• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #6: The First Invasion ~ The Poll

Which hero do you find the most capable to defend the elven city?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Or the balances,mine is too much powerful :(

Not that big, its the usual with more well known gets votes, more effects also earns :smile:

Balance, theme, idea and so forth doesn't really get those voters who doesn't take the time to comment with reasons.

(Not saying I don't like Kobas myself :wgrin: But the above it part of pattern that usually consist with Hive contests - hence why I liked the suggestion/idea there was some time ago about only those who commented had votes that counted).

Its always about popularity and personal biases/preferences, even in real life contests... :)

A lot of times, people just take a fast look then vote when it comes to free voting... They choose the one that gives that strong, first look impact... In a contest like this, the thing that gives a strong, first look impact is aesthetics since that is what you see right away... :)

We can maybe suggest to lower the effect of votes if people really want to do something about it, because that is the easiest and most doable method... (if my memory is serving me right) Removing the poll was actually been suggested before...

Level 14
Its always about popularity and personal biases/preferences, even in real life contests... :)

A lot of times, people just take a fast look then vote when it comes to free voting... They choose the one that gives that strong, first look impact... In a contest like this, the thing that gives a strong, first look impact is aesthetics since that is what you see right away... :)

We can maybe suggest to lower the effect of votes if people really want to do something about it, because that is the easiest and most doable method... (if my memory is serving me right) Removing the poll was actually been suggested before...

Removing the poll was actually been implemented. Last mini-mapping contest had no poll, terraining contest too. No idea why this contest does. But anyway, it's a nice poll. It's up to the judges to decide whether they will follow it or not.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
It's really more of a culture-thing, here. Not sure how to combat it, honestly. I do kinda like the "only commented votes get picked", although I also think the Schulze method would allow for preferences and ranking.

Honestly, I'm just trying to figure out if anyone has actually voted for me specifically (as in they liked my hero), or if I have 8 votes completely from "vote for everyone" voters... :< I appreciate the votes either way, but I'd like to think someone actually looked at my hero. :p

Level 35
Okay, got done with my votes and reasons - I write it as I was testing it, so sorry if I sound a bit harsh on some. Overall I had fun testing them all and discovering what ideas had sprung to life in the contest.

Lets get on with it :wsmile:

Dwarwen Enginers - christers:
While I see some potential in the hero idea, it doesn't work. The hero is very slow, the tower ability bugged out, the range limit makes him rather weak, even more so since he won't auto move to an attack distance. Simply the hero doesn't work as a melee map hero, and as such doesn't get my vote. I can see him working slightly when used in conjunction with other units, but even weak default heroes from Wc3 had some survivability.
I would have decreased cooldown for towers, made the towers themselves less powerful and made him a more fluid and fast hero to play with. Making him able to put up a fast defense in no time, yet not a lasting defense allowing for strategies to surround an enemy or block an armies path for a short while.

Incarnation of Elements - Xiliger:
The hero idea itself I can see working as a melee hero (if quite a bit of changes was made to it), however the execution is lacking. The tooltips are confusing and it took me a while to realize what was actually going on. It comes across as a little half hearted and somehow it doesn’t feel right, though I am a little put off as to why. Perhaps it’s the instant change between hero appearances with no transformation effects, changes to spells and so forth? Maybe it’s the spells tendency to draw a lot of agro from nearby enemies - not really a good thing - unless he was a lot more buff. He gets killed if not for the escape key to level up. There is also a strange mismatch with the power of the spells, compared to mana cost (thunder and earth especially). I am not really sure how this hero fits the theme.

Jack Frost, Guardian of Ice - Adiktus
This can be said rather simply: This is not a melee hero.. it is a super hero.. meaning that he is not balanced in the least to even resemble a melee hero. Level 1 of his first spell owns just about anything - it doesn't agro the enemy and you can kill just about anything with it.. add his other spells and he will destroy an army with ease. Besides that he is also quite generously stated. As this doesn’t follow the idea of the contest it cannot get my vote.

Flower Dryad - Juno
First off, I like the hero - or maybe I like the map - anyway I played it for a bit. The hero seems somewhat balanced for the map it is in, however I would find like to be able to test it in a more melee map scenario. The many allies around makes it harder to judge. My feeling is that the hero is slightly too powerful (if only thanks to the ultimate) and given that the ultimate ability is basically against the rules given the many abilities the summon features I am not going to vote for this hero. However I like it and I see synergy between the abilities which is a good thing. The entangle spell have some issues with not always targeting the nearby units, or sometimes targeting them a little at random. The effects of the healing spell is not quite clear to be, but I figure it works as intended. I find that the hero fits the theme well.

