• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Zealot, Elite, Brute, Predator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look guys, I am just reaaally bored right now and I found this discussion and and and I just felt like I needed to ask it here...

Fellow nerds, I ask you the question we all want an answer to:
Who would win in a fight;
-an elite with dual energy swords (halo)
-a zealot with dual psi blades (sc2)
-a brute with a spiker and a grav hammer (halo)
-and a predator with a shulda-mownted plasma caster, a smart disc, wristblade, and a magic spear thing (that movie starring ahnuld schvartzenegga and the black guy in rocky)

And most importantly, list who would die first.

I myself have no idea.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what everyone says. You do know Elites have stealth and movement radars. They can employ that tactic as well. And so whoever wins between the Brute and Zealot, gets killed by the Elite/Predator, and then the guy who kills the Brute/Zealot, is killed by the remaining. There is an even chance of the Elite winning. And even if the Predator goes, whats to say the Zealot can't use a simple charge to mow down said p***yface or the Brute fires its Spiker at the unarmored and defenseless Predator?

Man I LOVE THIS.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I think Zealot is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and mens and doesnt afraid of anything.

@Fan: Predator isn't that fast. He's probably slower than an Elite and Zealot, and he's smaller too. The net would probably only give the Brute an itch, and just do a little bit of damage to the Elite's and Zealot's shields before breaking apart. Predator doesn't have radar. His shulda-mowntd cannon is very slow and takes a long time to charge to do any kind of damage against a shielded opponent (though the cannon is probably an insta-win against a Brute at longrange).

@DSG: Then the immortal will get an energy sword stuck in its chest, a grav hammer crushing its head, a smart disc amputating its legs and a magic spear up its mechanus.
Also, if the Zealot gets an immortal upon death, than for fairness, the Elite will get a Wraith, the Brute a Prowler, and the Predator...a jeep cheroke with like a massive chaingun.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The immortals are designed to fight against massive units like untralisks. You know, units which can cut through whole buildings?

Additionally, immortals are anti machanical so even if they do get turned into a machine of their own, the immortal will still likly win.

It is not fairness, it is lore. Protoss often fight as zealots until they are mamed permantly in battle. After which they are then placed into large mechanical suits. In SC1 these were dragoons but in SC2 these were upgraded to immortals.

Immortals are not designed to fight against small units like elites or brutes (which, if they get close enough, renders the Immortal a sitting duck). Also, come on. Jeep cheroke with like a massive chaingun beats immortal anyday.

And I know you like Starcraft 2 alot. It's a good game. Maybe just shy of being as good as Halo. But please refrain from going 'too' Starcraft-y.
Anyway, if we gonna get technical:
1. This is a mano e mano e mano e mano match. The Elite doesn't get a Wraith in his death, nor does the Brute get a prowler, nor does the Predator get a...jeep cheroke with like a massive chaingun.
2. And still, I'm pretty sure it takes time to make an Immortal, by which the victor of the remaining fighters has already left and taken a nice lap after this battle. It also takes minerals, vespene gas, supply, a robotics facility, and for that matter a probe, and for that matter a nexus, and for that matter the Sc2 game files and a CD key to a proper b.net 2.0 account, none of which are available in this fight.

Again, you're going too Starcraft-y. Sir, you have SODS (StarCraft Obssessive Dependency Syndrome), similar to my HODS.

And even though you're being a bit of a troll with this, I'll answer again;
~Elites have a radar and stealth AND TWO energy swords. He is 100% win vs DT
~Predators also have stealth and his helmet contains a variety of visions
~Brutes cannot detect but they do have power armor, VERY THICK hides, and a VERY DANGEROUS AND PROTOSS-SKULL-CRUSHING gravity hammer

Level 12
The predator would most likely win. nuff said.

He has the helmet that allows him to see even invisible targets by changing the vision settings, effectively giving the smart disc 'homing capabilities'.

If he was to have the full equipment, he would pretty much rape them, considering that their plasma pistols have the (atleast in the second game) second function of stunning targets AND damaging electronical equipment - including shields.

