• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WOW icons to Warcraft 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello there ! I want to use some wow icons for my custom w3 map and I'm using Button Manager to sesize it to 64x64 and convert it to BLP. But, the original icons are 56x56 if I'm not mistaken which results in low quality icons in game. Is there anything I can do ?

Attachments

• mannorothpoleam.jpg
    mannorothpoleam.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 103
Level 6
Hello there ! I want to use some wow icons for my custom w3 map and I'm using Button Manager to sesize it to 64x64 and convert it to BLP. But, the original icons are 56x56 if I'm not mistaken which results in low quality icons in game. Is there anything I can do ?

The quality is lower yes, but might still be good enough. Have you tried it ingame?
Also there are a lot of WoW icons that you can get wc3 ready from this Site, could be an alternative.

Otherwise I would say you can't higher the quality if it's resolution is lower than the one you want. One could try using filters to make it less obvious.

edit: Are you sure that your icons are only available in 56x56? I found this mod for WoW and the icons that he uses as example are 64x64 like this one:
p6HTr.png

Maybe download that one and check if your icons are in there with a resolution of 64x64.

Level 4
Yes , I checked that mod.Maybe there are exceptions , but for example the icon which I've posted has the same quality there as the original icon ( 56x56).

Level 6
Maybe :D , thanks. But I'm making a map and I plan to take many wow icons and I was wondering if I can find them in higher quality.

Well, I did find this one, and thousands more in 64x64 in here. Should be working for you aswell.
Even though you said that you already tested it, maybe you were just unlucky with some icons. Most of them seem to be the same size tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.