Nature's Raiment, An'da Grovemane - orcnet
This is quite the hero - It doesn't feel overpowered, its abilities a tad odd and it plays like a melee map hero, which I find important. The Skin Walk ability it the only weak link, given that it doesn't really seem to fit well with the rest and it doesn't give fully what it promises (movement speed seems to be almost the same, even if it was to boost it 300%). Natures grasp is also an odd ability, but against enemy heroes could be somewhat useful however adding AOE to it, would increase its usefulness. The map of course takes some credit for why this hero is a good one, given that it allows for testing it both in a hero defense manner and by taking on lone groups of enemies alone. A feature that might have been interesting was to allow the beam to both heal and damage at the same time, since as it is now its basically a death coil as a beam. In the end this hero could get my vote, though this hero suffers from some flaws in choice of abilities..

Cyrisse Moongrove, Arcane Priestess - En_Tropy
I liked this hero a lot and the choice of map - personally I consider that to make for fairer judgment all heroes should have been created on the same map - This map would be one of those I could have selected as a test map. One gets to play the melee map type with a twist and I like how well the hero performs. The abilities are nothing new and unique, but they work in conjunction with one another and it works well as a supporting hero with survivability. Only weak thing about this hero is the ability to shoot in every direction around the hero - while it is a useful spell, made even better by the stun to interrupt, it is somewhat lacking given that the hero is ranged, and as such it would be more effective if he could utilize this attack on range as well or alternatively make it fully function as an "escape ability" - it’s a little of both for now. Its however a minor complain and this hero also gets my vote.

Serengale, The Holy Paladin - Mr_Bean
The hero works well in a supporting role, though I had to add my own tweak to the map, as he dies to easy in the original making it difficult to judge him. I would recommend having slightly less pressure on him and an option to recruit more men - (I ended up using hours on this map just to try to conquer it.. which I did in the end :D by having towers around every spawn spot.). The main problem I have with this hero is not that he is a supporting hero primarily, its more that he is a human paladin, which doesn't really fit well into the theme, however I made a bullshit story for mine to fit it in, so I'll vote for this one as well.

The Archbishop - Lordkoon
The hero feels much as Serengale did (even one of the spells look almost exactly the same), except this one is the offensive version. The spells feels rather overpowered for a melee hero and its quite clear that he is able to survive just about anything as long as he has mana. Add to that, that one of his abilities allows him to walk outside map bounds hence getting away from just about anything - instant kill any enemy by using his ultimate on enemy instead of ally and that his ultimate is as sick as its is - he can't really get my vote. However I like the way the spells work together and the idea of the ultimate. It's just not a melee map hero. Again this guy is also a human… but well that has been said.

Doradin - Chaosy
Sadly the intro cinematic piss me off so much that I can't get myself to judge it, since I have to wait for so long for it to react. I do remember from when I compiled my list that the hero weren't among my favorites though.

Frost Sorceress - mckill2009
Besides being a human, which is somewhat odd - The sorceress have been disallowed from my vote from the beginning by not having any level requirements for abilities. Besides that she is far too weak - since she is clearly meant as a offensive mage her spells should pack a punch which they don't. Her frost blade ability works in interesting ways by pushing enemies into destructible doodads thus serve as an excellent clearing ability, but not a good offensive spell. I like the idea about, it just seems more funny then deadly.. no blood, no tearing - they just bounce off.
The ultimate is also far too weak, having trouble even killing 3 units..

Arrynok Frostglance, the Frost Herald - Luorax
I like that the map is set up too melee and that the hero doesn't feel overpowered - in fact he feels somewhat underpowered. He comes from the orc race, which I find somewhat out of place considering the theme, but the hero himself is fine. The thing with him is that he doesn't really have any effective kills spells - by effective I mean that the ice breaker misses often, the ice drop looks good on paper, but the fact that one has to target it twice in the center of battle can easily cost your hero his life. The effect of the frostnova I didn't really see come into play as the hero is too weak to be in close combat and succumbs easily to death. As such he doesn't really function well in the role he appears in, and I would have found him a much better match with some range and a less "targeted" ice drop.

