• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War-craft-3! - Card game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Nice Idea about buying cards! Winner gets 5 points and looser 3, they save points and card decks. For points they can buy new cards. Would be awesome.

And timer... totally 120 sec. It checks every 15 sec(till 120 secs passed) if they are both finished then game starts. Dunno .. maybe I should remove all timers at all :? ... Or maybe choose mode - with timers or without.

Level 4
Your card is promising, I look forward to the final.

For the moment, battle are simple, the player who haves the strongest monster win.
But with new cards and new updates, it must be more strategic and fun, like a real card match.

If you need any ideas to creat card or set cards, I have a lot of ideas^^.
One thing, when you build your deck, ca you limit the number of each card by 4? This may limit abuse of powerful cards.
You can also creat legendary cards, that is limit to one copy in the deck.

Good luck with your project.

Level 5
Actually I do need ideas! Post everything you can think of. :)
... and need to think how to make monster/spell cards effect efficient, now you need to edit each trigger to make wanted effect and it makes even more complicated to fix bugs.
sry for grammar im on phone

Level 19
Heres the continuation for the Amphibianoids:
I also placed the usage of Tokens, they are like Counters in Yu-Gi-Oh!
1. Model: Mur'gul Hut
Amphibianoid Safehouse
ATT: 0
DEF: 2500
Effect: Store - You can select 1 Amphibianoid monster and place it in this card. All stored monsters gain 1 Amphibian Token

2. Model: Mur'gul Reaver
Amphibianoid Tidesman
ATT: 1000
DEF: 900
Effect: Tidal Trap - By removing 1 Amphibian Token from this card, as long as this card is in the field, the selected monster cannot attack and is switched to defense mode. They cant switch to attack mode.

3. Model: Crushing Wave Missile
Tidal Blast
Magic Card
Effect: By removing 3 Amphibian Tokens, all Amphibianoid monsters ATT are increased by their DEF. Their DEF is reduced to zero. When the turn ends, all monsters affected are switched to DEF Position.

4. Tidal Catch
Model: Ensare Model
Trap Card
Effect: By selecting an enemy card with an Amphibian Token, the targeted monster is changed to DEF Position.

5. Amphibianoid Slave
Model: Mur'gul Slave
ATT: 100
DEF: 200
Effect: Counter Boom - By tributing this card, place 1 Amphibian Token on an enemies card.

6. Amphibianoid Emperor
Model: Naga Myrmidon
ATT: 2000
DEF: 1700
Effect: Offer to the Amphibianoid Deity - By tributing this card, summon 1 Amphibianoid God from your hand.

7. Amphibianoid God
Model: Naga Royal Gaurd
ATT: 2500
DEF: 2700
Effect: God Hand - This card can only be summoned by the effect of Amphibianoid Emperor. When this card is summoned, it gains the number of Amphibianoid Tokens in the field X 100 ATT. If this card is destroyed, add 5 Amphibian Counters on 1 face up monster card.

Be sure to check out my previous ideas for the Amphibianoids.

Level 4
The Amphibianoid Emperor is a bit powerful, maybe he needs a tribute to be invoke too?
Sacrifice 2 or 3 amphibian tokens may be a good choice.

What is the stats of token? 0/0? 0/100?

There is possible to have 2 token easily with the Amphibianoid Safehouse,
2500 Def is for the moment unkillable (unless you have a tornado). It may be easy to win the game with that.

A magic card can limit that : Destroy all monster that the attack power equal 0.
It destroys tokens and walls (I concider the Safehouse as a wall).
It is useless against other decks but it may be a good side card.

Level 4
Tokens can be pointed out by a number close to the murloc card. It may increase the readability of the game.
So the magic card could be, "Remove all token from the board". That can slows the murloc deck.

ZeusLT, if you need help to creat trigger about monster effect, I can try to do it and show you the result.

Level 12
How about some Racial Card system? Like, when all the creatures of the same race are on the field, give some bonus to them, etc.
Yeah. Yugioh also have that kind of effect for every series of cards like Lightsworns, Gladiator Beasts etc.

Even if this map is purely based on yugioh(i'm not saying this map. Just IF), i think it'll be a great map as well. :D My frens are fans of yugioh.

Level 5
Game menu progress:
img29092011162317.png

Level 5
And am back, sorry for abandoning this project. I've almost made menu system, also almost developed how spellcards/effects should work in my head.
To improve whole map I am thinking about replacing most w3 sounds + sounds of players whining when they lose monster or trap card activated, this will be very tough to make a working AI for this map when spell/trap/effects are implanted.

+ you can help me by opening random icons page and posting idea of spellcard for that icon. (post link to icon too)
also by posting ideas of monsters (normal summons)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Oh yes it's this game again, thanks for bringing it back into Development:)
I love it so much lol, it gets addicting easily.

