• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Incomming v0.14a

Reactions: Shendoo2

===================
== Zombie Incomming ==
===================

Welcome community,

General Infos:
- Name: Zombie Incomming (Z.I.)
- Author: Gamestargamer
- Genre: Survival
- Max. Player: 11

Short introduction

At first, the host pick the settings (too less atm)
[e.x: Forestmode: 75-125 Tree will be plant randomly over the map]
Game start with "-start"
----
You have headstart of 30 seconds before the first zombies will spawn.

Now you (and your team) must be fast build up an defense. The zombies are very weak but they multiple with "each" kill.
So there are no safe place around, your base will fall. Always enlarge your base to prevent to die.

For each kill you gain points. There are several awards, if you reach a point limit.
At 10.000 Points you gain the advanced worker, who can build "better" towers and walls.

For every 300 point you get an upgrade, which strenghen your walls and tower.As you the undead will get better too,it depends on the kills.

I deveopled a system to balanced the player. All the more percent of points a player gained so much lesser points he will get.
[e.x: A player has 50% of the teampoints, and kills a zombies that gives 25 points.
He will get 12.5(50%)points and the other 12.5 will be share over the teams.]
So there will be no extreme difference between the player points.

---
Just survive as long as possible.
---

Later i will add a Save/Load system to save played Games,Killed Zombies and more but no points.

Have fun and good luck!

Protected?: Yes
Sorry for my bad english

Keywords:
Zombie, Survival, Tower, Walls, teamplay,
Contents

Zombie Incomming v0.14a (Map)

Reviews
10:14, 6th June 2009 by bounty hunter2: Not a bad game, quite fast paced and fun to play. The game finishes relatively fast and that's good. The terrain could use some improvements, such as height variations that could prove as a strategic...

M

10:14, 6th June 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Not a bad game, quite fast paced and fun to play. The game finishes relatively fast and that's good.

The terrain could use some improvements, such as height variations that could prove as a strategic advance. Aswell as some more dodoads.

You should add some images to the description, and put them in hidden tags. Also you should put some game modes to increase the replayability value of the map.

You should also add more buildings, fix the sprint hotkey (Not working.) and remove the German words that are still in the map.

Approved with a 2/5 (Lacking) rating..

Level 4
V 1.12a
The game play is fast pace, fun, and simple. With more updates this will be a great arcade like game.
The game is also short and not much really happens, I think it's because the command to set Zombies values doesn't work (The -zombies ### command)
With a Full House, this map is too small for everyone to build without cluttering against each other, I suggest doubling the map area for more bases.
Is there any bosses or certain zombies that spawns randomly at a percentage or base on points?
Incomming is spell wrong, it is Incoming.

Last edited:
Level 5
Answer

XenoSword]cn[;1151855 said:
The game play is fast pace, fun, and simple. With more updates this will be a great arcade like game.
As it should be
The game is also short and not much really happens, I think it's because the command to set Zombies values doesn't work (The -zombies ### command)
Just fixed
With a Full House, this map is too small for everyone to build without cluttering against each other, I suggest doubling the map area for more bases.
I think, the map is big enough...
Is there any bosses or certain zombies that spawns randomly at a percentage or base on points?
On this i am currently working
Incomming is spell wrong, it is Incoming.
That was designedly

I will update the map as soon as possible

Level 1
This is a nice map.
Although late game is not very balanced, the early game is always very nice and fast. Especially with full house, it makes fun to watch the Zombies, destroying everything.

But I think, you´ll be able to find a way to enhance middle and lategame.

Actually i know but one bug - the barricade hopper. But as you said, you have fixed it, yet.

So this map is fun at all, but there are still some glitches and bugs, which you should fix.

Level 6
well at first i wondered about the point system. is it just instead of gold? or got it more/special functions? just tested the game and played 5min so pls tell me :D

Level 2
hummm i dont know what to say i can never make a that good game but still to hard more time to build in begining please :)

Level 9
you should add a restart command

EDIT: after i played it more i thought it started to get boring because when you kill a monster theres just more. You should make it after somone kills a monster it spawns in the middle of the map or something.

and i found a bug where when like a cornor wall is destroyed and you kill a zombie they somtimes spawn inside your base and then your dead.