The Shadow Warrior - Mephestrial
This is a fun hero to play, but he is by no means a melee map hero. He is overpowered to insane levels and his ultimate is sick - instant removal of any units near it - damn. So this basically means that even though I like playing as him, he doesn't get my vote. (The mana reduction - keep fighting idea is neat though - but would if he weren't so overpowered be rather impractical, instead he should gain mana from those units around him hit as well or something of that sort to ensure that he wouldn’t simply run out of juice all the time when trying to stay alive (not an issue in this version of him :p)).

The rest on this list had trouble being seen in WC3 itself, so had to go through the editor to try them - that is a minus right there, which means I won't be voting for them. (Re-download and restart of game / computer didn't make a difference).

Deathwing, Aspect of Death - Zenoth
The hero itself doesn't fit the theme (name of the hero entry basically says it - should have been Neltharion the Earth-Warder, if anything), but a bigger problem is that it doesn’t abide to the rules and has more than 6 abilities (in the form of the second unit - which features quite powerful spells that are not just sub spells). And he isn't a melee hero, which besides the overpowered state of the hero, can also be seen from how when he dies he spawns as another unit - same name/different abilities, but still counts as dead - hence one would be able to revive him.. kill him again and this spawn a fairly powerful army. The map lacks a revive function. The spells is somewhat interesting, while not being new - I do like the lava worms part of the spell. The rest of him is slightly odd and I find myself considering that he belongs on the site of the burning legion, not the defenders.

The Trapmaster, Fakker Plug - Kyousuke Imadori
A very very nice hero - with a set of spells that make for a fairly unique experience. Sadly he is also a hero that doesn't work in his role as a melee hero. He is quite weak on his own, the traps require placement a while before seeing action and as they also hit allies and oneself he doesn’t work in conjunction with an army. The chainsaw move is a very interesting ability and has a ton of different uses. Frankly I can see this hero work in a custom game mode of its own and with the many interesting abilities this hero offers, it’s a shame that the theme is a melee map hero. Good work.

Rovlen, Druid of the ages - Radamantus
Already from the beginning this hero breaks the rules, by making it a lvl 25 hero, with more than one level of the ultimate and more than 4 of the other abilities. Hence cannot get my vote. Besides that the hero is way to overpowered and cannot in any way be compared to a melee hero. The spells feel somewhat generic, though the ritual of the ages - lunar tower is a visually well made effect, it lacks an effect on those it affects.

The Nightwalker - Kyrbi0
The hero isn't overpowered and plays similar to a melee hero - his abilities (ultimate) aren't among the strongest I've seen, but it's okay. He serves as some brute force, however he is lacking a little in the way of getting out of a sticky situation. Main problem with him is that I doubt that werewolves helped defend against the burning horde… and the other that his spells is basically just the standard spells without any twist or visual effects.

Ancient of Stone, Strone - Meepo
The idea of a revived stone giant fits the theme well (even if the idea has been often used). The hero itself doesn’t feel overpowered, though the reduction does make it one tough beast - still the damage it deals evens it out. Main problem with this hero is that the abilities doesn't really fit it - only one that connects to the facts that it’s a giant stone golem is the slam ability, which would have looked even better if connected with an animation, however it works. The rest of the abilities however seems rather random and one of them I would have placed as a passive from the beginning, since to me makes little sense that he can upgrade what he already is (stone). The tooltips also feature some problems, and does make understanding a bit trickier.

Wyronus, the Lieutenant of the Green Dragonflight - WerePhoenix
While I do feel that his race is a little misplaced on the side of the defenders I can accept it. However the hero is very far from unique and I don't really see a match between the hero and his abilities. It's not really a hero I feel like playing with for a while. Also the ultimate seems to have some issues and is in any case fairly weak, so on the bright side the hero is by no means overpowered - it just feels rather random.

Feral Master, Fraxineus - Garfield1337
I like this hero, he is simple - yet works. It’s a new take on the melee hero and it feels balanced. The drop/grab ability should be explained a little better, as it took me a while to realize how it worked. The pack/wolf companion also had a funny bug when the enemy revived the death and I then killed them - AutoIndex error something.  At any rate this hero would get my vote, it fits the theme and I can see it work as melee map hero. Not the strongest hero, but would work well to support and keep the enemy and it features a way for him to escape should he get caught. Sadly I couldn't get this to work ingame..only via editor.

