1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Zergling model! >:O

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by Neiko, Jun 18, 2007.

1. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah. They've already been introduced in some of the zerg screenshots.

2. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    They arnt "holding" any shields, the marines have small shields attached to there left arm, they HOLD the gun on there right arm and shoot it, the other arm is only used to keep the gun steady and still. All they do is hold the bottom of the end of the gun...

Besides the fact it looks like the marines are working for the red cross, there shields are fine(with baynets!)

The Zerglings are awesome, if they add jumping over cliffs it would be overpowered, because that means they would be weaker.

But hey! At least there not giving that blink ability to a hydra or ultralisk. A zergling wouldn't be a bad thing, they would just be more annoying

3. Phill

Phill

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not too terribly worried about what they do with the units for SC2 as long as they still have a good object editor for it like they do for WC3 so you can make whatever customizations you want.

All I know is, I'm anxious to be able to customize units and abilities with Starcraft units like you can with the units in WC3... The wings are a good start for an ability that will allow zerglings to melee-attack flyers. Or, what my big dream is, a Tier 3 upgrade to give your zerglings the ability to cloak :grin:

As if a swarm of fully upgraded zerglings wasn't evil enough as it were...

Yeh I know this was posted ages ago, but I still have to comment, it's been my experience in original SC that flying in a few dozen overlords loaded with zerglings right into the heart of a base, will devastate an economy even without a kamikaze ability. By the time the tanks/reavers/whatever hit 'em, they've already killed off most/all of the SCV's/probes/what have ya if not demolished the Command Center/Nexus. The Zergling Drop is one of my fav tactics! :xxd:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2008
  4. Anything.

Anything.

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Phil, are you aware that there is an "edit" option so that you don't have to double-post?

6. Vasxazard

Vasxazard

Resources:
    Resources:
    You need to relise that the Swarm is evolving, thus the appearence on the outside will change. If you notice other small changes have occured among all of the Swarm units. This change is just a small thing that should not be woried about or criticized. I am no expert on starcraft so if you do not value my opinion I wouldn't blame you.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  7. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, your right, the swarm does constantly change and evolve. I guess kerrigan decided that zerglings needed a bit more depth in addition to the typical swarm attack fighter they have always been. IMO, it adds even more strategy to a loved unit on top of the heaps of existing strategies (like one guy said a while back, zergling drops, the classic rushing, ect) Just as long as they are as fast and in a weird way cute like in the original, I have no problem with the changes (granted i will probably never use the banelings, but thats more about prefrence than anything else).

Oh, on a totaly off topic and derailing point- Has anyone noticed that the new infested terrans use theyre guns now ? I could have sworn i saw a screenshot of them. I wonder if they lost theyre explosive ability from the original starcraft to make room for the baneling ?

Just my thoughts.

8. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's possible that they use guns and exploding is an ability. That would be awesome.

9. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I think they should have used werewulf's zergling model. It is plain ownage.

10. Anything.

Anything.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I read somewhere that they plan on allowing you to infest any type of non-zerg building and have them auto-spawn units, ie. Infested Protoss / Infested Terran that have a short lifespan. That would be these. I would assume Protoss use their... Lightning katar things.

Um, I'll look for the source.

And yes, Banelings will take up that explosive spot in place of them.

11. KyonKun

KyonKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm curious... When does Starcraft 2 come out? and also what are those new protoss units with the four legs that are so tall?

12. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know... you could always just go to there site... they show all the units that are out so far...

And around feb 2009 i think

13. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Starcraft 2 doesn't have a set release date, and you're possibly thinking of either the Colossus if they're tall and skinny, or the Immortals if they're sort of thick and have arms that end in guns.

Not so much. They don't have Zerglings, they don't have those big blue things that look like marines on crack, they don't have those underground burrowy things for Zerg. A Protoss unit called a Nullifier (or something) was mentioned in an update for SC2, but is not on http://www.starcraft2.com/. They definitely don't have Ultralisks, and those things are absolutely monstrous compared to SC2.

14. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats because they haven't finished completing them yet. Screenies and videos really mean nothing. those videos were mainly using them as testing as well as designing them. Most of the protoss and the terran are completed, Like they have said, its been real hard trying to design them just right, and they arn't 100% sure on the content. For whats official and completed, its on the SC2 site.

hes thinking of the colossus

15. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    If they know what it is going to look like and what it is going to do, they can balance it later and put it on the website first, especially because the website doesn't show specific stats. The website doesn't have all the units that are "out."

16. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats because they aren't out, how would fan sites get there info? Lot of it isn't official, if it isn't on the site its either not official or they are still working on it.

17. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please try to make more sense next time. If it isn't out, then the info on fansites is speculation based on things that have been said, or just plain making shit up. Your argument kind of falls in two right there.

The Nullifier I mentioned was talked about in an official blog post or whatever about the status of SC2. They know exactly what it is going to do, and since the website doesn't have specific stats for each unit, Blizzard would have no problem with putting the Nullifier on the website and fine-tuning it later. At any rate, your definition of "out" seems to be a lot stupider than mine, so let's just stop the discussion.

18. Vasxazard

Vasxazard

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm just gona say that I heard it was coming out at around Christmas of this year.

19. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Taken directly from http://starcraft2.com/faq.xml

20. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    ...but you must admit, the game seems to be nearing relative completion quickly, i would be suprised if we did not have a closed or open beta/demo by christmas, if not the full game.