• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your first console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
My first console was the Playstation that I got in the year 2000 and it eventually mademe fall in love with it enough to buy a PS2. My favorite games for the Playstation console was Dino Crisis I and II and Spyro Year of the Dragon.

Level 13
I had the original xbox, but imo consoles suck, I don't see what they got that PCs does not. You can even buy controllers for pc, so you can play driving games etc. on them.
The only annoying thing is, that some games only come out for consoles.

SNES, but I didn't play it all too much. I think N64 was my real "first console". Banjo-kazooie was my favorite game. I also played Super smash bros with my siblings a lot. Actually, I still played it with my siblings all the time until around 2012 (along with the first mario party), it is just annoying to plug-in at times so I usually end up playing ssb melee instead. :p

First console to own : PS1
First console to have played with: FAMICOM

I had the original xbox, but imo consoles suck, I don't see what they got that PCs does not. You can even buy controllers for pc, so you can play driving games etc. on them.

The only annoying thing is, that some games only come out for consoles.

That is one of the reasons why people buy consoles: EXCLUSIVE GAMES

And well I'd say consoles have a more dedicated system, especially the newer ones... so you basically get a dedicated system for playing games at a lower price than rigging your PC to be able to play those games... plus some other exclusive thingies...

and I for one, doesn't really like the idea of letting a single gadget handle everything for me... coz if it brakes down then I lose all...

Level 24
That is one of the reasons why people buy consoles: EXCLUSIVE GAMES

So... why are people buying the Xbox One?

and I for one, doesn't really like the idea of letting a single gadget handle everything for me... coz if it brakes down then I lose all...

That is an upside of owning a PC, if you know how to switch out graphic cards and CPU's.

That is an upside of owning a PC, if you know how to switch out graphic cards and CPU's.

Assuming you have those cards ready by the time it breaks down... and assuming it's only the CPU and GPU that breaks down... else I'd lose both my gaming machine and work machine at the same time...

anyway, I still prefer gaming on consoles... at least for exclusive titles

So... why are people buying the Xbox One?

Same question as I have really, I think most (if not all) Xbox games are released on PC too... maybe they're just hardcore Xbox fans...

Level 22
Bragging rights... maybe.

My first console was a... wait, is the gameboy considered a console? If not then NES would be it. First game that I owned was pokemon JP version, which sucked because I couldn't understand how to play it.

Level 24
Assuming you have those cards ready by the time it breaks down... and assuming it's only the CPU and GPU that breaks down... else I'd lose both my gaming machine and work machine at the same time...

anyway, I still prefer gaming on consoles... at least for exclusive titles

I also prefer to get games on the PC as we see with 99% of the games they're better on PC as seen with games like Skyrim and Dragon Age but yes some exclusives are really neat and worth buying consoles for.

Same question as I have really, I think most (if not all) Xbox games are released on PC too... maybe they're just hardcore Xbox fans...

The only one of my friends who's buying the Xbox is a hardcore Halo fan so that's the motivation I've gathered as well. On first day release Xbox does seem to have more to offer than the PS4 but that's quickly going to change.

Level 22
I also prefer to get games on the PC as we see with 99% of the games they're better on PC as seen with games like Skyrim and Dragon Age.
Yeah, and you can do more with games on it too (modification, mod packs, etc.).

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I was running all sorts of games on NES, SNES and Genesis emulators when I was 4 or something. Mostly Castlevania, Mario Bros and the old Sonic the Hedgehog games. I also remember playing lots of Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Good shit.

For my sixth birthday (I think) I got a Game Boy Pocket with Link’s Awakening DX and Pokémon Blue. I also played Earthbound a lot at my friend's place.

But I guess the first actual console I had was a Playstation with Metal Gear Solid: Integral and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.