The Purifier, Dath'Remar Sunstrider - Adityahedge
While the idea of an elven purifier fits the theme, the purification abilities in this case is a little less "pow" than what I could wish. It would have added a lot If some more visual effects of evil being purged from an enemies body or when someone was healed. Sadly this entry also suffers from several bugs and the abilities doesn't work as intended. For one thing the ultimate generates a bunch of text about the purifier and dummy units. The healing part of the ability also doesn't seem to work. The idea of changing weapons to change the style of the hero is good, but the rest is lacking too much behind.

The Troll Deathspeaker - Jake Kessler
Again it's an ork race, which to me means it doesn't fit the theme. However it is a nice twist on the usual melee map hero - with a specialization focused on trolls. It is tad overpowered and if used right make a damn strong army support. The mass heal, combined with revive combined with the ultimate that damages every enemy unit. But it is fairly fun to play with and I can see this working well in a map. The abilities are pretty much standard, but they work and they give a different view. They also go well together and fit the hero. So if I could get the map to work in game and admittedly if it weren't an ork (a troll race maybe? :wwink:) then I would give it a vote.

Priestess of the Moonlight - Kobas-
This hero fits the theme, it's slightly overpowered in the sense that it can ignore patching.. which can be misused. The visual effect of the Star beam is stunning, yet the hero feels like its missing something. The short change night to day ultimate is somewhat weak, given that usually night elves have an item that last longer than that one does. The benefits of changing to night doesn't really measure up with a ultimate spell either so even though all the spells are fitted to the hero they seem somewhat meek. The only spell that truly holds up is the star beam. The shadow walk makes for a good getaway, which I assume is the intension - but there shouldn't be a need to ignore patching with it as well and I experienced once that the priestess could still be attacked while it was active. Also found a funny spelling error :wgrin: It says a falling start :wsmile: Anyway I do like the hero and if I could get the map to show in Wc3 I would have given this a vote as well - though some of the others have brought me more fun.

So yea thats my reasons - All them are of course very subjective and I was definitely biased by the map made to playtest it on, even though I tried not to be.

Last edited:
Level 16
Arrynok Frostglance, the Frost Herald - Luorax
I like that the map is set up too melee and that the hero doesn't feel overpowered - in fact he feels somewhat underpowered. He comes from the orc race, which I find somewhat out of place considering the theme, but the hero himself is fine. The thing with him is that he doesn't really have any effective kills spells - by effective I mean that the ice breaker misses often, the ice drop looks good on paper, but the fact that one has to target it twice in the center of battle can easily cost your hero his life. The effect of the frostnova I didn't really see come into play as the hero is too weak to be in close combat and succumbs easily to death. As such he doesn't really function well in the role he appears in, and I would have found him a much better match with some range and a less "targeted" ice drop.

The values can be changed any time, I did not waste time on trying to find the proper values. I was trying to create a funny spell kit for the hero, and made even the smallest values configurable, so that the user would be able to balance the spells according to their map. Simple as that.

Level 33
Rovlen, Druid of the ages - Radamantus
Already from the beginning this hero breaks the rules, by making it a lvl 25 hero, with more than one level of the ultimate and more than 4 of the other abilities. Hence cannot get my vote. Besides that the hero is way to overpowered and cannot in any way be compared to a melee hero. The spells feel somewhat generic, though the ritual of the ages - lunar tower is a visually well made effect, it lacks an effect on those it affects
I didnt break the rule.Pharaoh mentioned that it will be judged as if it were a lvl 10 hero.
Yeah,you are right.My hero is way too powerful.

Level 35
I didnt break the rule.Pharaoh mentioned that it will be judged as if it were a lvl 10 hero.
Yeah,you are right.My hero is way too powerful.

Oh yea, now that you mention it - Oh well - it wouldn't have gotten my vote still, even though I do like the ulti appearance.

The values can be changed any time, I did not waste time on trying to find the proper values. I was trying to create a funny spell kit for the hero, and made even the smallest values configurable, so that the user would be able to balance the spells according to their map. Simple as that.

Yea - dunno if I mentioned it - but I like the hero idea. But judging was for the hero posted, not for what the hero would be depending on user tweaks. However it is great that you made it so it can be of greater use for other users.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Hum. Well, good points to be made; grateful for the detailed (?) analysis in general. Unfortunately I was worried about that with my hero; the Nightwalker is truly made to be part of a race or a Tavern, not as a standalone AoS hero (which are generally more flashy & interesting).