EDIT: after thinking for a sec, the only bothersome of the 3 opposing ones probably would be the brute, since if they got such a great armor, what could the predator do? the best bet is just to spam the damn plasma caster at him, sneak behind and stab its head or just spam like hell (if he would have) with the spear gun at the face.

PS: i have been playing the 2 original AvP games quite loads so i know dat shit. (though i had to re-check a few things from the wiki)

@Wazz: yur stupid

@mare: I think the Elite and Zealot have a fair chance, the Elite moreso because it is smarter (and Elites are actually based off Predators). The Brute, however, yeah will get pummeled.
If the Elite/Brute had a motion radar, power armour, energy shielding, a fuel rod, armor lock ability, jetpack, deployable equipment such as bubble shields, it would easily smash the Predator. Unfortunately, the Zealot doesn't have these upgrades and items, because it would be imba in-game.
Which brings me to saying try not count game-specific details (or details that are fitting in games, but would just be imba in a real fight) into assessment of the fight (ie. the extra functions of stunning and EMP does not count).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Lets just send in a maurder which fires great big gernade shells. It would probably 1 shot those losers as its like getting hit by an RPG every second (as they can stim).

Or how about we send in The Queen of Blades? She is nothing more than a slightly taller human who can destroy a whole damn battlecruiser every 8 seconds.

While we are at it, lets just send in a ghost like Nova. She could just mind control the losers and get them to suicide.

Or how about we get 2 dark templars to merge into 1 archon. The archon would then kill them easilly as it gets bonus damage against lose... I mean light units.

As you can see, SC2 has a lot of stupidly powerful soldier units.

Next you will be comparing the loser squad to the barbarian from Diablo III. The one which sends corpses flying across the room with every hit.

Level 12
if the zealot could become a immortal like DSG said, it really would have pretty high chances on winning, considering it has hardened shields, effectively blocking any hit it gets for some time.

Honestly tho, if you put their weapons in real-life logical stuff, heck, the plasma caster would melt them away, not to mention how fast the zealots psi blades/elite's energy blades could kill everyone if they get within range, meaning that its pretty much 1-hit-kill towards everyone.

@Gilles: Well yes, but they are not the best warriors necessarily.

@mare: That's why the Zealot won't turn into an Immortal in this scenario.

Note: Heroic or Legendary in Halo is equivalent to real life.
A fully charge caster shot would be equivalent to a plasma grenade with smaller aoe and explosion on impact. Elites and Brutes have been known to survive them. An Elite's energy shield in Legendary could probably take 2 stickies, and w/o his shield he is still deadly. Zealots have similar armor to elites.
The psi blades are more like energy daggers, they probably do 3/5 of the damage a sword would do. The energy sword takes 2, even 3 hits to kill a fully shielded Elite/Brute on legendary.
The only 1-hit kill weapon is the grav hammer (not considering psi blades or eswords used against a predator). However, the Brute is slow; the Zealot is fast and can charge, the Predator can go invisible and is superior in long range, the Elite is also fast and has stealth and is superior in melee overall.

@DSG: lolwut

Level 26
since this is a hypothetical situation. i will post a comment adding or subtracting some aspect of your initial scenario. This will in turn, change the hypothetical situation to suit my own preference. I will then await the inevitable post from a user who disagrees with my designed outcome. He will most likely call me names and try to assert his scenario as the superior and more probably outcome. However, since this is a hypothetical situation based upon made up characters who have literally impossible (or incredibly improbably) abilities in the first place; nothing we say, or try to prove, or debate will ever undeniably prove a 'believable' outcome to this.... 'showdown'. This thread will devolve into "which is your favorite franchise". And from there on, fanboys with too much time on their hands, will choose the winner based on which show/game they liked more, and then try to justify their choice with broken logic and moot points.
This entire topic (and topics like it) is subjectively opinion based and has no conceivable point to it. Even if all parties agree on an outcome, what does this prove?

the better question would be 'who would win in a fight? the queen of england? elton john? or a gerbil?'