Last edited:
Level 5
you should add a restart command

I work on it.

EDIT: after i played it more i thought it started to get boring because when you kill a monster theres just more. You should make it after somone kills a monster it spawns in the middle of the map or something.

Just made a mode that let zombies respawn in the middle

and i found a bug where when like a cornor wall is destroyed and you kill a zombie they somtimes spawn inside your base and then your dead.
Thats a issue, that i can't fix with my method.

I will upload 0.13 soon a possible
with following new features:

- 3 different sizes
- 1 boss
- more commands

and more

Level 6
Nice map!
Nice that there are people in the Hiveworkshop who read also the great GameStar magazine^^

Pro:
- Zombie map!
- Teamplay
- No micro management
- Small file size

Negative:
- Terrains are boring
- Less types of zombies
- Only tower upgrades?
- Wall upgrade?

Ideas:

- More help for beginners plz

Level 5
Terrain is boring because i going to develop a system to change the tileset. So i cant place doodads or other things.

What you mean with "Wall upgrades"? You gain a upgradelevel every 300 points. And at 10k you get access to build an advanced wall.

I think 2 standard zombies will be enough. Sure, i will add more "special" zombies, but standards ones will be.

help, hmm i will add some tips.

Level 3
I would still suggest some ruhnes in the game. That spawn randomly and give new fun!

I would also suggest some 'Random events' like 'Zombie invasion' (+ 2 Zombies), or 'Magic zombie' (A Zombie-Mage enters the map) or 'Slow' (Zombies are slow for some seconds) or 'Gold-Rain' (+50 Gold to all players)... just some unforeseeable events

Or maybe you could add weather. eg: Rain slows zombies, snow decreases tower-damage, rays of moonlight increases worker-movementspeed

Level 3
The important thing is to keep the map original, there are a lot of zombie maps out there, you need to keep this one original and fast paced.

10 Ideas for Map -
1). Restart trigger for map (this is defiantly needed), so people don't need to re host map if they want to play again.
2). Let the players Choose difficulty, set a buffer on the map which decreases zombies Armour depending on difficulty chosen --> Start with (hard, medium, easy)
3). I really like the random Events suggested by ToS-Master, that's the exact thing that could give your map an edge over others. (Perhaps use a spell like tranquility or star fall to base them off) or just add another ability reducing movement speed or Armour of zombies
Rain: slows zombies by making the ground muddy
Snow: decreases tower-damage and visibility

For the next three change the clock to the time provided
Moonlight: increases worker-movementspeed
Midnight Night: Gives zombies vampire aura, increased movement speed
Midday: Heals towers, peasant etc.
4). A blink or Jump could be useful, cos players wall them selves in and are trapped
5). Allow players to see each other, watching other players is a good way for new players to learn what works (apply visibilities, or let people build fires to see more of map)
6). After players die do something to keep them in game until next round, i.e. let them become a undead player
7). Also the Ruhnes Suggested (again by ToS-Master) would be great or coins with extra gold spawning randomly. Something good enough for people to come out of there base to get. Perhaps:
Double Damage --> Gives all towers double Damage, for 30 Seconds
Invincibility --> towers etc become invincible for 10 seconds
Incinerate --> All Zombies catch on fire and burn to the ground giving players time to rebuild and repair for next attack
Cure --> An item that when cast on a zombie player (if u chose to let them be zombies after they die) will make them back into a peasant
8). More towers, more choice always good.
9). End game you cant start a new base very easily because there are zombies EVERYWHERE, Not the fun type where is scary and adrenalin pumping, but the annoying type where you cant do anything cos they will rip it down immediately. Make it so the zombies give you time to recover every so often, by responding and trying to kill them you only quicken your own death. Something like incinerate above could be very helpful with this.
10). Some ideas for buildings if u want to add more:
1). Waygate, lets you teleport to your allies base if they have one as well (works as a way gate) and help out or flee there. Has ability auto destruct which auto destructs its self --> Late game
2). Repair Building (town hall), where you can build or train more peasants which will heal your walls, build towers etc
3). Item store -->
Buy gun - uses shock wave with different model
Healing potions - Heals some health, removes virus if u want to add it that when you are bitten you get infected and lose health slowly (slow poison)
4). Upgrade center allows you to research upgrades

