• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your favorite WoW NPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Last time I checked it wasent Deathwing who curropted the emerald dreams and ceept Ysera in check for almost a decade and Deathwing didn't send the Qiraji or the Twilight Hammer on Azeroth ;)

But his insides are molten lava ! You can't beat that. :pir:

Level 24
Well since Ysera made Deathwing fall aslep by opening her eyes I think it is ;) (in Day of the Dragon) And one other thing that stands in Day of the dragon was that Malygos was almost capeble of matching Deathwings strength when 90% of his powers had been consumed by the demons soul imagine what would have happend to Deathwing if Blizzard didn't kill Malygos.

Edit: All aspects are kind of OP here are somethings that stands in Day of the Dragon:

Malygos brought the very clouds to him, clouds with suffocating holds around the black dragon's jaws and nostrils. Nozdormu turned time forward for Deathwing alone, sapping his adversary of strength by forcing Deathwing to suffer weeks, months, then years without rest. Ysera had no troble invading Deathwing's mind, turning the armored behemoth's thoughts to his worst nightmares.
Only then did Alexstrasza rise before Deathwing, the terrible nemesis. She gazed at Deathwing, still in part with pity, and said, ''Life is my Aspect, dark one, and I, like all mothers, know both the pain and wonder that entails! For the past several years, I have watched my children be raised as instruments of war, slaughtered if they proved insufficient or to willful! I have lived knowing that so many died that I could do nothing for!''
''Your words mean nothing to me,'' Deathwing roared as he struggled to shrug of the others' horrific assaults. ''Nothing!''
''No, they likely do not... which is why I shall let you experience firsthand all that I have suffered...
And she did just that.
Against any other attack, even the nightmares of Ysera, Deathwing could summon some defense, but against Alexstrasza's he had no wepon upon which to draw. She attacked with pain, but her pain. She dealt not with agony as he knew it, but with that of a loving mother who suffered with each child child torn from her, each child turned into something terrible.
With each child who perished.

As I said each and every one of the aspects are hardcore, some even more then Deathwing ;)

And since many will probebly say they won just because there was 4 against 1, well here I'll prove you wrong ;)

And Deathwing found himself under attack by four elemental forces the likes of which he had never faced. No longer did he fight mere shadows of his rivals, but a quartet, each his equal- and he no match for all togheter.

Last edited:
Well since Ysera made Deathwing fall aslep by opening her eyes I think it is ;) (in Day of the Dragon) And one other thing that stands in Day of the dragon was that Malygos was almost capeble of matching Deathwings strength when 90% of his powers had been consumed by the demons soul imagine what would have happend to Deathwing if Blizzard didn't kill Malygos.
I killed him with my very bow!

That and this
Lick%20this%20untill%20your%20tongue%20dries%20out.jpg

Level 24
Yea Flame Leviathan is still fun but I wouldnt say that you killed Malygos since it was the children of Alexstrasza blesed with her powers who killed him. Still if she had not interfierd you would have died hard times when he broke the platue.

I used to have that image as my signature and you would be surprised how much rep I got cause of it lol :p
You only have but a cupcake.
Yea Flame Leviathan is still fun but I wouldnt say that you killed Malygos since it was the children of Alexstrasza blesed with her powers who killed him. Still if she had not interfierd you would have died hard times when he broke the platue.
Bwahahahah. Still, my drake was the one that killed him. I am a survivalist, i must say. Almost realm first, for a few min :/

Level 14
The best dps I've seen on my realm was 9k.... Tbc realm....from Warlock... Hyjal trash.

Anyway reguarding who is stronger between Deathwing vs the other Aspects... I think.... that... if Naruto and Sasuke team up... + Goku... they can defeat the 5 Great Aspects for sure...

Infernal Approves of this statement :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 14
> implying that PvE is serious business.

Speaking of which, I am amused how people are so very interested in knowing the entire lore of a fictive work, which can't ever be demonstrated... and ppl turn a blind eye to real legends in our real history, such as Alexander the Great, Caesar, Leif Ericson, Ragnar Lodbrok, Napoleon, Hitler, etc.

Level 24
Just because you're a fan of warcraft lore you dont hunt down everyone who says Mimer is beter then Mimirion. ( WarCraft npc whos name is based on a character in the Norse mythology.) And Leif Erikson was also a good fellow from the north who was the first European to discover America. So if I have proven my point I'd like to ask if there was something more you wanted to know?

Edit: That the good thing with WarCraft lore they base many names and characters on mythologys for example they have based many characters on the norse mythology like Mimirion (based on Mimer), Freya (based on Freja), Thorim (based on Tor) and Nordrassil (based on Yggdrasill).

Level 24
That not all playing wow gives shuts out information about the information outside the computer.