Level 26
.... im not trying to troll. this thread is honestly, inconceivably 'ffffucking' retarded.
all hypothetical situations are. But not only is this a hypothetical situation. but its a hypothetical situation based on MADE UP facts. This entire scenario has absolutely no grounding in reality whatsoever. you might as well ask 'could moses beat up the prophet Mohammed?'. It's like listening to those two 5 year old kids screaming 'my dad could beat up your dad' back and forth at eachother.

who do i think would win? well then to quote a movie tagline you might be familiar with....
whoever wins. we lose
because whoever debates this fight outcome is an idiot.

You see, you are trolling. You're trying to jack the thread and trying to provoke me by calling me an idiot and comparing me to a 5 year old.

Lol believe it or not I am fully aware none of the four stated species exist. I also know you are fully aware I'm just making this thread for a bit of fun discussion, and that despite what you know, you're trolling around, making over-exaggerations and calling me and this thread some very mean names.

Hmm that tagline makes me think, perhaps I should have included a Xenomorph :/

Level 34
.... im not trying to troll. this thread is honestly, inconceivably 'ffffucking' retarded.
all hypothetical situations are. But not only is this a hypothetical situation. but its a hypothetical situation based on MADE UP facts. This entire scenario has absolutely no grounding in reality whatsoever. you might as well ask 'could moses beat up the prophet Mohammed?'. It's like listening to those two 5 year old kids screaming 'my dad could beat up your dad' back and forth at eachother.

who do i think would win? well then to quote a movie tagline you might be familiar with....
whoever wins. we lose
because whoever debates this fight outcome is an idiot.
This is a gaming website full of nerds. Nerds debate these sorts of things.

Just don't read this thread if it bothers you. No reason to be a dick about it.

Level 15
I think the Elite would win, they regenerate shield fast and they are equipped with stealth systems and they carry wicked Covenant weapons like the energy swords or needler (an awesome gun btw). The zealot only have charge and a slow regenerating shield and only Psi blades. Predator seems to have a fair shot against the Elite but then again, it'll be very problematic for him when he got hit by the Elite since he needed to go somewhere quite and inject himself with a syringe and will scream after having a needle poke which will automatically give away his position. The brutes? nahh. Won't stand a chance against Elites because if their armor breaks there's no replacement and they'll be running naked across the battlefield.

Level 35
that reasoning is flawed.

A) The Elites in this circumstance are armed with only two Energy Swords. To factor in other weapons as though the Elite has it is just ignorant.

B) Zealots also have a shield which recovers quickly when not under fire.

C) The Brute has a Spiker as well as a Grav Hammer, implying it can shoot while out of range of the Elite's Energy Swords and then close in with the Grav Hammer, knocking the Elite further away and allowing the Brute to take shots at it again if the Elite survives the impact.

D) Predators have a LOT of gear and yet you make it sound like all he has is a syringe. That's just silly.

Had you factored in the Stealth capabilities of the Elite, then maybe your 'points' would have been more credible, but it's almost as if you aren't even aware of what the original topic is.

Level 15
that reasoning is flawed.

A) The Elites in this circumstance are armed with only two Energy Swords. To factor in other weapons as though the Elite has it is just ignorant.

B) Zealots also have a shield which recovers quickly when not under fire.

C) The Brute has a Spiker as well as a Grav Hammer, implying it can shoot while out of range of the Elite's Energy Swords and then close in with the Grav Hammer, knocking the Elite further away and allowing the Brute to take shots at it again if the Elite survives the impact.

D) Predators have a LOT of gear and yet you make it sound like all he has is a syringe. That's just silly.

Had you factored in the Stealth capabilities of the Elite, then maybe your 'points' would have been more credible, but it's almost as if you aren't even aware of what the original topic is.

Now that you mentioned too many details. I give up, this topic is very broad and anyone of them could win!
But I still dig the Elite though. XD

@Ken E: To add to what Wazzz said;
Zealots are stronger (and faster) than elites. They are also much bigger.
If the Predator does get hit, it's probably a 1-hit kill. But mind you, the Predator rarely ever gets hit.
Brutes are slightly stronger than elites, and the Esword is no match for the grav hammer (strength-wise).

Though yes, Elites are my fav too ;P

@Wazzz: Some corrections;
B) Zealot shields are pathetically bad. Elite shields recharge faster and are stronger. Furthermore, psi-blades are like toothpicks compared to eswords.
C) Wouldn't count a Spiker to be good against shields, although if the Brute takes down the Elite's energy shields, it could be devestating.