However, what I'm really concerned about is that you couldn't get mine to play in Wc3?? First of all, it would've been nice to know that before you voted, but more importantly, why? I used a newly-installed virgin copy of Wc3:TFT (i.e. no Newgen, WE Unlimited, etc), and fully-patched at that, so what in the world could've happened to my map?

Anyone else had this issue?

Level 35
Hum. Well, good points to be made; grateful for the detailed (?) analysis in general. Unfortunately I was worried about that with my hero; the Nightwalker is truly made to be part of a race or a Tavern, not as a standalone AoS hero (which are generally more flashy & interesting).

However, what I'm really concerned about is that you couldn't get mine to play in Wc3?? and fully-patched at that, so what in the world could've happened to my map?

Yea I understood that and as such I found him fine - just not that unique. What I meant was that he felt a little bland - which might also show from the little amount of comments I have about him. So yea, it is part of visuals - but also a little in terms of effects related to him. However as to the issue with it, I don't really know - for some odd reason those maps didn't show when I tried to open Wc3 and play them via custom game. But if I opened them in editor then pressed test, I had no trouble at all - so yea its odd. Attempts at fixing it failed, so likely it might just be my Wc3 who has issues, but well I can only judge from what I see myself.

Level 14
Okay, got done with my votes and reasons - I write it as I was testing it, so sorry if I sound a bit harsh on some. Overall I had fun testing them all and discovering what ideas had sprung to life in the contest.

Lets get on with it :wsmile:

The Archbishop - Lordkoon
The hero feels much as Serengale did (even one of the spells look almost exactly the same), except this one is the offensive version. The spells feels rather overpowered for a melee hero and its quite clear that he is able to survive just about anything as long as he has mana. Add to that, that one of his abilities allows him to walk outside map bounds hence getting away from just about anything - instant kill any enemy by using his ultimate on enemy instead of ally and that his ultimate is as sick as its is - he can't really get my vote. However I like the way the spells work together and the idea of the ultimate. It's just not a melee map hero. Again this guy is also a human… but well that has been said. [/COLOR]

Thank you for taking such care of all entries. However the mana is actually a problem for the hero and in a melee map there are not many ways of refreshing it. The best thing is if he stays inside a vortex, but the vortex itself restores as much mana as to use a single spell too.
I'v made the hero to be compatible with the test enviroment I created earlier. I did not read anywhere in the contest criterias that the hero must be balanced to the melee heroes.

About the ultimate - What is the matter with it? It kills a unit. Big deal. Alchemist's ult kills a unit, gives you gold for it and has a shorter cooldown. Pit Lord kills a unit and creates an aoe-stuning , chaos damage dealing doom guard with cripple... ???

I do agree the hero is human but as it was already mentioned that is a matter of condition by the authors. I made him human because I chose the invasion to be in the boundaries of wc3.

I do agree I don't deserve a vote but I don't agree on the general thing you wrote about my entry. Especially the ultimate. :vw_sad:

Level 35
I do agree I don't deserve a vote but I don't agree on the general thing you wrote about my entry. Especially the ultimate. :vw_sad:

I likely formulated it wrong - what I meant with it was that besides being a one hit kill on enemies it can also be used to boost significantly with the added bolt and magic immunity - it also lasts on normal units for a while (in point I never saw it disappear before the unit was the only one left and they were able to kill it even with the heavy regeneration bonus). So as I said I like the ability, I just feel it is a bit over the default level. Still not really sure I am explaining it well, in point it might be more of the hero being so survivable than him being overpowered.

Level 23
Flower Dryad - Juno
First off, I like the hero - or maybe I like the map - anyway I played it for a bit. The hero seems somewhat balanced for the map it is in, however I would find like to be able to test it in a more melee map scenario. The many allies around makes it harder to judge. My feeling is that the hero is slightly too powerful (if only thanks to the ultimate) and given that the ultimate ability is basically against the rules given the many abilities the summon features I am not going to vote for this hero. However I like it and I see synergy between the abilities which is a good thing. The entangle spell have some issues with not always targeting the nearby units, or sometimes targeting them a little at random. The effects of the healing spell is not quite clear to be, but I figure it works as intended. I find that the hero fits the theme well.

