• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #7 - Small World

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, this is my small world from the perspective of some random guy. Also, void's globe isn't that small... it's pretty fat.

Attachments

• Small World II.png
    Small World II.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 374
Level 10
IDK, this is my small world from the perspective of some random guy. Also, void's globe isn't that small... it's pretty fat.

It doesn't look bad, but to me it looks like everything has the same size (not exactly same but not the "big and small" thing). Just looks like a guy at a cliff looking at other guys the same size as him. :p

Level 10
I dont think you captured the concept of the contest in your terrain Belgarath.

The concept should have somthing to do with a world inside a world - thats just somthing off in the distance that looks small because its far away.

Level 10
I dont think you captured the concept of the contest in your terrain Belgarath.

The concept should have somthing to do with a world inside a world - thats just somthing off in the distance that looks small because its far away.

Yes, exactly what I was saying, but you said it better. :p

I've begun working on mine now, I think and hope that my "special thing" will be unique :p

Level 10
Took about six hours to make.
Imported models: Orb of Light by General Frank

FINAL SUBMISSION!

Peons have always been used only for work and to amuse their leaders.
Some accept it, some doesn't. These peons have broken free from the
chains of their leader and created an own world to be kings over, and
have the feeling that they are the leaders.

Attachments

• TC7 - Mini-World Edit 1.PNG
    TC7 - Mini-World Edit 1.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Level 49
Alright I'm uploading mine now then. I think I'm done, will maybe change a few things here and there later if I see something wrong.
Took about six hours to make.
Imported models: winterpine by xXm0Rph3usXx, Orb of Light by General Frank, and Window01 by Tranquil

Peons have always been used only for work and to amuse their leaders.
Some accept it, some doesn't. These peons have broken free from the
chains of their leader and created an own world to be kings over, and
have the feeling that they are the leaders.

Lol! Awesome! Haha, peons running a world. Good idea and great execution.

Level 10
Ziggen i like your entry i think you did fantastic job on the tiny world, maybe even better then Void but the room that it's in is very boring, i would try somthing else. Also the peon idea is cool but those models suxxor bad.

Level 10
I got other more important stuff to take care of irl atm, so i was going to be judge. But i might make somthing if i get around to it.

Level 11
I also agree, the room is rather boring. I would expect such a large experiment to be run in something more than a simple wooden room in a peons basement. Though the terrain is very well executed, well done.

Level 5
Any model from the UTM or Contest Sanctioned Models Thread (both stickied in terrain forum) may be used. The contestant is also allowed 3 imports of his/her choice, which need to be pre-approved by the judges.
Didnt void use 5 imports (Rock model + skin, tree leaves model + skin, round waterplane)?
or skins dont count as imports?
and how should the imports be "pre-approved"?

Level 36
Some of these models are in the contest sanctioned models thread. Such as the winter pine and the round water.

The skin and the model it goes with count as 1.

To pre-approve a model just send a PM to one of the judges. It's not really a big deal, it's only there so people don't import some retarded model that is basically their entire terrain.

Level 10
Yeah I looked for more doodads to use and other stuff on the walls but couldn't find anything good. I'm gonna work some more on it later, and the peon model isn't the best, I know, but there are no other peons other than the green one wich looks the same but in a different color.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
The peon cientists could use the trucks to transport machines and shit. And they can ride motocycles to... Analyse the effects of the movement that causes the machine to move in a big speed, causing rips on the atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.