Level 12
I was going to write another part of a argument about how you are wrong about stuff but then i decided to agree with anarchian's post and not do it.

Though, one thing - zealots psi-blades are actually quite powerful.

Here's my thought.

Brute would die first = because he's not fast enough to catch up with the speed of the Zealot/Elite/Predator

Second = Zealot, because even tough really agile, he's not really good to defend himself against an over-trained hunter (Predator) with epic weapons on him, beside he has a lot of skin exposure concerning the armour he wears. Yes, it might take a while to take him down, but again... they are the first units in the Protoss' techtree, so they aren't really dangerous...

Third = Elite, he's better than the zealot on a few aspect... but once again I don't think he stands a chance again the predator, because even in Halo against super trained Spartans... they still can be killed with a few good placed melee attack and ranged attack. (even in hardcore mode)

Winner = Predator... just because they are super trained guys with far more experience than the others... even tough their armour is week compare to the brutes and the Elite, they are still super fast and smart fighters and god knows: Super Smart and trained soldiers are far better than well protected and regular soldiers.

I consider the Predators being like: some super combat special force guys in their race. And even tough it did got killed by Arnold in the first movie, well it's a predator that killed a lot of humans before Arnold with somewhat damaged weaponery. Beside Arnold was a super trained special force soldier too... so yeah..

Definatly Predator

@mare: anarchianbedlam, like always, was trying to stir shit up.
You do know this is the offtopic section of a Wc3 modding website. Feel free to discuss and argue whatever you like.
I know Psi-blades are powerful, but compare them to Eswords, and they are nothing.

@Mr.Goblin: Many a people underestimate the Brute. I think a Brute could easily defeat an Elite (unless the Elite went stealth and walked super slow behind its back) , and have a more even chance against a Zealot. Although they are fast, they only have melee attacks, and we all know a grav hammer is superior to all melee weapons.
Only thing is the Brute is probably 100% loss with the Predator.

The Zealot has energy shields, and probably has the highest HP (unsure between Zealot and Brute).

Take in mind every single SPARTAN is a super trained spec-ops soldier...with MJOLNIR armor and physical enhancements (you might argue that Arnie has those, but steroids do not count). So don't take the Elite's (and for that matter, Brute's) skill lightly.

Also, all the combatants will have the same out of experience, to make it fair.

The Predator is good, but without its cloak a Spiker could send it down. The Zealot and Elite are fast enough to dodge all the weaponry of the Predator, save the Smart Disc. And even still, projectiles (such as Smart Discs) are very ineffective against Energy Shielding. A Zealot's psi-blade or an Elite's Esword is an insta-kill to the Pred's unarmored zone.

Brute - tank, strongest melee attack (not fastest though), reasonable ranged attack.
Zealot - tank, fastest combatant, slightly weak energy shielding, psionic abilities
Elite - fast, smart, best overall melee attack, cloaked
Predator - fast (not as fast as Elite or Zealot), smart, most versatile, cloaked

I believe Brutes and Elites have movement radars also.

1. Piss off.

2. This fight is not Immortal, Elite, Brute, Predator.

Immortals are not designed to fight against small units like elites or brutes (which, if they get close enough, renders the Immortal a sitting duck). Also, come on. Jeep cheroke with like a massive chaingun beats immortal anyday.

And I know you like Starcraft 2 alot. It's a good game. Maybe just shy of being as good as Halo. But please refrain from going 'too' Starcraft-y.
Anyway, if we gonna get technical:
1. This is a mano e mano e mano e mano match. The Elite doesn't get a Wraith in his death, nor does the Brute get a prowler, nor does the Predator get a...jeep cheroke with like a massive chaingun.
2. And still, I'm pretty sure it takes time to make an Immortal, by which the victor of the remaining fighters has already left and taken a nice lap after this battle. It also takes minerals, vespene gas, supply, a robotics facility, and for that matter a probe, and for that matter a nexus, and for that matter the Sc2 game files and a CD key to a proper b.net 2.0 account, none of which are available in this fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.