It was really hard to balance the waves of my allies and the enemies..but yeah, I should have placed it in a melee map.. (regret)

well, anyways, thanks for the awesome feedback! :D

and BTW, just noticed that my map has a huge nazi sign in the middle of it.. It's even more visible in the mini-map.. :eekani:

EDIT: Poll is closed?, are there judges already?

Last edited:
Level 35
It was really hard to balance the waves of my allies and the enemies..but yeah, I should have placed it in a melee map.. (regret)

well, anyways, thanks for the awesome feedback! :D

and BTW, just noticed that my map has a huge nazi sign in the middle of it.. It's even more visible in the mini-map.. :eekani:

EDIT: Poll is closed?, are there judges already?

Yea, I figure I myself should have done what I saw in one map - have both aspects available, meaning a melee type and a defense type in one map.

Didn't notice the swastika, so no worries :wgrin:

And yea, poll had a deadline on it, hence my hurry to finish mine - I might have more some more votes if I had given myself more time to fix the wc3 ingame whatever it was issue, but I saw the deadline on the poll (its shown around the center top/bottom when it ends).

Happy New Year

The rest on this list had trouble being seen in WC3 itself, so had to go through the editor to try them - that is a minus right there, which means I won't be voting for them. (Re-download and restart of game / computer didn't make a difference).

This is because of the map's filename being too long and/or contains certain symbols which warcraft 3 cannot process. I simply renamed them to the author's name before testing and they worked fine from the game lobby.

Level 35
This is because of the map's filename being too long and/or contains certain symbols which warcraft 3 cannot process. I simply renamed them to the author's name before testing and they worked fine from the game lobby.

Ah well, still a problem given that its the submission that counts - not whatever changes one makes to it, however minor. But thanks for telling - good to know.

Level 30
Nature's Raiment, An'da Grovemane - orcnet
This is quite the hero - It doesn't feel overpowered, its abilities a tad odd and it plays like a melee map hero, which I find important. The Skin Walk ability it the only weak link, given that it doesn't really seem to fit well with the rest and it doesn't give fully what it promises (movement speed seems to be almost the same, even if it was to boost it 300%). Natures grasp is also an odd ability, but against enemy heroes could be somewhat useful however adding AOE to it, would increase its usefulness. The map of course takes some credit for why this hero is a good one, given that it allows for testing it both in a hero defense manner and by taking on lone groups of enemies alone. A feature that might have been interesting was to allow the beam to both heal and damage at the same time, since as it is now its basically a death coil as a beam. In the end this hero could get my vote, though this hero suffers from some flaws in choice of abilities..

I'm amazed with the review, thanks a ton RED :)
but I'm not sure with your terms of my hero to be odd, I actually dig up much information regarding range support type of heroes (ex. slower, healer, summon creep/s, de-buffer) the characteristics of my hero build as a melee is too shallow but more of gaining control on ground when accompanying allied/self units (by melee or aos type of map)

the 3rd skill is more of pushing the hero to be micro-active since his abilities tolerate at disarming groups of units or delaying a single unit/hero that can drudge my side of play, so a simple self-like blood lust + increase ms is a good getaway for his role

and about the ultimate, its also balanced and quite useful I don't see it going non-smoothly its lore-state explains he can summon roots like every druid-like people we see in rpg board/online games by slowing and dealing damage but I really appreciate the rate though my balance of the hero made it too inquisite at portraying with a team than good for solo specs :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Thanks guys. I have to admit reviewing your resources takes a lot of time because I want to give every resource enough time to convince me of your ideas.

I can't believe there are so many contributions!
It's true. So much goes into understanding & judging entries like these... does it fit in melee? Does it fit the theme? Does it simply have FLASHY BOOM SFX or does it actually consist of useful (perhaps simple) abilities that carry a role? And then of course, "coolness" and "Blizzard-ness" (along with "radical-ness" and "awesomeness"), I'm sorry to say, Rainbow Dash, but aren't truly quantifiable for a contest. So that too must be looked at.

I don't envy your job. If I were doing it, I'd probably rip too many people up. :p Good luck.

Level 35
I don't know about Maker, but I can tell you that next week I will most probably have more time again. My real life kept me busy last week, I hope you can understand.

Understandable - Knowing your doing it is enough. Real life should always come first, though I tend to argue that this is also real life - But just a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.