Id advise:
Keeping the map original - Which is really hard
Keeping the file size low - don't add picture at start, custom models etc
Keeping the game pace fast - build times low etc
Keeping the terrain randomized - So no game is the exact same and so it remains fun time after time, make doodads randomly as well etc. This may add a little lag at the beginning of the game
Keep that arcade feel - Runes and special events are perfect

-Dragon-Fire

Level 5
The important thing is to keep the map original, there are a lot of zombie maps out there, you need to keep this one original and fast paced.

10 Ideas for Map -
1). Restart trigger for map (this is defiantly needed), so people don't need to re host map if they want to play again.
Afaik i cant reset upgrades... i must build a workaround
2). Let the players Choose difficulty, set a buffer on the map which decreases zombies Armour depending on difficulty chosen --> Start with (hard, medium, easy)
I will add it maybe
3). I really like the random Events suggested by ToS-Master, that's the exact thing that could give your map an edge over others. (Perhaps use a spell like tranquility or star fall to base them off) or just add another ability reducing movement speed or Armour of zombies
Random events will be add in next versions

For the next three change the clock to the time provided
Moonlight: increases worker-movementspeed
Midnight Night: Gives zombies vampire aura, increased movement speed
Midday: Heals towers, peasant etc.
I dont want to include weather
4). A blink or Jump could be useful, cos players wall them selves in and are trapped
Thats their own fault, and the second builder has blink
5). Allow players to see each other, watching other players is a good way for new players to learn what works (apply visibilities, or let people build fires to see more of map)
w00t?
6). After players die do something to keep them in game until next round, i.e. let them become a undead player
If i get the restarttrigger working
7). Also the Ruhnes Suggested (again by ToS-Master) would be great or coins with extra gold spawning randomly. Something good enough for people to come out of there base to get. Perhaps:
Double Damage --> Gives all towers double Damage, for 30 Seconds
Invincibility --> towers etc become invincible for 10 seconds
Incinerate --> All Zombies catch on fire and burn to the ground giving players time to rebuild and repair for next attack
Cure --> An item that when cast on a zombie player (if u chose to let them be zombies after they die) will make them back into a peasant
I dont like runes idea, there is no enough time to collect them
8). More towers, more choice always good.
If you get more points you get more towers
9). End game you cant start a new base very easily because there are zombies EVERYWHERE, Not the fun type where is scary and adrenalin pumping, but the annoying type where you cant do anything cos they will rip it down immediately. Make it so the zombies give you time to recover every so often, by responding and trying to kill them you only quicken your own death. Something like incinerate above could be very helpful with this.
Yeah, that a problem in the middle/late game. I already searched a good sulution.
10). Some ideas for buildings if u want to add more:
1). Waygate, lets you teleport to your allies base if they have one as well (works as a way gate) and help out or flee there. Has ability auto destruct which auto destructs its self --> Late game
Done
2). Repair Building (town hall), where you can build or train more peasants which will heal your walls, build towers etc
Already incluced, but only a single building
3). Item store -->
Buy gun - uses shock wave with different model
Items makes the game complicated, so i think no
Healing potions - Heals some health, removes virus if u want to add it that when you are bitten you get infected and lose health slowly (slow poison)
4). Upgrade center allows you to research upgrades
Same as items

-Dragon-Fire

there is my answer

Last edited:
Level 3
Was having a go at better testing the map and here is what i found:
1). Elite builder cant build fire towers (as far as i can tell)
2). Couldn't get 50 mana to get prize with elite worker
3). The default max of about 140 zombies really lags the game, maybe lower the max a bit and up the power of the zombies or something
4). The description in quests doesn't describe the game very well, explain to noobs what needs to be done again
5). Its really hard to survive long enough to get the better worker, i am not sure if this is planned
6). The terrain should be done up a bit (but i think you already mentioned about fixing this)

