• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

"Your Battle.net Account Has Been Upgraded With a Copy of World of Warcraft"‏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is a very clever way of Blizzard to try and get new players.
I think a lot of the awesome RPG's released recently (or is about to be released) have/will stolen/steal many customers for Blizzard.

Level 4
I'll go back to WoW if they do what Everquest 2 did, and that's go to a FTP with PTP optional membership. It's the direction several games are going now.

Level 18
This is a very clever way of Blizzard to try and get new players.
I think a lot of the awesome RPG's released recently (or is about to be released) have/will stolen/steal many customers for Blizzard.

Thought the same thing. As the game gets older less people are likely to give the game a try (and expansion packs might bring the game under attention of non-players, but having to buy all of those packs at once gets a bit costy :p), so by giving away the game for free they'll make it more attractive for new players to check out the game. Most of the money they make on WoW comes from the subscriptions anyway so I doubt giving away the game for free is a loss for them.

Level 22
Awesome pic of mah char:

attachment.php

U jelly?

I haz level 13 gnome warlock noaw and a level 5 orc shaman.

Attachments

• derp.png
    derp.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 351
Level 22
ok WOW is makin a lil bit of sense now listen to this.. see how deathwing is destroying the world guess where they are gonna go next.. probably "emerald dream" because azeroth is gonna wind up getting most of it destroyed... But like i said Blizzard, the burning crusade should of been Warcraft 4 story, wrath of the lich king as warcraft 4 expansion. and now Cataclysm (Which could of been the 5th installment (if there was no WOW)) *sigh make WC4 already im getting Fuc*ing old.. but i must say that starcraft 2 is badass (protoss ;)) and Diablo 3 does look really good. so lemme stop my bitching. Emerald dream sounds like it may start in WoW soon...

They wouldn't continue the story of WoW in war4 because they would make it even more ridiculous. More likely, war4 will repeat WoW + expansions in RTS form (provided that such game is ever made).

And who says that they can't make endless number of games? When the story gets too much to an end and to a state where it will be ridiculous to think of any further story, they can always create games with 'before all happened' story. Look at Mortal Kombat, they made so many mortals and after Armageddon what you could possibly expect to happen further? It would be ridiculous. Instead their newest mortals to not make a silly 'we wonder how the story never end and become dumb eventually' they made their newest titles a story of what happens before some events like MK 2011 is about the events shortly before MK3. So yuo can have War4 or War 5 or War7 before even the story of war2. And there you have it, never ending stories

^ For that reason they'd better not make Diablo 4 cause if the brothers, sisters and uncles of Diablo come, it's gonna become seriously serious

Level 17
I actually didn't get a mail either. (I got my key from ralle. And I have WoW already.)
I did get a scam mail telling me that I got 7 days of free wow game time becouse I was an owner of both the starcraft II beta and the retail version.
But like I said, that was just a scam, probably created at the same time as this official reward in order to get people offguard.
It looked legit until I saw the linked adress.

Edit: I even pre-ordered the collectors edition of starcraft II and did not recieve a Thank you email, or a mail asking for feedback like in the OP.

Level 18
I did get a scam mail telling me that I got 7 days of free wow game time becouse I was an owner of both the starcraft II beta and the retail version.
But like I said, that was just a scam, probably created at the same time as this official reward in order to get people offguard.
It looked legit until I saw the linked adress.

That was my first thought when I opened the mail. However the sender is the same as the official Blizzard account that usually sends newsletters (and not something made to look like it) and the links do link to the official site (instead of a site supposed to look like the original. I can log in on the official B. Net and then follow the link in the mail and am logged in. Also nothing in the mail wants me to give away any passwords or user data so even if it were a scam (which doesn't seem likely unless someone hacked Blizzard's newletter and managed to somehow make a site with the same url as the official one) the scammer wouldn't really gain profit out of it.

Level 19
no fair >.< all i got was 5 notices that my WoW account was being edited / illegally traded, i dont even own WoW what the hell

Level 18
no fair >.< all i got was 5 notices that my WoW account was being edited / illegally traded, i dont even own WoW what the hell

If it tells you how to solve the problems with your non-existent account, asks you to enter your password and accountname, sends you to a site with a non-official url and isn't sent by Blizzard then you can be sure that one is a scam. Ignore those. :p

Level 1
Ok, i'm Nillere, lvl 72 Blood Elf mage, currently in dragonblight, lulz :p (On aerie peak of course)

Level 17
That was my first thought when I opened the mail. However the sender is the same as the official Blizzard account that usually sends newsletters (and not something made to look like it) and the links do link to the official site (instead of a site supposed to look like the original. I can log in on the official B. Net and then follow the link in the mail and am logged in. Also nothing in the mail wants me to give away any passwords or user data so even if it were a scam (which doesn't seem likely unless someone hacked Blizzard's newletter and managed to somehow make a site with the same url as the official one) the scammer wouldn't really gain profit out of it.

