• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paths of destiny ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
The basics
I have the idea... but no big story plot or quest ideas.

Base idea is an orpg thing, With a choose your own race part of it.
Sort of like world of warcraft thing.. could be a pretty good thing.
More races means more quests, and more quests means more intrest, and more intrest means more players, and more players... you get the point.

Storyline:
Not so sure of this yet....

Races:
  • Humans (The humans have strong spellcasters and warriors, a very versitile race. Humans have strong starting atributes armour and weapons. However they have no real outstanding benifits)
  • Orcs (Strongest starting strength and second strongest hp. The orcs have flimsy weapons and armor but make up for it with good base damage and attack)
  • Blood elves (Start with the highest mana and have average armor and weapons. They are strong spellcasters and they have the uniqe battlemage class.)
  • Night elves (Best bows and shadowmeld ability, they start with the lowest health but have strong allies to meatshield for them)
  • Tauren (Weakest armour, average weapons. Tauren have the strongest starting hp and come equiped with a bash ability, tauren do well in groups.)
  • Dwarves (Dwarves have the best weapons and armour, but they have no spellcasters.)
  • Goblins (Wanderers (wanderers have mobile bases, caravans and such) they usually have a machine to assist them, but are better suited working alone seeing as machines don't work well together.)

Last edited:
Level 7
Lots of people don't, but for the people who actually like quests it gives them a thing to do.... of course they would be optionable. It would be a free roam with many towns and people. People who have played wow will know what i mean.

Hopefully the amount of races will keep people interested...

Because every rpg nowadays is based on the 1 race, people need a choice.

Races will have race only benifits, encouraging people to play once as each.

Level 12
Lots of people don't, but for the people who actually like quests it gives them a thing to do.... of course they would be optionable. It would be a free roam with many towns and people. People who have played wow will know what i mean.

Hopefully the amount of races will keep people interested...

Because every rpg nowadays is based on the 1 race, people need a choice.

Races will have race only benifits, encouraging people to play once as each.

I hear ya there....
Check my forum in the single player and 1337 vs nub catagories...

If they aren't up... Just recheck it in the following days...
I'll add a thread for Race (for 1337 vs nubs)
and a thread for Quests...

I've written this a couple times... And I'm not a fan of writing things over and over again....
Some shits out of order... check balancing instead of tact for some things.....

Hopefuly you can make some races noobified and others 1337 to make sure that

Also see my sig in the forum....
Theres a whole bunch of stuff there.. help yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.