• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Warcraft Based ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I may make a map in the future that uses races, units, items, and certain heroes and stuff in it from TFT. The game will not be based in Azeroth, but in Anuvien a continent near Azeroth. The races will be the Haldir Survivors (humans), the Ragewolf Clan (orcs), The Ken'Tior (elves), and The Storm Hoof Clan (Tauren).

Anuvien is a desert country
Picking a race:
In the beginning of the game you pick a race to play as and then pick your hero.

Picking a Hero:
After you pick your race you will pick a hero. There will be 4 heros per race.

Races:

The Haldir Survivors (humans):

The Haldir were originally from Azeroth. The have had to leave because the Scourge has taken over and is killing every thing in its path. The Haldir control many towns and are mostly located in the northen region of Anuven and in the East.

The Rage Wolf Clan (orcs):

The Rage Wolf Clan is the biggest and strongest orc clan in Anuven. The clan has lived in Anuven for centuries and do not take well to strangers. They have vowed to crush to Haldir and set things right again. The clan is mainly based in the south and east.

The Ken'Tior (elves):

The Ken'Tior are are a proud and noble people. The Ken'Tior a race devoted to magic and will stop at nothing to have it.The Ken'Tior are located in the west and in the center of Avuvin.

The Storm Hoof Clan (tauren):

The Storm Hoof clan are a group of wanderers. They are peaceful and kind. They are located in all part of Anuvin.

Heros:

Haldir Hero's:
Worrier, Paladin, Mage, Worrier Mage.

Rage Wolf Hero's:
Shaman, Grunt, Hunter, Shadow Priest.

The Ken'Tior Hero's:
Blood Captian, Spell Breaker, Mana Thief, Priest.

Storm Hoof Hero's:
Brute, Spirit Walker, Druid, Earth Walker.

Leaders:

Haldir: Sir Arthur Stromwind
Rage Wolf: Carc the Wrathful
The Ken'Tior: Bin'Tally
Storm Hoof: Raven Darkcloud

Features:
There will be castle sieges. Save and load (if i can figure how to do it). Tons of quests. And probably versions that introduce new races and worlds. There will be some sort of transport system. (not all the features, just some that i could think of.)
I plan to use as few of hives models as possible (this will be a first 4 me)
I hope you like my idea and plz post some suggestions.

Last edited:
Level 2
Nice ideea, i hope that u'r storyline will come to bee good, but there's only one think i'll like to ask now, or rather i'd like to confront you with. Are the tauren clan a stable clan and dont like to move to often, i would say that rather then leaving there ancestors lands i think they would defend them even at the price of there lives :p. So when did they ended up a group of wanderers?

Level 6
hmm, this is only an idea so i'm really not sure. If i do make it, it won't be for a while. But i was thinking that they would have a stable main base and then a few towns scatered around the map.

Level 14
Hmm.
Coremarine said:
Worrier, Paladin, Mage, Worrier Mage.

What models would you use for warrior, mage, and warrior mage? Paladin is obvious because, well, it's a paladin.

The same question goes for the other races.

I would suggest using some custom models. Like some by General Frank or something.

EDIT: I like the idea :)

Level 6
Hmm.

What models would you use for warrior, mage, and warrior mage? Paladin is obvious because, well, it's a paladin.

The same question goes for the other races.

I would suggest using some custom models. Like some by General Frank or something.

EDIT: I like the idea :)
ya i really on plan on using custom skins/models 4 the heroes.

Level 2
As a little sugestion for your ideea map, i would be better not to base the action on any know continets from Warcraft or WoW ;). I would suggest that u make a new continent, or island, or land. You will only need a name. Now why would i sugest this kind of thing:
-first of all you might bup into players that will say something like: "this isn't even close to how Anuvien looks like", or they would say that they wouldn't agree with the ideea from your campaings ;).The making of a new land will get rid of all this problems at once, people will not aquse u of anything, they wont have how since it would be something new
-second it will bring something that most players love, and that would be something new to discover, so they wont get bored to easy of your campaign, and if u combine this with a swell story line and some nice new features like mabe say optional quest that will bring unlook something further in the storyline, or an intem that you would have to get but this will get you off the main storyline for a while ( this would create more diversety, but this would mean more work, depends on how much you would want to put in this project ;) )
-third it will help with the storyline, since u sed that The Haldir clan are survivors; now what would survivors want to do the most if they would be the only ones there an only enemys around? I think the answer would be simple, they will go looking for other lands, lands that haven't been charted yet ;). So that's how you can include the tauren tribe in the story and the orcs and the elves. Lets say that they started traveling, and after some time passed they found a verry rugged terain, they marched a little on this tarain (the humans) and then they saw a battle, or an village that was under attack (city of the Tauren trib) eather by the scourge, eather by the legion, eather by the orcs ;). And lets say that the orcs wont be the same works that they've encountered back home, lets say that this orcs would be more primitive, more aggresive and more powerful so that the player would have some diffculty of playing the campaings and not to go through them like a knife through butter and not even notice the enemy threat ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.