• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your favourite Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Hello everyone this is a thread I made to know that which is the most favoured race. I think that most of us like orcs but I am not sure so I want your view on it and also why u like or dislike that race Here are the races u have to vote for:-

Orcs
The green-skinned orcs, or Greenskins [2] are one of the most prolific races of Azeroth. Born on the world of Draenor, the orcs were brought to Azeroth through the dimensional gateway known as the Dark Portal and waged war on the humans while under the influence of the Burning Legion.

The orcs once cultivated a noble, shamanistic society on Draenor. Tragically, the proud orc clans were corrupted by the Burning Legion and used as pawns in the Legion's invasion of Azeroth. The orcs managed to rebel, however, and they were ultimately able to help turn the tide against their demon masters. Led by the young Warchief Thrall, the orcs have reclaimed their strength and honor. The orcs moved from the Eastern Kingdoms to Kalimdor, and there they founded the nation of Durotar.

Now, the orcs stand ready to fight not for the sake of conquest, but for their very right of survival in their adopted world.

The Humans

Humans are among the youngest races on Azeroth, but they make up for it by being the most populous. With life spans generally shorter than the other races, humans strive all the harder to achieve great heights in empire building, exploration, and magical study. Their aggressive and inquisitive nature lead the human nations to become active and influential in the world.

Such was the case prior to the orcs' original invasion through the Dark Portal. Human kingdoms suffered greatly in the three wars against forces of the demonic Burning Legion's creating, The Horde in the first two, and The Scourge in the third.

The Night Elves

The night elves are the direct descendants of dark trolls. This tribe of fierce warriors took up residence at the Well of Eternity. The magic contained within altered their physical appearance, making them into the night elves known today.[2]

The reclusive Night Elves were the first race to awaken in the World of Warcraft. These shadowy, immortal beings were the first to study magic and let it loose throughout the world nearly ten thousand years before Warcraft I. The Night Elves' reckless use of magic drew the Burning Legion into the world and led to a catastrophic war between the two titanic races. The Night Elves barely managed to banish the Legion from the world, but their wondrous homeland was shattered and drowned by the sea. Ever since, the Night Elves refused to use magic for fear that the dreaded Legion would return. The Night Elves closed themselves off from the rest of the world and remained hidden atop their holy mountain of Hyjal for many thousands of years. As a race, Night Elves are typically honorable and just, but they are very distrusting of the 'lesser races' of the world. They are nocturnal by nature and their shadowy powers often elicit the same distrust that they have for their mortal neighbors.The night elves are a reclusive and mystical race born during the waking of the world.

The Undead:-

The undead were once-living creatures, now animated by spiritual or supernatural forces.[1] The term undead refers to all creatures or entities that function normally despite having terminated life functions. Most commonly known as zombies or ghosts, undead beings are most typically mindless, bloodthirsty fiends hostile toward any living thing that comes across their path.

The undead have appeared all throughout Azeroth, most commonly in nature as revenants or wraiths. They were used as a combat tool during the First War when the necrolytes of the Horde learned to animate corpses as skeleton warriors in their fight against the Alliance. Later, the studies of the necrolytes developed into necromancy, the form of magic used very heavily in the Third War when the Cult of the Damned spread the Plague of Undeath across Lordaeron.

In modern times, "undead" refers primarily to either the Scourge or the Forsaken, since nearly half of the human race have since become undead. However, Forsaken player characters and NPCs are for most intents and purposes considered to be "humanoids" in World of Warcraft due to gameplay reasons and do not share all the characteristics of other undead. This is not the case according to the lore in other sources where Forsaken share all the characteristics of standard Undead.

The High Elves-
The high elves, or quel'dorei ("children of noble birth" in Darnassian and "high elves" in Thalassian), are a race descended from the Highborne night elves who left Kalimdor and settled in the Eastern Kingdoms, founding Quel'Thalas.

The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced: almost 90% of their population in Quel'Thalas was slaughtered during the Third War.[3] Following this, 90% of these survivors changed their name to "blood elves" or sin'dorei (children of the blood in Thalassian) in remembrance of their fallen brethren, and no longer consider themselves high elven.[2]

The Blood Elves
The blood elves, sin'dorei [ˈsiːndɔraɪ], [siːnˈdɔraɪ] or [siːndɔreɪ] in Thalassian ("children of the blood"), are an elven race native to Azeroth, hailing from the ancient elven kingdom of Quel'Thalas.[2] Their moniker is the cultural identity that the vast majority (approximately 90%) of the surviving high elves took up following the Third War.[3]

