• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Story after TFT

Level 1
I loved wc2 and wc3roc+tft stories and want continuation...
but i don't like mmorpg as a genre at all

is there any Canon chronological continuation as custom campaigns or something? Not fillers / completely made up ones
but rather somewhat Canon and following wow / books storyline?

I don't know if people agree on what's canon; wasn't there a really nice trollish picture somewhere on the internet about the story of WoW as experienced by a Worgen death knight who breaks free of the worgen curse after the lich king falls in the age of cataclysm then joins the alliance then dies then gets revived in the past by the lich king to become a death knight then breaks free of the curse of the lich king then joins the alliance again then goes to a secret panda island to do pokemon battles with little rabbits and squirrels and then falls through a portal back in time to Wc2 to fight guldan who is alive again and archimonde who is alive again then discovers that everything that happened in all of those events was all the evil plan of some big guy named Zoval who is literally Thanos from the Avengers movies (because he can be) who snaps his fingers and deletes all pictures of scantily clad women off of the walls of the Defias brotherhood buildings and replaces them with fruit because we can't objectify women if women are replaced with literal objects, but then when he dies everyone goes to hang out on an island and play Guild Wars 2 with extremely objectified Alexstrasza (who had been imprisoned by the orcs in wc2 and forced to make lots of baby dragons but now we celebrate her because she's hot)... and pretend like it's OK while the last employee at the office, who is a giant stone golem, climbs up a tower and holds on to this magic thing to keep the servers active despite the entropic forces of Sneed's Greed which is trying to eat the world, until eventually Sneed sells the world itself to Microsoft and finally secures his place as ruler over all azeroth with the money he got from some guy named Phil?

I mean, I'm not sure that all of that stuff actually happened, but that's my loose impression of WoW canon and my conclusion is that I don't understand WoW canon and I'm probably not the only one.

And that just shows that there is no World of Warcraft. We made it up. People wanted a nice video game to play. So, I don't think you need custom campaigns to follow the canon of Thanos snapping the women out of existence and replacing them with fruit or whatever happens in WoW these days. Instead, we can make up any story we want in World Editor, as long as we agree that Sneed's friends at Microsoft own that story. As long as Sneed continues to be unaware of the value of World Editor, I wouldn't worry about it.

But seriously yes there are a lot of campaigns on Hive Workshop and if you pick the ones made to be based on WoW storyline, whatever that is, I have heard they are quite good. I suggest searching the "Maps" section with the "Campaign" tag added but if you are too lazy to do that yourself, maybe try these:

Ones that expressly list which WoW storyline book their lore is based on:

Others that looked like they had WoW storyline elements:

These are campaigns I pulled out of a hat using the Campaign search feature here on Hive. But don't listen to me, go search for yourself!

Level 29
Recommended campaigns that are based on WoW storylines (I don't even played all of those just yet, but they are good):

1.Shadow of Hatred (The Burning Crusade, follows the perspective of Maiev and her Night Elf Watchers):
2.Rise of the Blood Elves (The Burning Crusade, follows the perspective of Blood Elves):
3.Curse of the Forsaken (Wrath of the Lich King, follows the perspective of Sylvanas and her Forsaken):

You can also play Warcraft I & II campaigns on Warcraft III engine:

1.Warcraft: Orcs & Humans (LordPerenoldeII):
2.Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (LordPerenoldeII):

Level 18
The works of Tomoraider are a great example of what you want. They diverge from canon a bit, but the artistic liberties they take are often extremely interesting in their own right. They end up feeling like the best approximation of what an "official" retelling of the events of WoW in RTS format would be like. Rise of the Blood Elves retells the story of Burning Crusade, while Curse of the Forsaken tells the story of Wrath of the Lich King, with a bit of Vanilla WoW for good measure.

There's tons of potential there for more adaptations from more creators. Vanilla WoW has multiple storylines that could make for entire campaigns, and everyone other expansion in the series could also be a campaign in and of itself. I'd love to see more people do stuff like that in the future. I think before we see that though, we're gonna have to see a more stable version of the client.

WC3 Community Version, we're all counting on you. 🤞

Level 4
Don't forget the RPG books. Technically some of this are not cannon anymore, but don't worry about that cause these are better world building stories anyway. And some thing story wise start to get janky in TBC, at least Illidan's story was fixed in Legion.
The problem is wow's story is not streamlined like Warcraft 3. All you can do is watch some youtuber's content, but you as a new commer won't know what's in chronological.
After the RPG books watch the Vanilla wow cinematic, if you want know about Vanilla wow's story read up on these on wowpedia:
-Blackrock mountain/Dark Iron Dwarves and the story of Ragnaros, here you can read about all the other elemental lords.
-Hakkar and Zulgurub
-Onyxia and how she decieved the people of Stormwind, also the story behind Stormwind's masonary workers
-Nefarion and the Black Dragonflight also generally about all the other DragonFlight: Red, Green, Blue, Bronze
-Ahn Quiraj's reopening and the prequel story of that: War of the Shifting Sands
-Here you can search about the Old God's general: Y'Shaarj, C'Thun, Yogg-Saron and N'Zoth their prequel story is the Black Empire many years ago.
-Re-enter Kel'thuzad and Naxxramas
There are some interesting stories that touches upon local events or some families' private life and the effects of the Scourge on Lordaeron, some even heartbreaking stuff.
Then the reignation of the Dark Portal, then here starts TBC.