PS: I was referring to the name of the game, I heard of it somewhere before...
But anyways, this version looks rather unique, hope to see the progress!

Yeah, somebody created this before and got pretty far. I'm not sure what happened in the end though =/

Level 12
Some suggestions:

Try adding a save/load system for Duel ranks, cards, wins/loses, etc.
Whenever you reach a new rank, you get a new monster/new privileges.
Add a fusion system like in Yu-Gi-Oh. Would be awesome.
And make it possible for more people. Make it like this: in the map, you'll have players, then you could roam around, buy monster cards, spell cards, and trap cards. You could also initiate duel challenges by going around duel arenas.

But if you do this, the game will probably be a card game ORPG map.

And, overall, nice map! Good concept also.

Level 5
Some suggestions:

Try adding a save/load system for Duel ranks, cards, wins/loses, etc.
Whenever you reach a new rank, you get a new monster/new privileges.
Add a fusion system like in Yu-Gi-Oh. Would be awesome.
And make it possible for more people. Make it like this: in the map, you'll have players, then you could roam around, buy monster cards, spell cards, and trap cards. You could also initiate duel challenges by going around duel arenas.

But if you do this, the game will probably be a card game ORPG map.

And, overall, nice map! Good concept also.

I have already planned load/save systems for cards, so it would be nice to have ranks, win looses and unlockables too, will add it.
I have also already planned fusions.
As for more players in upcoming version you will be able to choose other players to duel with, you can already swap with other player or AI during battles (have many bugs tho)...

ORPG sounds good too, it wont be applied any time soon but is in my late to do list now, maybe some aspects will be used earlier to start duels or something (like each player have hero and can challenge each other, but nothing more anytime soon (like story or other computer AI with their own decks and game style)).

Level 5
Can make custom tiles? Awesome! I need custom tiles, but sadly don't know what exactly I want whit that, I know it will look awesome and current ones are too mainstream.

Want to make a a custom UI for me? would be double awesome as custom tiles, tho I'm not an artist or something so I can't imagine how would it look!

What mostly I need to get ideas for cards. Spell cards, monster cards, trap cards. I want to gather as much as possible. Icon and model would be nice! have idea? Post like this in this thread:

Name: <NAME OF CARD>
Type: <Monster(if monster then tell me its type like - Fire/water/earth/dark/light/demon/zombie/dragon/beast/warrior/summon and does it cost any tribute to summon), spell card, trap card, fusion>
Icon: <link to icon> (would be nice to have a image with / tags)
Model: <link to model>
Description: <Description of effect, damage, defense, what ever there is>
Extra info: <have back story? awesome>

EXAMPLE:

Name: Berserk
Type: Spell card
Icon:
icons_14833_btn.jpg

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btndarktrollberserk-210268/?prev=r=20&page=2
Model: Target model - Berserk one from game already, card model - .. don't know ..
Description: Allows target monster of any type to attack twice a turn. Max 1 card per deck.
Extra info: Blood flows faster, rage in the eyes, wait for a trouble. :D

And loading screen. O_O I now imagine some masterpiece of yours guys. Some Crazy looking monster with axe, bloody axe. Want to have your drawings to be noticed or something, give me, I'll give credits everyone and everywhere. Even in tool tips/quest tab/in loading screen with big letters for creator of it.

Level 5
Warcraft 3 card game

Hello ZeusLT, Nice map you got here. very well put together. I had been looking to create one with ideas like this but had lack of motivation and lack time to work on my own version myself... so it never really got started... so GJ on it...

I was hoping i could help you out with some of the updates or additions to the game. I looked over the last few posts in the forums and noticed something about a save and load system and a ranking system... I may be able to work something out to add it into the map... Let me know if you are interested and i will get started right away.. Might even help with adding new cards or maybe make them more like yugioh's cards for ya...

Level 5
You need to make a trap card/quick play spell card that will counter the Tornado spell. This also means making it that the other player needs to confirm the use of a magic card that affects his own cards.

Level 12
My Hero Ideas:

1st Hero:

Name: Heinous Shaman
Type: Spellcaster/Zombie/Dark, and Monster Card
Icon:
icons_14320_btn.jpg

Icon URL: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnpuppetmaster-110490/?prev=status=p
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-sorcerer-203303/?prev=t=1&r=20&d=list&page=2
Description: Atk: 2000, Def: 1500. 6 stars, requires 1 tribute in order to summon.
Extra info: This corrupted shaman, never ceases to inflict misery and pain, upon those unlucky to meet him. Every time casts his voodoo magic, he'll inflict serious pain, suffering, and death upon those unlucky ones. He does not pick whom to fight, and whom to be friends with, thus being called the Heinous Shaman.