Level 24
Yea I like people who asumes stupid things like the people who still thinks we have polar bears in Sweden :p

Level 14
It's not comparable. If one person doesn't know that there aren't polar bears in Sweden... maybe it's not his area of expertise, his area of expertise maybe it's IT so he doesn't know geography.

But when you are a person who reveres lore of a fictive work and absolutly dumb about real history, that's a different problem and more serious imho.

Level 24
Yes that's correct but there's nothing wrong with asuming stupid things everyone is doing it and everyone will do it. However you can still think it's funny since everyone makes fun of someone else sometime then they need to take that people are making fun of them. I just wanted to say this so nobody belives I think you're retarded since I dont think you're retarded just because your knowledge has a gap.

Since this is getting to offtopic I suggest we might as well stop untill we're all reported for spam ^^

Reactions: _PV
Level 6
I like orcs because his honor code and warrior duty. But between them, my favorite is Thrall !!!

Level 24
Well they cant bring my litle ponnies into WoW because of the copywright law and besides Blizzard is more serious when it comes to adding races into WoW.

Level 14
I didn't say as races, I said as NPCs.

You know, behind characters there is well... a character... doesn't matter what shape that character has being it an elf, dragon, zerg or a pony. -_-

And Blizzard does bring references into their games. There are quite a lot in WoW.

Level 24
You don't think I know that, the problem is that Blizzard use a litle thing called lore and if my litle ponnies where to be included they would be a race of their own and one most people would be unhappy with and unlike pandarens they've not been a part of the warcraft lore since 2003

Level 14
You don't think I know that, the problem is that Blizzard use a litle thing called lore and if my litle ponnies where to be included they would be a race of their own and one most people would be unhappy with and unlike pandarens they've not been a part of the warcraft lore since 2003

Or they can add level up quests where a group of mortal races bare resemblance to mane6, one could be a rainbow dressed night elf who says "if you gonna do this in 10 seconds flat, you'll definetly become 20% cooler".

As for Lore... pfft... it stopped with WoW.

Level 24
I dont know if you've been asleep the past months but the point about Mists of Pandaria is that Blizzard is to be able to catch up on all the lore.

Level 14
I dont know if you've been asleep the past months but the point about Mists of Pandaria is that Blizzard is to be able to catch up on all the lore.

That's not the point in MoP. Listen, here is how it always was...

WoW Vanilla = self-explanatory

WoW TBC = would be awesome to go to Outland and fight Illidan and the Burning Ligeon, oh and let's expand everything, add more stuff

WoW WotLK = we don't have Northrend, other than Illidan who is popular? That's right... Arthas. Okay! Let's add the Dragons too, you can interact with them! Oh and let's expand everything, add more stuff

WoW Cata = Ppl complain that the old content is boring. Let's remake the old content so people have to level alts so they play more = more money $.$ . "But how do we do that? And why? Metzen any ideas ?"...
"I don't know, I'd just Nuke the god damn place"
"That's brilliant! We will call it Cataclysm! Metzen any ideas who could do such a thing?"
"What a Nuclear?"
"No, a Cataclysm"
"Oh, don't know, don't care, but there is this badass Dragon we didn't kill yet named Deathwing."
"Brilliant Metzen, as always!"
Great expansion, let's stop adding stuff and start changing stuff we already have. Etc, Etc.

Mists of Pandaria = "So ppl want Pandas? Give them Pandas! Who's the bad guy? There is no bad guy? Metzen care to pitch in? Bashiok?"
"well the community thinks the story is strange and they keep asking about other characters what happened to them and Metzen is tired of the Red Shirt Guy"
"So ppl want us to continue old stories and end them?"
"Yes"
"Okay than that's what we do in MoP since there is no main evil bad guy".

Point is, Blizzard adapted the story as things progressed. Want proof ?, Here:
Horde cried for a cute little race, Goblins with Cata
Alliance cried for evil looking race, Worgen with Cata
Ppl wanted rehashed old content, came with Cata
Alliance had no ugly race, they added Draenei, Horde had no sexy race, they added Blood Elves with TBC.
There is proof all around the game, and the lore (read story) makes no exception. That is why there are so many storylines within WoW which have yet to end.

The only times Blizzard knew what they were doing with their story in WoW was in Vanilla where each content patch brought a new story chapter, and TBC... where all the story started in TBC ended in TBC, with the exception of the Caverns of Time storyline which really it was just an instance to allow the player to return to more important places in history such as Battle of Mount Hyjal. People showed interest in this enigmatic Infinite Dragonflight, so they wanted answers. It's when Blizz started toying with us, giving us glimpses in WotLK and giving us a final and non-epic conclusion in Cataclysm.

If you want story, you might find it in SWTOR, here's hopes for Bioware doing it right.

TL;DR : WoW story is nothing more than a piece of a whore.

Level 24
So you don't think that Blizzard can come up with a nemesis in this expansion? N'Zath, does that name say you anything you know the guy who gave Deathwing orders.

