• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

You should make Rep unlimited not 24 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I believe the reason he does it is quite a few people don't get help because they have no rep, which I guess you shouldn't help people with little or no rep because they haven't contributed much, but some people have some outstanding ideas for maps and such and they don't get help for their projects causing it either to become unfinished or it to be delayed. They should already know how to do most things involved in their map but still sometimes it is just one trigger, one model, one something that they need and they get ignored and sometimes that one thing is all they needed to complete their map, I'm not saying everyone ignores people that have no rep but quite a few do and their are a lot more people asking for help then those of you who do not care about rep so that is why I think he started a rep giving group.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
no one looks at rep and decides not to help, we look at how he writes. Most of the requesters are like "hai can u halp mah? I need mudelz for my map, I need *insert some name here* model plz help. PLZ!" and give no details or reference pictures or anything.

Level 14
I just made a group that helps people help more by giving them rep...

I've repped about 8 people today and now I can't rep anymore for 24 hours... You guys should stop using that method!

Uhm.. no one cares. People shouldn't have to beg for rep because honestly, rep means nothing. You should just be happy to help the community, or interact with the community in a positive way.

Why are you repping so many people anyway?

And rep requirements were put on anime models because of this:

When my anime shop was open, the rep thing was used so that people wouldn't sign up, take the models, then scram. It was meant to get people used to the site, and actually gain a shred of respect for the modelers and creators.

Level 40
I believe the reason he does it is quite a few people don't get help because they have no rep, which I guess you shouldn't help people with little or no rep because they haven't contributed much, but some people have some outstanding ideas for maps and such and they don't get help for their projects causing it either to become unfinished or it to be delayed. They should already know how to do most things involved in their map but still sometimes it is just one trigger, one model, one something that they need and they get ignored and sometimes that one thing is all they needed to complete their map, I'm not saying everyone ignores people that have no rep but quite a few do and their are a lot more people asking for help then those of you who do not care about rep so that is why I think he started a rep giving group.
The people who discriminate based on the target's rep (note: those attempting to be helped who have excessive negative reputation are an exception to the following) tend to be those who give sub-par help in my experience.

In any case, the users who didn't get help from them are at least not running around in circles.

I know a good amount of people in the Triggers and Scripts forum (where I mostly am, hence why I use this as an example) who give decent to good help, and I rarely to never see even a single one of them ask for reputation, and never see any of them demand that the helped has a certain amount of reputation, or obviously discriminate based on said criteria.

The people who tend to be the main problems with this issue are the people who are crazy about rep.

The real "reputation" in a community has to do with how many people know you/see you in a good light, and whether they at least (somewhat) respect you, not a series of shiny gems under your name.

Another guy screaming for rep.

Hey give me rep because I need some.

Lol its just a computer game, not a life.

Being repped meant he/she got helped by your answer alot, meaning some does only mean its ok that you helped them. Guys can decide if they want to rep, like a democraty, we do not need for screaming for rep, its just a forum guys :)

Level 6
I barely ever use rep because honestly its a flawed system, And actually I think the number of rep a day should be lowered to 4 unless your a moderator or higher
True, I used to go to a forum with a 1-5 point rating system for each post. It was bad, that's all I have to say(unless you guys want to hear the long story on how it was bad).

Though one thing it is good for is saying "thanks" to helpful posters without actually posting thanks(because it can bump the thread when it's already solved, and move threads that aren't solved to down).

Status
Not open for further replies.