• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chop chop chop . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlf

dlf

Level 1
Was curious how long it took each unit of the races to 'chop' or cut down a tree. And how much total lumber it gives em.

Human - 30 chops & 30 lumber
Orcs - ? - 10 lumber (more?)
Undead - ? - 15 (I think?)
Night elves - ? - 5 each

Level 12
A simple world editor check would do the trick. The object editor has information for that.

Humans actually chop 10 times, and can only store 10 lumber, unless you upgrade lumber harvesting, so do orcs.
Ghouls chop 10 times, and store 20 lumber.
And wisps give you 5 lumber every 5 seconds, then they switch trees.

I'm not sure though, because I don't play melee maps, but I used the info in object editor.

dlf

dlf

Level 1
You're numbers are right, Hexcellion, but the wisps don't switch trees. They only keep harvesting lumber from the same one.

Does said tree ever go away, or could you keep the game open for weeks and get 5 lumber every 5 seconds from wisps?

Level 9
The tree does not disappear. Since the wisps are basically nature spirits they don't chop trees down... they actually use some magic that absorbs wood from them without harming them. Therefore yes, the game can be open for weeks/months/years and you would still get lumber from them.

dlf

dlf

Level 1
The tree does not disappear. Since the wisps are basically nature spirits they don't chop trees down... they actually use some magic that absorbs wood from them without harming them. Therefore yes, the game can be open for weeks/months/years and you would still get lumber from them.

Guess in order (from who gets the most to least lumber):

Wisp (Night Elf)
Peasant (Human)
Peon (Orc)
Ghoul (undead)

Or should peon/ghoul be the other way? Wisps would seem like the most unfair (because they can basically not stop giving lumber), although you'd lose gold eventually.

Level 9
First of all, just as you stated, wisps give lumber... but you eventually have no more mines to get gold. Second of all... they are not unfair because they are the most vulnerable units... they can be killed far easier than usual peons or ghouls.
In melee games there is a strategy known as "rush" which means a player uses only a hero made at start (preferably a fast hero like Blademaster, Warden) and attacks the workers of the enemy to slow down his production. Therefore those who use rush are most effective against night elves.

Also... your order is a bit wrong. In my opinion it should be like : Wisp > Ghoul > Peasant > Peon. Because ghouls harvest 2 lumber out of each hit and peasants can be upgraded to harvest up to 30 lumber while peons remain with 10.

Level 6
Well, they have there own positive and negative site.

Wisp did not cut down trees but only one wisp can collect lumber in one tree but many peasants, peons and ghouls can harvest in one tree.

Wisp (Night Elf): 5s - 5 lumber
Ghoul (Undead): 10 chop = 10s - 20 lumber but i haven't said anything about the time they walk.
Peasant (Human): 10/15/20 (Up) chop = 10/15/20s - 10/15/20 lumber
Peon (Orc) 10 chop = 10s - 10 Lumber

Exception:
Ghoul (Archimonde's force): 10 chop = 10s - 50 lumber
Goblin Shredder: 10 chop = 10s - 200 lumber.

Now rank it.

Level 9
Actually, their speed (at least at peasants and peons) isn't actually 1 chop per second, it seems quite the same, but it's actually a bit slower. And cumulated it would be at least with 1 second more than what you said.

Level 6
Actually, their speed (at least at peasants and peons) isn't actually 1 chop per second, it seems quite the same, but it's actually a bit slower. And cumulated it would be at least with 1 second more than what you said.

Thank you.

Now this is my correction

Wisp (Night Elf): 5s - 5 lumber
Ghoul (Undead): 10 chop = 11s - 20 lumber but i haven't said anything about the time they walk.
Peasant (Human): 10/15/20 (Up) chop = 11/16.5/22s - 10/15/20 lumber
Peon (Orc) 10 chop = 11s - 10 Lumber

Exception:
Ghoul (Archimonde's force): 10 chop = 11s - 50 lumber
Goblin Shredder: 10 chop = 11s - 200 lumber.

Reactions: Kam
Status
Not open for further replies.