2nd Hero:

Name: Cursed Puppeteer
Icon:
icons_6287_btn.jpg

Icon URL: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource_images/15/icons_14320_disbtn.jpg
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/puppetmaster-110485/?prev=t=1&r=20&d=list&page=4
Description: Atk: 1450, Def: 800. 4 stars, does not require tribute in order to summon.
Extra Info: The cursed puppeteer likes to collect bodies of those who are unlucky to encounter him. He makes their bodies as his own, his own body, and as his own puppet. With these puppets, he will continue to strike terror upon those who meet him.

I'll try to add in more stuff, since this game has caught my interest. I could join your team, so I could brainstorm better, and post what I've thought of in your group, if you have one here.

Last edited:
I have an idea:

Name: Djinn
Type: Spellcaster/Spirit/Light, and Monster Card
Icon:
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/djin-202162/?prev=d=list&r=20&t=1
Description: Atk: 3000, Def: 3000. 8 stars.
Extra info: Djinn can take the atk and def from enemy cards and give it to a friendly card. The only spell\trap card who does effect on him, is the ''magic lamp'' trap card.

Hope you like it! :D

Last edited:
Level 5
WOW! Thank you guys!

Reply to Darkshooter1986

Hello ZeusLT, Nice map you got here. very well put together. I had been looking to create one with ideas like this but had lack of motivation and lack time to work on my own version myself... so it never really got started... so GJ on it...

I was hoping i could help you out with some of the updates or additions to the game. I looked over the last few posts in the forums and noticed something about a save and load system and a ranking system... I may be able to work something out to add it into the map... Let me know if you are interested and i will get started right away.. Might even help with adding new cards or maybe make them more like yugioh's cards for ya...

Sure! why not, if you have skype or xfire add me "mobididikas2" on skype and "ZeusLTU" on xfire.

Reply to Hexcellion:

My Hero Ideas:

1st Hero:

Name: Heinous Shaman
Icon:
icons_14320_btn.jpg

Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-sorcerer-203303/?prev=t=1&r=20&d=list&page=2
Description: Atk: 2000, Def: 1500. 6 stars, requires 1 tribute in order to summon.
Extra info: This corrupted shaman, never ceases to inflict misery and pain, upon those unlucky to meet him. Every time casts his voodoo magic, he'll inflict serious pain, suffering, and death upon those unlucky ones. He does not pick whom to fight, and whom to be friends with, thus being called the Heinous Shaman.

2nd Hero:

Name: Cursed Puppeteer
Icon:
icons_6287_btn.jpg

Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/puppetmaster-110485/?prev=t=1&r=20&d=list&page=4
Description: Atk: 1450, Def: 800. 4 stars, does not require tribute in order to summon.
Extra Info: The cursed puppeteer likes to collect bodies of those who are unlucky to encounter him. He makes their bodies as his own, his own body, and as his own puppet. With these puppets, he will continue to strike terror upon those who meet him.

I'll try to add in more stuff, since this game has caught my interest. I could join your team, so I could brainstorm better, and post what I've thought of in your group, if you have one here.

Thank you! Currently I have only one friend from clan that wanted to help me, we both are using skype, if you have one you are welcome there.

And can you put link to the icons? img is for fast preview ^^

Reply to Omnom18:

You need to make a trap card/quick play spell card that will counter the Tornado spell. This also means making it that the other player needs to confirm the use of a magic card that affects his own cards.

True, I've thought of making a pop up dialog and "pause whole game"

Reply to bhusta:

Name: Inverse Principles
Type: spell card
Icon:
icons_8445_btn.jpg
link
Model: maybe the undead building destruction
Description: Exchange your deck with your graveyard!
Extra info: "It is big crime to make anything perfect on Bizarro World“

I hope that helps^^

Every idea helps a lot, I hope to gather as much as possible.

Reply to bloodelf300:

I have an idea:

Name: Djinn
Type: Spellcaster/Spirit/Light, and Monster Card
Icon:
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/djin-202162/?prev=d=list&r=20&t=1
Description: Atk: 3100, Def: 3000. 8 stars.
Extra info: Djinn can take the atk and def from enemy cards and give it to a friendly card. The only spell\trap card who does effect on him, is the ''magic lamp'' trap card.

Hope you like it! :D

Of course I like it.

I have planned a advanced menu system with whole game settings. you can see a basic screenshot on first page.

Last edited:
Level 12
Reply to Hexcellion:

Thank you! Currently I have only one friend from clan that wanted to help me, we both are using skype, if you have one you are welcome there.