Well, I did get a scam mail that looks similar to the one in the OP becouse it linked the to a very weird url. And When I entered the site on a school laptop (just to make sure that I wont get any virus shit on my own) it got blocked by firefox. :p

Level 18
Well, I did get a scam mail that looks similar to the one in the OP becouse it linked the to a very weird url. And When I entered the site on a school laptop (just to make sure that I wont get any virus shit on my own) it got blocked by firefox. :p

I think right-clicking the link and copying the location should work so that you won't have to actually open the site. :p

Level 17
I think right-clicking the link and copying the location should work so that you won't have to actually open the site. :p

Well, yes. I can see the location at the bottom left. I were just a bit cautious, I wanted to see how well faked the site looked. Sometimes I actually wonder WHY they try to scam people.. I mean.. Sometimes they are great webdesigners that make the scam sites.

Ohh well. The important thing is that I didn't get any free time. But I already have 3 active months (and do not play wow anymore, haha :D. I only login to speak with friends.).

Level 19
If it tells you how to solve the problems with your non-existent account, asks you to enter your password and accountname, sends you to a site with a non-official url and isn't sent by Blizzard then you can be sure that one is a scam. Ignore those. :p

its seemingly odd. its just a blizzard notice, doesnt ask for password or anything. its just a notice that my contact / personal info was changed and it got locked because 20 failed login attempts. its also funny cuz i can still login and gmail says that these might be fake emails. i changed my password, got the email note, and it looked completely different than the others and gmail didnt mark it as fake. (except it was spam cuz i really dont care about those notices)

Level 23
@ Illidans911 Ignore those emails, they are indeed scams (like I presume you already discussed in this post). What they are trying to make you do is to open the link they provide in the email, which will lead to a fake blizzard site with the identical interface. When you type in your email and password there, you will be guaranteed your email and pass have been sent to them, and then they can scam you off the account by changing emails and password.

Have you changed your email address at anytime of your main battle.net account? Then that could be one reaosn you didn't get an official email.

Like I already mentioned before, if you log in to your account, and visit the sc2 game page while logged in, there should be a picture to the right saying something about wow and "Click to claim".

Cool stuff. I already have an account though, so I guess it doesn't make a difference to me. ;P

Theres even a guild on Stormscale called PVE IS HARD, if I remember right. They are all PVPers and no one of them have any "real" PVE experience but they still managed to down ICC so yeah I guess its pretty hard then huh.

You seem to be insinuating that PvE is more difficult than PvP. :p

Anyway, all the instances become like that after a while. Even PuG's end up being able to do high-end raids decently enough, eventually. (or at least most of them) Once the tactics are down and people have actual gear from that raid, it becomes a lot more easier. (of course) The times when the raids come out are the funnest, because everything is a lot less premeditated.

Level 1
By the way guys, kinda curious, but who has chosen what race and what class?

Personally I am Human Hunter...

Sure yer not a peasant? :3

I think Debode came up with the server, but race and class is all up to yourself lulz :p

Level 6
Me (Yozshura): L35 Fury/Protection Orc Warrior
Debode (Deljin): L39 Beast Mastery Troll Hunter
TRD (Exitiabilis): L21 Orc Shaman
shiiK (Enormity): L21 Orc Rogue
DonDustin (Dondustin): L23 Tauren Druid

We're all Horde.

All levels are what I have last seen ingame.

Level 21
Going on Aerie Peak with a trail guys so I'll meet you there, with the name Ajer as my character's name.

Level 21
I am playing as warrior, just playing around the Tauren starting zone to level up and such, but my main trail has all my characters that I played on there, but I need to make my WoW account to its fullest and I don't have the money to do it, well I do, but its for bills and what not.

Level 1
So so far we have:
Me (Warrior)
Debode (Hunter)
shiiK (Rogue)
TRD (Shaman)
DonDustin (Druid)

Who else do we have? If we don't have any additionals, then we're missing Mage, Priest, Paladin, Warlock and Death Knight.

Madness! Im a lvl 74 mage on Aerie peak, so you dont need a mage lawl :p

Status
Not open for further replies.