• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scars of Conflict [Altered Melee]

Status
Not open for further replies.
*bump*
A new logo has been created for the project. See the first post!

and what a WONDERFULL logo! :goblin_good_job:

anyway, why don't you explain the usefullness of the group of Scars of Conflict? So at least people know why they SHOULD join it? :D

Level 1
The new logo looks great, that knight couldn't possibly have seen that coming. I blame his helm.

Renovating the new page also served the purpose of turning the progress of the project a bit more obvious than putting updates in the ending of the OP. More importantly, its easy to read and I think will attract some players.

Level 16
Ok so far i see the main base is just a wood block. My suggestion(vieved from the back) cut it in pieces like in your trebuchet.

Level 5
That's ballista is awesome! Just as good or better than Blizzard would have made if they created a human one for WCIII! My only suggestion would be to include some kind of small metal/wooden contraption to "pull" back the string, appearing to slide up and down the track where the bolt launches from.

(I know this isn't animation feedback, so not sure if it's what you're looking for at this stage)

Level 1
They sway with the wind. Besides, since the stand animation was too static, I've changed it so the entire ballista is 'breathing', or more like, moving up and down during stand. There is really no logical explanation behind this, but no one likes a stiff Stand animation.

Ah the wind.

And the bore of a motionless stand animation.

Good points, couldn't agree more.

Level 24
Since I haven't really posted any actual news in a while, I thought I'd let you guys know that I've been doing some work in the Object Editor. Today I finished the Dragon Roost, a pretty special and perhaps even unique Orc building. Let's start with a small screenshot from its model, textured and model-edited by Mr.Goblin and Debode:

dragonroost.png

Now, what did I mean by "special and perhaps even unique" above? Well, the Dragon Roost doesn't train units, instead it spawns eggs (for a price, of course) with a negative health regeneration, eventually resulting in its death, after a which a dragon is born. The dragon egg is invulnerable, disallowing friend and foe alike to attack it.
What do you think?

Last edited:
Level 5
With the egg, if the dragon spawns when the egg dies couldn't a player attack and kill the egg to speed up the process? Or if players are unable to attack the egg, then are enemies unable to attack it while its in production, and prevent it from spawning? And if they can attack it, how will you determine if it spawns or not, what if the last point of damage is done by health degeneration, after the enemy deals the rest, will it still spawn then?

Will there be a stock maximum and replenish time? Like with mercenaries and items in standard wc3 melee; in order to prevent players from massing up a large amount of dragons in a small amount of time when it serves them. Or is that intention of the structure and spawning style?

Level 24
I'm thinking of a stock maximum of 2-3 eggs. But then again, I'm imagining a cooldown shorter than the time needed for the egg to hatch/die, so more than 2-3 could possibly be trained at once. It all is adjustable though, of course, if it's over/underpowered.

Level 5
That sounds like a cool idea. Besides the coolness factor, it seems like the new gameplay mechanic is that you'd get to "train" multiple dragons simultaneously. But what if the dragon's growth didn't stop right after it hatched? Would this work: After a set amount of time, say 8 minutes, the dragon matures, becoming bigger and more powerful? Maybe it would add a fun layer of gameplay - the enemy would have an incentive to target your younger dragons before they matured - and you would would want to find ways to protect them. Anyway, just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Level 3
When i saw the pics i was like ok ok i am going to play this when it comes out, even if it isnt done yet the landscapes and some of the models already looks nice and cool, finally an knight with WC:1 model

Level 8
ah, great ^_^... can't wait to see/play with it in-game~

reminds me, is there already any beta/testing map or something? because i'd really like to test this...

Level 48
From now on, I'll be directing this thread. Linaze granted me full thread ownership, so expect some updates soon. :)

And for a start:

33jhbar.jpg
2uhqufa.jpg

f37ur4.jpg
1zmp1g6.jpg

Greetings to all our fans and followers!
Today marks the day our first Developer's Blog is born. The Developer's Blog is a short overview over a unit, game mechanic, control point or any other feature from Scars of Conflict.

Our first Developer's Blog will focus on the Assassin. The assassin is a human unit available for hire from the Keep or Castle after you purchase a special "Contract". This contract is an instantly researched upgrade which makes you able to hire Assassins. Hiring assassins works in the same way as hiring mercenaries in WC3, except you don't need a unit standing near your building to hire one. Once hired, the Assassin is permanently yours to command. There is no limit on how many assassins you can hire.

Assassin1.png
Assassin2.png
Assassin3.png
Assassin4.png
"Consulting a professional.""Loaded up and good to go!""Assault...""...Or distraction?"

The assassin is a permanently invisible unit which becomes visible for a few seconds once it attacks a unit. The assassin's high attack speed makes it a good harass unit, expert at infiltrating enemy bases(with the help of naval transports) and killing off small groups of units or workers. Once faced by a large army or a detector, however, the assassin's chances for survival become close to zero. The assassin makes use of our Day\Night mechanic; When it is night, the assassin is able to hide quicker in the shadows, thus decreasing its 'fade time'(after attacking a unit, the assassin becomes visible for a number of seconds. the time it takes for the assassin to become invisible again after being detected is called the 'fade time') by a considerable amount, thus assassins are best used during night. This, however, also encourages players to check better and see whether their enemy plans to land a group of those stealthy infiltrators right in the middle of their base at night-time...

Assassin5.png
Assassin6.png
Assassin7.png
Assassin8.png
Assassin9.png
"Midnight attack.""They'll never know what hit 'em!""Masters of infiltration.""HIT..."...AND RUN!!!

This concludes our first Developer's Blog. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.

Level 15
From now on, I'll be directing this thread. Linaze granted me full thread ownership, so expect some updates soon. :)

And for a start:

33jhbar.jpg
2uhqufa.jpg

f37ur4.jpg
1zmp1g6.jpg

Greetings to all our fans and followers!
Today marks the day our first Developer's Blog is born. The Developer's Blog is a short overview over a unit, game mechanic, control point or any other feature from Scars of Conflict.

Our first Developer's Blog will focus on the Assassin. The assassin is a human unit available for hire from the Keep or Castle after you purchase a special "Contract". This contract is an instantly researched upgrade which makes you able to hire Assassins. Hiring assassins works in the same way as hiring mercenaries in WC3, except you don't need a unit standing near your building to hire one. Once hired, the Assassin is permanently yours to command. There is no limit on how many assassins you can hire.

"Consulting a professional.""Loaded up and good to go!""Assault...""...Or distraction?"

The assassin is a permanently invisible unit which becomes visible for a few seconds once it attacks a unit. The assassin's high attack speed makes it a good harass unit, expert at infiltrating enemy bases(with the help of naval transports) and killing off small groups of units or workers. Once faced by a large army or a detector, however, the assassin's chances for survival become close to zero. The assassin makes use of our Day\Night mechanic; When it is night, the assassin is able to hide quicker in the shadows, thus decreasing its 'fade time'(after attacking a unit, the assassin becomes visible for a number of seconds. the time it takes for the assassin to become invisible again after being detected is called the 'fade time') by a considerable amount, thus assassins are best used during night. This, however, also encourages players to check better and see whether their enemy plans to land a group of those stealthy infiltrators right in the middle of their base at night-time...

"Midnight attack.""They'll never know what hit 'em!""Masters of infiltration.""HIT..."...AND RUN!!!

This concludes our first Developer's Blog. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.

This is cool ! :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.