Hope this helps

Level 5
Was having a go at better testing the map and here is what i found:
1). Elite builder cant build fire towers (as far as i can tell)
i take a look
2). Couldn't get 50 mana to get prize with elite worker
Fixed
3). The default max of about 140 zombies really lags the game, maybe lower the max a bit and up the power of the zombies or something
maybe it should decreased by 10-20.
4). The description in quests doesn't describe the game very well, explain to noobs what needs to be done again
Fixed
5). Its really hard to survive long enough to get the better worker, i am not sure if this is planned
as it should be
6). The terrain should be done up a bit (but i think you already mentioned about fixing this)
This will take some time

Hope this helps

thx ^^

Level 2
Well... it is just an incridible map :) Realy awsome, and I realy like it!!!
Ehrm... can I make a suggest? :) I think you must full your bestiary with some exotical monsters XD. For example, Etheral Ghosts)) (Only Mage Towers can attack them) Realy dangeruosly)) The Danger must be from everywhere and from the air too. Your map size realy small so that i think it is will be better if you'll use more imported objects. And put a MIST in your map! You must create realy SCARY atmosphiere in it. Do somethin with relief plz ;) This Map must looks better! Good luck! Sorry for my bad eng too)) T_T

Level 5
I played with the new version and I get fatal at 15k points (after about 45min gametime with 2 alive player).
after 45min it was boring .D (and started laging..)
advanced builder is crapy. sprint is more usefull than blink...
advanced builder towers are useless as well advanced walls...
u could add harder zombies from around the point that a averege player reach advanced builder and u should make advanced builder's buildings more powerfull.
btw great map and I liked the updates :D 5/5

Level 3
Bugs:
1). I cant get fortress mode to work!!! How do u let zombies spawn? It might be something to do with your point system.
2). When its raining its cool and creepy but like really hard to see, perhaps making it a bit easier to see whats going on...
3). The system with commands is a little hard to get at first, maybe adding a paragraph at the top explaining how to pick game modes for the complete noob

But in short a good update. I really like the removing the pathing on the boxes so you can flee. If you want to make it scarier try adding some creepy sounds that play during game play.

Level 2
1)I think when builder dies - he must be turned into zombie :) Dead players must have a second chance)) But in a zombie form ^^!
2) Work with tilesets plz
3) Use other models. Diffrent sized and one faced zombies bored realy fast. Why don't U use Adomination model (And call it by Butcher ^^ with low atk and move speeds but big Damage and HP), or basic zombie model. Try to Find other zombie models)). Make some monsters that can't be duplicated on death. And some flying creatures ( Expl - Vampire bats=)). We want more extreme XD
4) Give Auras for some bosses
5) Use sound editor for atmosphiere making.
6) )) Just an idea:
Undying Zombie - Has a Reincarnation abillity with big delay)) it will be realy cool when zombie's corpse suddenly rise up after death)) Abllity cooldown 30 sec)) Realy hot =)) And make some etheral units with magic type damege - then they will can attack.
7) extreme! EXSTreme! EXSTREME!!!!! AND MORE EXTREME!!!!! AAAA!!!! Love Ur map ;)
P.S. I realy LOVE THIS MAP!!! You are genious!!! I was playing this map the whole day))

Reply plz what U think about this ^^!

Last edited:
Level 5
1)I think when builder dies - he must be turned into zombie :) Dead players must have a second chance)) But in a zombie form ^^!
I will do on my ToDo-List
2) Work with tilesets plz
It takes some time to include all tilesets, trees
3) Use other models. Diffrent sized and one faced zombies bored realy fast. Why don't U use Adomination model (And call it by Butcher ^^ with low atk and move speeds but big Damage and HP), or basic zombie model. Try to Find other zombie models)). Make some monsters that can't be duplicated on death. And some flying creatures ( Expl - Vampire bats=)). We want more extreme XD
Maybe i will add some specialmonster
4) Give Auras for some bosses
First i need more bosses
5) Use sound editor for atmosphiere making.
Try rain
6) )) Just an idea:
Undying Zombie - Has a Reincarnation abillity with big delay)) it will be realy cool when zombie's corpse suddenly rise up after death)) Abllity cooldown 30 sec)) Realy hot =)) And make some etheral units with magic type damege - then they will can attack.
To Do List
7) extreme! EXSTreme! EXSTREME!!!!! AND MORE EXTREME!!!!! AAAA!!!! Love Ur map ;)
P.S. I realy LOVE THIS MAP!!! You are genious!!! I was playing this map the whole day))
o_O