For nearly 7,000 years, high elven society centered on the sacred Sunwell, a magical fount that was created using a vial of pure arcane energy from the first Well of Eternity. Nourished and strengthened by the Sunwell’s potent energies, the high elves’ enchanted kingdom of Quel'Thalas prospered within the verdant forests north of Lordaeron. During the Third War, however, the high elves were nearly scoured from Azeroth. Led by the death knight Arthas, a Scourge army stormed into Quel'Thalas, slaughtering almost ninety percent of the kingdom’s population. Arthas then used the mystical Sunwell to resurrect the fallen necromancer Kel'Thuzad, irrevocably tainting the fount in the process. Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider rushed to his homeland's aid, and the survivors of the onslaught were renamed the "blood elves" in honor of their fallen people, their slain monarch, their annihilated Sunwell, and their ravaged kingdom.[3] Soon thereafter, the elves came under the merciless sway of withdrawal, and desperately sought to relieve it. To this end, Kael'thas commanded the great ranger Lor'themar Theron (who had assumed temporary leadership of the high elves prior to Kael's return)[3] and the new Ranger-general of Silvermoon, Halduron Brightwing, to safeguard the elven homeland, while Kael'thas himself went to battle alongside the New Alliance—and later, Illidan Stormrage.

Source of information: wowwiki.com

If u want me to add another race just inform me about it through a VM or PM or a comment.

Plzzzz reply and vote for your race

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

If I made any mistke in the description then inform me

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 25
Err..
The orcs came from another world called Draenor, which became outland when it was destroyed by the opening of too many portals.
They were brought to Azeroth by the opening of a dark portal with the help of Kil'jaeden, one demon, not multiple demons who brought them there.
Gul'dan is not the founder of the dragonmaw clan, he is the leader of Stormreaver Clan and the founder of the Shadow Council.

The orc clans didn't fight amongst themselves during the first and second war, they were led in a big huge army, hence the name "the Horde". They were lead by Blackhand the Destroyer which was later slain by Ogrim Doomhammer. The reason they lost was because Gul'dan left the horde when they were sieging a human city which forced Ogrim to take a large number of orcs to hunt Gul'dan down, which led to the humans to be able to repel the orchish attackers.

Level 25
The orc clans didn't fight amongst themselves during the first and second war, they were led in a big huge army, hence the name "the Horde". They were lead by Blackhand the Destroyer which was later slain by Ogrim Doomhammer. The reason they lost was because Gul'dan left the horde when they were sieging a human city which forced Ogrim to take a large number of orcs to hunt Gul'dan down, which led to the humans to be able to repel the orchish attackers.

Well, I'd argue that the Orcs suffered from some internal struggle as well (like when the Frostwolves refused to join the Horde, their leaders were swiftly dealt with, and after Gul'dan's betrayal, the clans that followed him (Twilight's Hammer and the Stormreavers) fought with the Horde clans as well). Still, this had nothing to do with the Orcs' defeat in the Second War.

Also, OP, I've never heard anything about a Deathbreeze- and Goldaxe clan. Are these actually legitimate?

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

well I am not sure either but i have heard about them many times

Its true that the orcs did fight among themselves.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

If I add High elves, blood elves and dwarves who will u go with?

Please use the site's
edit.gif
function instead of double-posting.

OT: The dwarves.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

looks like the orcs are loosing. I'll add 4 more races tommorow

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I think forsaken is just a faction of the undead, will I have to add them separately? or your vote goes to the Undead?? However I will add Trolls

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Added two new races... The blood elves and the high elves

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Yes, they are up to some point but the High elves and blood elves have a separate story with same origin.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Why Orcs ? just because they are strong or their lore is interesting to you ?
Well If you are an Orc fan like me then

Lok-Tar-Ogar!!!

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Also, OP, I've never heard anything about a Deathbreeze- and Goldaxe clan. Are these actually legitimate?
I think that's from Shar Dundred's campaign.

Anyway High Elves!

Yes u are right!!!

And your avatar shouts out loud that you are with the High elves

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Who are Asians ? A warcraft race ? I've never heard about them before...
I think you mean people living in Asia :p

Level 20
Let me guess. They're overly peaceful and at balance with nature?
They are pretty strong and smart unlike their hotbloded comrades orcs who tend to get corrupted easily fight over small things and just enjoy bloodshed.Balance with nature?NE are in balance with nature as well, still i think they are some lame tree hugers never liked them.Orc do have shamans as well in fact the man who united them is a shaman.
About being peaceful...They just don't start unnecessary conflicts .Remember Cairne and what he did to Garrosh?
If you wanna know why i like them more tha other races?Their personality is similar to mine.They don't fight over unnecessary stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.