Level 14
Dude, it's story. Story is the most easiest and cheapest thing to change in the industry. As long as there is no content out based on the story, you can change it at the snap of a finger.

I assume MoP is about the Old Gods really, but to think that Blizzard actually respects their own story, and respect their user base is completely not true. Blizzard makes a story which is fun for the player base, nothing less, nothing more. Aka there is no "serious" Lore.

Last edited:
Level 24
I don't know if you missed everything Blizzard said at BlizzCon 2011 or not but there they said very clearly that rhe Mists of Pandaria expansion is going to be mainlly about the conflict betwen the Horde and the Alliance. And for raid bosses, we are sadly without them, first of all we N'Zath we also have Murozond, Chromatus, Magatha Grimmtotem and this litle thing called the burnng legion that is led by Sargeras and Kil'Jaiden which Blizzard has said more then once that they want to use oh and lets not forget Queen Azshara and Neptulon who was taken prisoner by Azshara. And I dont think our goblin trade prince is a good guy and right now Garrosh got every race in the horde turned against him.

Last edited:
Level 14
I don't know if you missed everything Blizzard said at BlizzCon 2011 or not but there they said very clearly that rhe Mists of Pandaria expansion is going to be mainlly about the conflict betwen the Horde and the Alliance. And for raid bosses, we are sadly without them, first of all we N'Zath we also have Murozond, Chromatus, Magatha Grimmtotem and this litle thing called the burnng legion that is led by Sargeras and Kil'Jaiden which Blizzard has said more then once that they want to use oh and lets not forget Queen Azshara and Neptulon who was taken prisoner by Azshara. And I dont think our goblin trade prince is a good guy and right now Garrosh got every race in the horde turned against him.

Dude, it's story. Story is the most easiest and cheapest thing to change in the industry. As long as there is no content out based on the story, you can change it at the snap of a finger.

I assume MoP is about the Old Gods really, but to think that Blizzard actually respects their own story, and respect their user base is completely not true. Blizzard makes a story which is fun for the player base, nothing less, nothing more. Aka there is no "serious" Lore.

-------------------------

In translation don't listen to what Blizzard says. Only to what they show.

Level 24
I don't think judge by the look is the best lesson to be taught to people. For example if you look at a person your brain can assume that person is in a specific way but if you actully spend time with them you can see that they are not the kind of person you thought they where.

Level 14
I don't think judge by the look is the best lesson to be taught to people. For example if you look at a person your brain can assume that person is in a specific way but if you actully spend time with them you can see that they are not the kind of person you thought they where.

That's when you are meeting someone new. Blizzard is not new. Blizzard is 20 years old. I know Blizzard for about 15 years now, and very well for about 5.

I've spent a lot of time on Blizzard to know how their mind works for games and especially the story part.

Furthermore your point it wrong, it's not about what is at the surface. It's what Blizzard already did. For example they said that "TLK is a new entity, he is neither Ner'zhul or Arthas". And they said that right before WotLK. WotLK appears, the book "Arthas" appears, in both it is revealed that in fact, TLK was Arthas and not some new entity. It's not like the first time they retconned stuff, and it's not the first time they say they will do something (story wise) and than change their mind.

You give Blizzard too much credit.

Level 24
Well I think my way and you think your way and neither of us are about to change our oppinons so lets just leave it there.

Level 14
Yeah but you have no solid proof on your way what so ever. It's quite interesting how stubborn and close minded some people can be towards a franchise or a company. I guess the term is fanboy. No offense.

Level 2
Cataclysm has already been focused about the old gods, they wont rehash content, not yet. There was a rumor in the wrath days that when we finish icc, the reason that we were able to even assault ice crown citidael is because that LK has divided his army to attack the burning legion, to prevent them from another assault on azeroth. This is actually plausible because the ner'zhul side hates the burning legion. This didnt happen because burning crusade was just out and bliz didnt want the burning legion in the spotlight so soon. MoP may just be back to the vanila days where we were after each other's throats.

Level 24
Okej so basicilly what you say is we wount see the Old Gods and that they have quited trying to take over Azeroth... really? Would N'Zoth if he had a physical form stop trying? Will The old gods stop to try to corupt the minds of people like he did with Sargeras, The Lich King, Neltharion/Deathwing or Azshara? If you have read Thrall:Twilight of the Aspects you know that Nozdormu says that the Old Gods are the root of all evil. This would mean that we would not get to kill Queen Azshara and we wount get to see what happened with Neptulon. Also people are not getting tired of the old gods, blizzard has used the old gods vanilla and every expansion after that TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm and I doubt MoP is going to be any diffrent since Blizzard is only evolving these characters futher and futher as we saw in Twillight of the Aspects and they are being evolved for a reason. Also you say that the old gods will not be used in this expansion so I must ask you, in which expansion will they be used since MoP will be the last expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.