Reply plz what U think about this ^^!

that i think

@random.location: will some1 play alone i will add this

Level 5
You haven't turned of the -release trigger in fortress mode so the game resets every time you type it
- I haven't checked but make sure its turned off if fortress mode isn't enabled as well

thx, just fixed it

There is soo much work to do for 0.14 but:
- it will support random tileset to offer more than the "village"
- dead players respawn as zombies
- increased preformance
- and much more that i can't remember ^^

Level 2
I hope this project won't dead :(
I just can't wait for the next map version any more. What ideas do you need for? For bosses making, terraining or gameplay? mayby I can help you with somethin...

Level 2
I will Think about it during my spare time. i will try to Help You! ^^ Your map is realy good, so thatYOu must keep it save and impove it!

Try this.
1 Spell
Type: Passive, Boss Ability
Name: Blood Bath
Description: Everytime when The Boss loses his HP (When he's damaged) His blood will heal nearly zombies. Causes any (For axmple 20%) damage taken by boss to be reflected and changed and heal all nearly zombies in 600 AOE(For example).

2 Spell
Type: Passive
Name:Zombie's Bite
Description: Every zombie's bite will make a builder sick and reduce his Armor by 1. (Buffs stacks with one another)

3 Spell
Type: Active, Boss Ability
Name: Hunger
When bosse's Hp is on low Hp amount he can eat nearly zombie to restore some hit points.

4 Spell
Type: passive
Name: Plague
Atacked player will infected. And he will lose 1% Hp per second. All alied builders which contacted with infected player will infected too. Duration ~20 seocnds. (They infected^^ They have 2 choses => they must to stay far from one another,
=> Or just stay in a crowd of infected builders and infect each other Again and again. (Aoe of infection ~300) Hmmm... so cruel ';..;' =)) )

Or this,
Just An Idea: When zombie kills (Or eats^^) a builder, he will recover all his hp (or 50% of Builder's full Hp amount), And after that Zombie will Grow up and become bigger and faster or somethin like that :) (Or builders Death will heal all nearly zobies)
Give them an ability to eat corpses(So disgusting =)). Or make them faster when they can smell a human with low HP.

I've found for you some interesting models. Link for download http://depositfiles.com/en/files/818ep4fk6

http://depositfiles.com/files/x53fp1g2z
Try to play this Map. it's not bad at it's terrain. Maiby You'll find some ideas.
Have you ever watch Resident Evil? you can find a lot of ideas in this film. The best movie about zombies Ever. You can use some soundtrack from it. Just convert it to Midi and reduce it filesize. Or use a small part Of it. But i'm not profi at working with MusicFiles.

I have a model of a nasty meat worm. if you need i will find it in my archeve.

P.S. Work! Work^^! You've put your Hand on this project so that Rise both of your hands and turn your Map into The best survival ever. If i will have more ideas I Will share it with you imideately.

Just Another Idea:
Add Builder Class System.
Ways of Builder training. 1) Fighter <= Standart builder => 2)Deffender
3)Рhysician

1) Can construct powerful towers with Big attack damage and Attack rate. Can use Mines and bombs with detonation. His magical towers can defeat all enemies with their's rockets.
Team Role: Damager
2)Deffender. His walls just undestructible! Can construct walls with big Hp amount and Armor. Walls can has abilities such as spiked walls (Just like buildings of orks)
Team Role: Tanker
3) This builder has small ranged attack. His cup of tea - Magic. can build Aura towers, Towers with Fighting Magic And Recovery ability.
Team Role: Support

And make green and Stinky zombies =))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZcREFrrA7k
i suggest you to Watch this.

Waiting for your answer.

Last edited: