• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zerg Invasion - Survival of the Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Zerg Invasion - Survival of the Strong (A Hero Seige Map)

Zerg Invasion

Survival of the Strong

Ideas

o Based way before the events starcraft, so units wont be the same,less soffisticated(<<how do i spell that again)

o 4 player

o the idea of the game is to survive the unending waves of the zerg for as long as you can

o the race is orc

o 4 classes

o tank - "Orc - Beserker" has taunt and the ability to ensnare air units, good hp and armour, average attack, abilities are limited but has quick mana regen

o High damage Spell Caster - Shaman - has blood lust, an AoD ability, (and others) has average hp good damage high cooldown, armour sucks. High mana capacity and pretty good regen

o Healer - Seer - has a heal ability, has rejuvination, divine shield, and a few benificial buff abilities, low hp, high mana, average armour, basicaly useless attack

o Ranged - Huntress - average damage, low cooldown, marksman abilities (aimed shot, barrage type ability, searing arrows, poisen arrows and cold arrows) high hp, average armour

o since the map might get dull im putting in plenty of easter eggs and random events

any suggestions?

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_032408_130331_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_032408_130331_02.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Level 4
sounds like a hero siege map to me, having heroes fight waves of creeps etc. Which... is a good thing, siege maps are good co-op fun and a break from pvp style play.

I don't think you should have orcs vs zerg... considering orcs arent from the starcraft universe and having aliens against fantasy orcs just doesn't sound viable... i think you will get alot of harsh criticism for it.

I suggest instead of calling them zerg they should just be demons - you can still use the zerg models and such but atleast it wont sound like such a clash between the sci-fi and fantasy genres.

4 classes doesnt sound particularly interesting either, considering there is alot of hero siege maps out there that have a much larger variety of heroes to pick from. But what you do have sounds nice, like they would compliment each other in battle.

I suggest you play a few siege maps for ideas for your own, one I really enjoyed playing was called Hero Siege X, it had good heroes, massive waves of creeps and fun random events. Try downloading that (probably off epic war) and use that for a base of inspiration. Good luck

Level 3
i was thinking of making well balanced 4 heroes in which you cold do manythings with, instead of a huge variety of units who arent as well designed. I might change it to demons but i like the zerg idea because despite what others would say it is plausable, and all the zerg really are is a bunch of monsters who devour everything in sight, so its not all that sci-fi, i will have a look at hero seige x though

edit, i might put in an extra class, but i cant think of one that wouldnt be either useless, too strong or just plain un balanced

Status
Not open for further replies.