familiar model, it was warcraft.

Anyhow, johannesr's terrain got my vote. I just loved starcraft like cities. Sorry guys. :l

Level 7
@fladdermasken - pretty nice shit :ogre_hurrhurr:

though my top 6 is:
6. alagremm
5. brambleclaw
4. eubz
3. kays
2. fallast
1. oziris
id like to vote for all of you, but i obviously cant... idk, im gonna see whos getting my vote :D :ogre_hurrhurr:

anyway, pretty nice contest, good job all of you!

2-P

2-P

Level 8
I'll vote for fladder because he asked me to via PM.

Oziris' entry caught my interest. What's the story behind your wonder? (If there is one) Does it have any special meaning? What's up with the blue lights?!? I NEED TO KNOW!

If you heard about the Pyramids that are suppose to activate in Egypt when the 2012 apocalypse starts. The power of those pyramids which were left by an advanced unknown generation, possibly some higher class then the Pharaohs, not gods, but let me call them Aliens which helped us build those giant pyramids and showed power we couldn't describe in that time, pharaohs could start fire out of nothing in their hands. So, as the years went by, 2012 came and when all hope was about to be lost and the world was about to end, the Pyramids activated, cleansing the world of evil within humans. Showing that nature is the only savior of man kind from self destruction and make our kind learn to live with nature, not to work against it.

That's the story from my perspective, more science-fictional, but there is some truth behind it.

Thanks for the votes people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.