• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zergling model! >:O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm curious... When does Starcraft 2 come out? and also what are those new protoss units with the four legs that are so tall?

Level 12
You know... you could always just go to there site... they show all the units that are out so far...

And around feb 2009 i think

Level 24
Starcraft 2 doesn't have a set release date, and you're possibly thinking of either the Colossus if they're tall and skinny, or the Immortals if they're sort of thick and have arms that end in guns.

You know... you could always just go to there site... they show all the units that are out so far...

Not so much. They don't have Zerglings, they don't have those big blue things that look like marines on crack, they don't have those underground burrowy things for Zerg. A Protoss unit called a Nullifier (or something) was mentioned in an update for SC2, but is not on http://www.starcraft2.com/. They definitely don't have Ultralisks, and those things are absolutely monstrous compared to SC2.

Level 12
Thats because they haven't finished completing them yet. Screenies and videos really mean nothing. those videos were mainly using them as testing as well as designing them. Most of the protoss and the terran are completed, Like they have said, its been real hard trying to design them just right, and they arn't 100% sure on the content. For whats official and completed, its on the SC2 site.

hes thinking of the colossus

Level 24
If they know what it is going to look like and what it is going to do, they can balance it later and put it on the website first, especially because the website doesn't show specific stats. The website doesn't have all the units that are "out."

Level 12
The website doesn't have all the units that are "out."
Thats because they aren't out, how would fan sites get there info? Lot of it isn't official, if it isn't on the site its either not official or they are still working on it.

Level 24
Thats because they aren't out, how would fan sites get there info?
Please try to make more sense next time. If it isn't out, then the info on fansites is speculation based on things that have been said, or just plain making shit up. Your argument kind of falls in two right there.

Lot of it isn't official, if it isn't on the site its either not official or they are still working on it.
The Nullifier I mentioned was talked about in an official blog post or whatever about the status of SC2. They know exactly what it is going to do, and since the website doesn't have specific stats for each unit, Blizzard would have no problem with putting the Nullifier on the website and fine-tuning it later. At any rate, your definition of "out" seems to be a lot stupider than mine, so let's just stop the discussion.

Level 13
...but you must admit, the game seems to be nearing relative completion quickly, i would be suprised if we did not have a closed or open beta/demo by christmas, if not the full game.

Level 25
Thats because they haven't finished completing them yet. Screenies and videos really mean nothing. those videos were mainly using them as testing as well as designing them. Most of the protoss and the terran are completed, Like they have said, its been real hard trying to design them just right, and they arn't 100% sure on the content. For whats official and completed, its on the SC2 site.

hes thinking of the colossus

You do know that the website is just for hype huh?
I'm pretty sure that they've completed almost all of the races now, as how could they otherwise have started on the campaigns?

Level 13
...and they have been balancing for some time now. Thus why i draw my conclusion about its release date. Oh and the fact that the terran campaing was actually DEMOED, (youtube it) Its reasonable to think that they are over 65% at the very least.

From what i know they still have to do:
voice acting (for some units)
campaing work (terran might be done now, but the protoss and zerg might still be WIP)
balancing (blizzard always works on balancing straight to the end, but they should be nearing some kind of general balance by now. At least one would think so.)
Battle.net (likely one of the last things that will be worked on)

The graphics seem to be around 100%, the engine is complete, barring the need to add any new abilities to late units. The campaing voice acting seemed to be well underway from what i observed in the demo. The UI looked ready, the AI seemed to be... well... at least partially complete.

This, and the knowledge that blizzard never slacks off, is what i based my assumptions as far as release dates are concerned.

Level 24
Blizzard doesn't slack off. In fact, they're rather meticulous. That's why you can't have much of an idea as to when it's actually going to be released, because they're going to be fine-tuning everything.

Level 4
I am a casual SC player

I wont complain about tiny details

I wont boycott because of 2 fucking legs

I am why blizz doesnt give a shit about the leg changes

Status
Not open for further replies.