• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Just wondering what kinda car people are driving (if you are driving with the gas prices). If you race cars I'd like to know some of the cars specs. just curious.

So no one has to ask. I have a 64' GTO. (woohoo for american muscle)
around 600 lb of torque
highest speed I've ever reached in it was 240 then I blew the engine at 250 (working on that)

If you have a nice car or a cool racing story it'd be cool to hear those to :wink:

Level 36
I don't have my full license, but what driving I have done has been in my midnight blue '01 Malibu. It's pretty nice and it'll be all mine once I get my license.

My Dad, however, has always raced. He had a 1990 Silverado, completely customized. 360+ HP engine. Fastest I've ever been in it was also 240, and that was in the space of approximately 8 seconds maybe? It couldn't have been more than a 2 kilometer stretch of road, and we went from about 50 kmh up to 240 and then down to zero all in that space. It was great fun.

It ran low 13's in the quarter mile. He's owned all sorts of vehicles. He had a '72 Vette when he was 18. Owned a Charger, a Camaro, all sorts of stuff.

Level 14
Well, I live on my school's campus, and it's a relatively small campus, so I don't really have any need for a car.

When I do drive, mostly when I'm home, I drive my Dad's 2003 Chevy Impala.

Sigh. The worst part is my parents said they are going to give it to me when I get out of school..

Level 36
The Impala is a very nice vehicle :p

And we also own a Silverado diesel which we pull a fifth wheel trailer with. It's not gas guzzling, <3 Diesel. Mind you, diesel is fucking EXPENSIVE right now, so it kind of blows. But seriously, you FEEL the turbo on this thing. The second it kicks in, you know it. It's intense. Doesn't help it's like 400 HP to begin with.

Level 4
You americans have no idea about how lucky you are...
Due to the worlds second worst taxes, all good cars are hopelesly expensive here in Norway. I love Amcars, but i have yet to encounter a V8 american with a pricetag below
100000 NOK (around 20 grand)
Right now i am saving up money for an old jeep cheeroke.

Level 7
Right now I'm driving my slightly modded Avalon, came stock with 210 horsepower, now I'm around ~220 or so.

Engine performance is slipping, fastest I've gotten it so far is about 140, but now I'm struggling to hit 100 even.

It's not the fastest, but for being a large car it is surprisingly fast through corners, it handles like a dream.

Next car is going to be a fully built 2nd gen RX-7, with a 20b engine in it. I'm picking up a shell here soon for around $200.

Level 9
now that im back from my week of vacation I've got a pretty good racin story =P.

Was in Ellensburg (Washington) and got my cousin to come down from Idaho. He brought down his 97 Ford F-250. I found a guy willing to race for pinks in his jet black Thunderbird Ford. I raced him in the truck and won :grin:

The Thunderbird has about as much torque as my GTO but with better handling.
My cousins truck pulls around 800 lb of torque and has around 900 HP (kicks like a beast)

This race wasn't a drag race either it was about 3 miles of straight road then around 4 to 5 miles of turns and curves. for such a powerful truck she handles like a charm =). My cousins thinking of racing it in local drag races.
My fav part is to see peoples mouths drop when it lift into a wheelie

Level 36
9000 horsepower trucks aren't that hard to come by. Most diesel trucks will do that with an ECU chip installed. My Dad's Duramaxx diesel makes 450 HP stock out of the factory, and can probably hit close to 700 with an ECU chip if done right. No aftermarket parts at all, just an ECU chip. Oh, the turbo also comes factory installed, so that doesn't count either :p

Level 9
Ya my cousin took the thunderbird and scrapped it for parts. he's going to sell the parts and work on his truck. Hes got the truck in the shop now and is working on it. He's hoping for around 1200 HP. The trucks heavy but with that he should be able to lift the front very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.