• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Ideas Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So I'll be needing ability Ideas again and I can't seem to find things to my liking.

I need four abilities, in which are all normal (no ultimate) Basically I'm just finding for average and not too complicated abilities and start to develop something from them.

I need abilities for these types of heroes:

Warrior - They are primarily tankers

Assassin - Has powerful Target unit attacks but very fragile. It's they are meant to dispatch one individual at a time. At the least time possible and also has disables such as silence etc.

Magician - Has powerful AOE magica and is also fragile. They have an arsenal of elemental magic and can inflict debuffs.

I have planned on leaving off natural hp Regen so~ Recovering hp is based on items or abilities only.

I'm pretty much open to any themes just as long as it is not too complicated.

Last edited:
Level 7
What kind of map are you working on?
Also what are their roles?
Warrior: Tank?
Assassin and Magician: Dps?

Magician:
Some kind of Chain lightning - He/She will teleport to the last target (it will also do some damage).

When the magician drop below xx hp each attack made against him will increase his chance to dodge.

These spells are best for pvp, i could come op with more later ^^

Level 10
Oh thanks! Well basically it's a sort of capture the flag. The Stealers must steal an item from the Keepers base within a set amount of time and bring it back to their base. The keepers must defend it.

Well Thanks for the Ideas

Basically

Warrior - They are primarily tankers

Assassin - Has powerful Target unit attacks but very fragile. It's they are meant to dispatch one individual at a time. At the least time possible and also has disables such as silence etc.

Magician - Has powerful AOE magica and is also fragile. They have an arsenal of elemental magic and can inflict debuffs.

Level 10
Warrior:
Warroirs Blood

Type: Passive
Description: the Warriors heart start pumping quicker as more damage he takes. After a specific point, the Warriors heart starts pumping with such a speed, that the blood flow increases and his wounds start healing faster.

Function: When the Warriors HP are unter 50% his life-regenaration gets boosted by 3/5/7/9 Hp/sec.
Iron Clash

Type: Active
Description: The Warriors close-combat skills are high developed, so he has a chance to block some of an incoming damage, quick countering the attack, dealing some bonus damage.

Function: Has a Chance of 15% to Block 5/10/15/20 damage and release a counterattack on the attacking enemy which deals 1*str/1.5str/2*str/2.5*str in damage.
thats it for now, i might come up with new ideas later :)

Level 3
Magician
*winds of war (active)- The mage use elemental power to blow strong winds that reduce the attack and movespeed of units that move against it and boost the same stats to the ones that moves "with the wind" can be aplied to anyone or debuffs to enemies and buff to allies your choice.

*flame wall(active)- the magician created an path of fire that will do initial damage and damage over time to enemies that pass throught it.

* tornado flame(active)- an wind/fire mixed ability that slows an damges enemies in area.

* earth bond(active)- creates an link between the earth and one ally, this will disapear with time or when take XX damage, the target will not loose health, will be drained from the bonds HP, also while the bond is active the target will have HP regen. ( for nice effects when the link is gone the ground could turn into blight temporally).

* tidal wave(active)- water erupts from the feets of the mage and moves toward the target damaging enemies in the way.

Warrior
*Giant swing(passive)- the warrior swings its weapon in a wide move pushing and doing extra damage to enemies in AoE.

* War Cry(active)- the warriors fighting spirit motivates the allies giving temporary extra damage and health regen.

* adrenaline surge(active)- the warrior falls into a berserking stance and gains extra damage, armor and attack speed.

* ramming strike(active)- the Warrior runs foward stunning enemies in the way.

Assassin
* poison(active)- the assassin throws an poisoned dart that cripples the enemy HP regen, move speed and do damage over time.

* acrobactical strike(active)- assassin leaps above the enemy and lands at his back stunning it and doing damage.

* oportunist strike(passive)- When attacking from the side of the enemy the Assassin had a chance of doing 20% more damage, when attacking from behind an 50% more damage.

* Hunting webMagician
*winds of war (active)- The mage use elemental power to blow strong winds that reduce the attack and movespeed of units that move against it and boost the same stats to the ones that moves "with the wind" can be aplied to anyone or debuffs to enemies and buff to allies your choice.

*flame wall(active)- the magician created an path of fire that will do initial damage and damage over time to enemies that pass throught it.

* tornado flame(active)- an wind/fire mixed ability that slows an damges enemies in area.

* earth bond(active)- creates an link between the earth and one ally, this will disapear with time or when take XX damage, the target will not loose health, will be drained from the bonds HP, also while the bond is active the target will have HP regen. ( for nice effects when the link is gone the ground could turn into blight temporally).

* tidal wave(active)- water erupts from the feets of the mage and moves toward the target damaging enemies in the way.

Warrior
*Giant swing(passive)- the warrior swings its weapon in a wide move pushing and doing extra damage to enemies in AoE.

* War Cry(active)- the warriors fighting spirit motivates the allies giving temporary extra damage and health regen.

* adrenaline surge(active)- the warrior falls into a berserking stance and gains extra damage, armor and attack speed.

* ramming strike(active)- the Warrior runs foward stunning enemies in the way.

Assassin
* poison(active)- the assassin throws an poisoned dart that cripples the enemy HP regen, move speed and do damage over time.

* acrobactical strike(active)- assassin leaps above the enemy and lands at his back stunning it and doing damage.

* oportunist strike(passive)- When attacking from the side of the enemy the Assassin had a chance of doing 20% more damage, when attacking from behind an 50% more damage.

* Hunting web(active)- the assassin throws an web at the enemy rendering it unable to move and reducing its attack speed.

*fell free to change things that you want.

*i know that you will not use natural HP regen, is the only reason to this exist on the abilities.

hope it helps XD.

Last edited:
Level 7
More spells ^^

Magician:
Name: "Mind Blast" (yeah i know, not very original, but feel free to change the name if you like my idea)
Place a debuff on target enemy (i'm not sure if there should actually be a debuff thus making it easier to avoid) after xx seconds the targets mind will explode dealing small damage and silence everyone within xx range (enemies of the magician).

Name: ??
This could be done more than one way...
1: The magician marks a target location. He may then use another spell to suddenly pull EVERY unit within xx range toward the point after the target have reached the point it will be pushed away again.

2: After xx seconds the magician pull EVERY unit within xx range toward the point (actually it could be him too - no target spell), when the target have reached the final destination it will be pushed back again.

Warrior:
Name: Rampage
The Warrior charges toward the location damaging everyone in his path when he reaches the final point he will stun everyone within xx range.

Status
Not open for further replies.