And can you put link to the icons? img is for fast preview ^^

I have planned a advanced menu system with whole game settings. you can see a basic screenshot on first page.

The models I gave, have set icons in the posts. You could get the icons there, when you download the model I gave.

Anyways, here are the links:

Heinous Shaman and Cursed Puppeteer.

Your welcome, anyways and thanks for adding me to the team.

Level 12
Sorry for the bump, here are two more monster ideas:

Cursed Black Sheep

Name: Cursed Black Sheep
Type: Zombie/Dark/Beast, and Effect Monster Card
Icon:
icons_4068_btn.jpg

Icon URL: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnnightmaresheep-58097/
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/nightmare-sheep-50122/?prev=search=sheep&d=list&r=20
Description: Curses the enemies monsters in the battlefield everytime it attacks, decreases 300 attack and defense points. Atk: 800, Def: 600, 4 stars. Does not require a tribute in order to summon.
Extra Info: This cursed sheep was sent to hell after it killed all fellow animals in the farm. It even killed its own farmer, which made it cursed and hated by most people and animals. Until now, it continues to haunt the lives of fellow animals and humans.

Tauren Smasher

Name: Tauren Smasher
Type: Beast, Monster Card.
Icon:
icons_4558_btn.jpg

Icon URL: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnhellbull-58587/
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/hell-bull-tormentor-48678/?prev=search=cow&d=list&r=20
Description: Atk: 1800, Def: 1400, 6 stars. Requires one tribute in order to summon.
Extra info: The tauren smasher always destroys what he sees. This made the it famous among gladiators. Most of them are trying to hunt this beast who is said to be the "Tormentor of Warriors."

Level 19
I have some ideas here:

BTNSkeletonWarrior.png

Risen Warrior - Dark[r]

ATK: 1400
DEF: 400

Type: Zombie/Undead (Use the Warcraft 3 Model of the Skeleton Warrior)
Effect: When this is destroyed, you can discard 2 cards from your hand so special summon this card.

Rebuild - Spell[r]

Effect: Select a "Risen" Zombie/Undead type monster in the graveyard and special summon it. Discard the top card of your deck after.

Grave Burst - Continuous Spell[r]

Effect: Pay x Life Points and select one Zombie/Undead monster from your graveyard and special summon it. It cannot attack and its attack is halved.

Risen Viking - Dark[r]

ATK: 1900
DEF: 200

Type: Zombie/Undead
Effect: When this monster attacks a weaker monster, it attack is increased by the difference of their attack values.

BTNCrypt.png

Necro Temple - Dark[r]

ATK: 900
DEF: 2000

Effect: By tributing this card, select 2 "Risen" monsters from your graveyard and special summon it. Their attack may not exceed 2000.

Risen Warlock - Dark[r]

ATK: 1600
DEF: 1200

Effect: When this is sent to the graveyard, you may return this card back to your deck and special summon one "Risen" monster from your deck except from this card with an ATK of 1800 or less. This effect can only be activated once.

Risen Crossbowman - Dark[r]

ATK: 1700
DEF: 900

Effect: You can remove this card from play and special summon another "Risen Crossbowman" from your deck. This can only be activated once.

BTNAdvancedUnholyStrength.png

Regulus, Risen Hunter - Dark[r]

ATK: 2000
DEF: 100

Effect: This card can attack the player directly. You need to pay 1000 Life Points each turn, if you dont, this card is destroyed.

BTNSkeletonMage.png

Angolmor, Risen Brute - Dark[r]

ATK: 2600
DEF: 1500
Tributes: 2

Effect: If this card deals direct damage to the player, they discard one card from their hand.

BTNSkeletonArcher.png

Kubilla, Risen Executioner - Dark[r]

ATK: 2400
DEF: 1500
Tributes: 2

Effect: By discarding 2 cards from your hand destroy one face-up attack position monster. This card cannot attack this turn if effect is used.

BTNCripple.png

Risen Magi - Dark[r]

ATK: 400
DEF: 100

Effect: By tributing this card, one Risen monsters ATK will be increased by all the other Risen monsters ATK. All unaffected monsters ATK are set to 0. At the end of the turn, you take damage equal to the original ATK of the affected monster.

Risen Fire Magi - Dark[r]

DEF: 1100

Effect: This card may only be summoned tributing 1 "Risen Magi". When this is summoned, special summon 1 Fusion type monster from your graveyard.

Risen Fire Magi - Dark[r]

DEF: 1100

Effect: This card may only be summoned tributing 1 "Risen Magi". When this is summoned, special summon 1 Fusion type monster from your graveyard.

Skeletal Reborn - Spell[r]

Effect: Send all monster cards removed from play back to your graveyard. Pay 200 x the number of monster cards sent back to teh graveyard Life Points.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.